No announcement yet.

Dr Jennifer Keller/ Jewel Staite Appreciation/Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joe posted another interesting blog entry, and I think it clarifies some questions some of us were having concerning the nomination (ie was she really the only one whose nomination was submitted). He also explains and reiterates his annoyance at some Anti-Keller fans, which is always nice to read

Here are the relevant sections:

Spoiler:
    Kath writes: “Its a shame that this has turned into a sniping match now and because some fans dared to voice their opinions that a lot of focus seemed to be going to a new addition of the cast then automatically we are deemed haters.”

Answer: You know, it never ceases to amaze me how certain fans can be so free and vocal with their own criticisms and yet so incredibly thin-skinned when someone criticizes their infantile behavior. Rather than simply “daring to voice their opinion”, some fans, who clearly lack the capacity to express their thoughts in any sort of intelligent manner, choose to be insulting or launch personal attacks. Of course, on the rare occasions when they are called on it, they seek to defend themselves under the guise that they are protecting their right to free speech. I’m afraid I’m going to have to call bull**** on that. If you don’t like a character or the writing then, sure, feel free to post your opinion. But if you’re so childish and devoid of any intellect that the only way you can get your point across is by being disparaging people, then expect to be on the receiving end of a firm smackdown. FYI, this all started two days ago because some fan, clearly upset by the fact that Jewel had received a Gemini-nomination, intimated that the only possible way she could have received said nomination was by facing no competition from her fellow cast members. This fan wondered whether Jewel was the only one submitted for nomination. I sarcastically responded that, in fact, she was. And when the rest of the anti-Keller crew started their foot stomping, I responded in an equally sarcastic manner. For the record, other cast members were submitted for consideration but only Jewel ended up with a nomination. If you’ve got a problem with that and suspect the Gemini selection committee of “being in love with Jewel” or playing favorites, then I suggest you take it up with them.

Spoiler:
    Astrumporta writes: “High-larious. What’s really funny is people still believe your first statement that you could only afford to put one actor into the nomination process. Obviously you were kidding. Weren’t you?”

Answer: Yes, I was kidding.

You gotta love Joe for not being afraid of stating his opinion and insulting a portion of the fans
    sigpic
    Sig made by Pic-Collswan

Comment

Originally posted by DrJenniferDex View Post
      Wish she was an American, I'd rather have her as president than either of our candidates.
      She's young we'll make her vp.... how does (Sarah) Palin/Keller sound!?!?!?!
      Woman power plus 2!
      Originally posted by Ethell View Post
      Joe posted another interesting blog entry, and I think it clarifies some questions some of us were having concerning the nomination (ie was she really the only one whose nomination was submitted). He also explains and reiterates his annoyance at some Anti-Keller fans, which is always nice to read

Spoiler:
      Kath writes: “Its a shame that this has turned into a sniping match now and because some fans dared to voice their opinions that a lot of focus seemed to be going to a new addition of the cast then automatically we are deemed haters.”

Answer: You know, it never ceases to amaze me how certain fans can be so free and vocal with their own criticisms and yet so incredibly thin-skinned when someone criticizes their infantile behavior. Rather than simply “daring to voice their opinion”, some fans, who clearly lack the capacity to express their thoughts in any sort of intelligent manner, choose to be insulting or launch personal attacks. Of course, on the rare occasions when they are called on it, they seek to defend themselves under the guise that they are protecting their right to free speech. I’m afraid I’m going to have to call bull**** on that. If you don’t like a character or the writing then, sure, feel free to post your opinion. But if you’re so childish and devoid of any intellect that the only way you can get your point across is by being disparaging people, then expect to be on the receiving end of a firm smackdown. FYI, this all started two days ago because some fan, clearly upset by the fact that Jewel had received a Gemini-nomination, intimated that the only possible way she could have received said nomination was by facing no competition from her fellow cast members. This fan wondered whether Jewel was the only one submitted for nomination. I sarcastically responded that, in fact, she was. And when the rest of the anti-Keller crew started their foot stomping, I responded in an equally sarcastic manner. For the record, other cast members were submitted for consideration but only Jewel ended up with a nomination. If you’ve got a problem with that and suspect the Gemini selection committee of “being in love with Jewel” or playing favorites, then I suggest you take it up with them.

Spoiler:
      Astrumporta writes: “High-larious. What’s really funny is people still believe your first statement that you could only afford to put one actor into the nomination process. Obviously you were kidding. Weren’t you?”

You gotta love Joe for not being afraid of stating his opinion and insulting a portion of the fans
      I LOVE THIS! and I bet joe realizes just how SMALL a portion of the fans it is! I have got to save this!

edit- that's the new link on my siggie!
      Last edited by Rac80; 03 September 2008, 06:45 PM.

Comment

*reads JM's entry*

Thank you Joe! That's what I wanted to hear...err, read.

Thanks to jumble, Krissie678, & Pic for the awesome sigs!

Comment

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

And you know, really, guys.... they're not fans, are they?

The Doctor and the Wild Man Thread... Keeping the dream alive.

Comment

Originally posted by fuchsia View Post
            They're usually fans of the first 3 seasons, but not the last 2...
            sigpic
            Sig made by Pic-Collswan

Comment

They're usually fans of the first 3 seasons, but not the last 2...
              nope, they are WHINERS!!!!!!! simple as that! and joe understands!

All Hallowed is the Mallozzi! *bows low*

Comment

Originally posted by atlantisk View Post
                I never told you this Fenrir Foxz, But I love your sig, It makes me laugh all the time
                Thanks.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Yeah I read it great stuff.

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                nope, they are WHINERS!!!!!!! simple as that! and joe understands!

All Hallowed is the Mallozzi! *bows low*
                Yup.

Hallowed indeed.

Comment

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

That is great I love that!!

Originally posted by fuchsia View Post
                  I don't think so I mean there are shows I liked but once I stopped careing for it or I disliked a character I stopped watching not sit there and B*tch about the character and still call themselves fans
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                    She's young we'll make her vp.... how does (Sarah) Palin/Keller sound!?!?!?!
                    Woman power plus 2!
                    Just no. Considering what's coming to light now about Palin (I'm referring of course to her politics because I can't care less about her personal life or that of her daughter), I'd be really against her for President. Hell, I'm against her as VP as it is. And McCain too for that matter, but that's for another time and place.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
                      Just no. Considering what's coming to light now about Palin (I'm referring of course to her politics because I can't care less about her personal life or that of her daughter), I'd be really against her for President. Hell, I'm against her as VP as it is. And McCain too for that matter, but that's for another time and place.
                      Pretty condescending acceptance speech she gave too.
                      Theoretically spoilerish:
                      Spoiler:
                      Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by KindlyKeller View Post
                        Pretty condescending acceptance speech she gave too.
                        I was out all night and missed it. I was actually beginning to wonder if she'd even do it. You think it's up on YouTube yet?

Was it that bad?

I'm only asking because Jewel should have all the facts before she picks her running mate.
                        sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                          I was out all night and missed it. I was actually beginning to wonder if she'd even do it. You think it's up on YouTube yet?

Was it that bad?

I'm only asking because Jewel should have all the facts before she picks her running mate.
                          OT:

Spoiler:
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXiS4TZ7zls
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcwWciBv_q4
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_2HQh7KeKg
                          There's still one more part to come, I think.

The speech went over very, very well with the arena audience. But it was sarcastic, condescending, and belittling to anyone who doesn't share every single one of her views.
                          Spoiler:
                          Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by KindlyKeller View Post
                            OT:

Spoiler:
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXiS4TZ7zls
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcwWciBv_q4
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_2HQh7KeKg
                            There's still one more part to come, I think.

The speech went over very, very well with the arena audience. But it was sarcastic, condescending, and belittling to anyone who doesn't share every single one of her views.
                            Still OT:

Spoiler:
                            Thanks, KK.

I just watched it and wow. Whereas Obama and Biden were both respectful to their opponents, Palin was condescending and, as you said, sarcastic. Disgustingly so.

And her views on certain aspects of healthcare, politics, and the economy are just mind boggling. Her words in the last 1-2 minutes of the third video were particularly frustrating. Nay, maddening.
                            sigpic

Comment

Still OT:

Spoiler:
                              Thanks, KK.

I just watched it and wow. Whereas Obama and Biden were both respectful to their opponents, Palin was condescending and, as you said, sarcastic. Disgustingly so.

And her views on certain aspects of healthcare, politics, and the economy are just mind boggling. Her words in the last 1-2 minutes of the third video were particularly frustrating. Nay, maddening.
                              Spoiler:
                              I agree. It was hard to watch. The dismissal of his time as a community organizer as "not having any responsibility" was particularly frustrating. Tell that to the impoverished, out of work steel men and women who he helped get back on their feet. Tell that to the people getting sick because the city wouldn't remove asbestos from their apartments until Obama lobbied on their behalf.
                              Spoiler:
                              Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Spoiler:
                                Geez, I'm glad I missed that when it was on earlier. I honestly have no interest in either presidential candidate, nor in their running mates, but I'd like to see them have a bit more respect.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X