Dr Jennifer Keller/ Jewel Staite Appreciation/Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the Jewel Staite interview...

“I got a new leather jacket to wear off world,” the actress enthuses, “They’ve given me this off-world outfit and solidified me as more a part of the team, so that’s really cool. She’s still a little bit of a ‘fraidy cat,” Staite laughs, “but what I really like about Keller is that she seems to react the way a normal, ordinary person would in a death-defying situation. I think there’s a lot of humor and a lot of realism in that. But she’s learning and she’s definitely becoming used to being in dangerous situations and stepping up to the plate a bit more. So, slowly but surely, she’s getting the hang of it.”
    Exactly what I've been saying all along. Why is it so hard for people to accept that not everyone is a soldier and not everyone can be stoic and calm in the face of certain death right out of the gate?

She is how a normal person would react. She is how a CMO with no previous training for those situations would react. I say good job writers for daring to actually go there and risking the wrath of the fans that expect bravery to only be shooting guns at enemies and laughing in th face of danger. Courage is being scared out of your mind and finding the strength to not run and hide or curl up in a ball and weep.
    sigpic

Comment

I had to stop by after reading the interview. Big cheers for Jewel/Jennifer! I have been a fan of Jewel's since Firefly and still am. I think the character of Keller is a fab just like she is. A normal person in abnormal circumstances. She's a strong core with a soft, quiet exterior. I'm glad to read she's getting more time in S5!

Comment

I finally got a chance to sit down and read the entire interview. That's really good news about her character on Atlantis. Hopefully some of the antis will begin to come around. Maybe...

Thanks to jumble, Krissie678, & Pic for the awesome sigs!

Comment

Originally posted by DuncTK421 View Post
          I finally got a chance to sit down and read the entire interview. That's really good news about her character on Atlantis. Hopefully some of the antis will begin to come around. Maybe...
          I am hoping so too I know at least one who has said that their biggest issues has been the way Keller has been portrayed so far and they admit that if they she wasn't "as whiny" as she has been then she will change her mind (I keep telling her that she whined no more than some of the other characters but)
          sigpic

Comment

It was a great interview wasn't it? I am really glad we'll get to see more of Jewel and Keller this next season.

Comment

And here's a (very large!) pic.

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by dragongirl View Post
                I am hoping so too I know at least one who has said that their biggest issues has been the way Keller has been portrayed so far and they admit that if they she wasn't "as whiny" as she has been then she will change her mind (I keep telling her that she whined no more than some of the other characters but)
                I hear that. I know some people who absolutely loved her as Kaylee on Firefly but can't stand her here. I don't think it's dislike for the actress as much as the way she's been written.

Thanks to jumble, Krissie678, & Pic for the awesome sigs!

Comment

Originally posted by DuncTK421 View Post
                  I hear that. I know some people who absolutely loved her as Kaylee on Firefly but can't stand her here. I don't think it's dislike for the actress as much as the way she's been written.
                  Yeah I like the way she has been writen so far but I can see why some of the anti's are on that side so here's hoping that she gets most of those anti's over here right.
                  sigpic

Comment

I honestly doubt that making her character stronger will change any anti's minds. some people will dislike her intensely no matter what!

I am glad they are strengthening the character simply because everyone changes and grows!

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                      I honestly doubt that making her character stronger will change any anti's minds. some people will dislike her intensely no matter what!

I am glad they are strengthening the character simply because everyone changes and grows!
                      That could be true but I am a bit of an optimist
                      sigpic

Comment

Nice pics and great news

I was uploading Missing and I must say I don't like that ep a lot. I think this is the one why a lot of people have problems with Jenn - I really hate the way they presented her in here. And I cannot help myself and I blame Teyla too... But Jewel looks beautiful on some pics

Spoiler:

Comment

I just watched Trio again! Oh, how I love Jenn. She's got one wicked sense of humor ^^

Comment

I made a firefly siggy from Jaynestown (for so many reasons probably my fave eppy) but just in case people haven't seen it I will put it in spoilers

Spoiler:

so love it hate it?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SeNedra View Post
                              Nice pics and great news

I was uploading Missing and I must say I don't like that ep a lot. I think this is the one why a lot of people have problems with Jenn - I really hate the way they presented her in here. And I cannot help myself and I blame Teyla too... But Jewel looks beautiful on some pics

Spoiler:

IMG]http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll195/xSeNedra/Stargate%20Atlantis/Season4/407%20Missing/missing0019.jpg[/IMG]

IMG]http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll195/xSeNedra/Stargate%20Atlantis/Season4/407%20Missing/missing0340.jpg[/IMG]

IMG]http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll195/xSeNedra/Stargate%20Atlantis/Season4/407%20Missing/missing0679.jpg[/IMG]

IMG]http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll195/xSeNedra/Stargate%20Atlantis/Season4/407%20Missing/missing0822.jpg[/IMG]

I heard somewhere that Missing was originally supposed to have Rodney in it instead of Jenn. Perhaps that may explain some of the odd things she does. It would fit better with Rodney's character, I thought. But it sounds that most of the timidity is behind her now.

I made a firefly siggy from Jaynestown (for so many reasons probably my fave eppy) but just in case people haven't seen it I will put it in spoilers

Spoiler:

so love it hate it?
                              Now I love Jaynestown. It's my joint favourite with Out of Gas. That song!!!

Comment

Out of Gas was fun seeing how everyone got to be part of the crew. Glad that Wash shaved that lip fuzz off his face that was horrible and what and interesting why to be intrroduced to Kaylee.

Jaynestown was just too funny I laughed during most of it loved the song and Simons "This is what going mad must feel like." and then what Jayne went through at the end

I also really liked Objects in Space okay I am gonna have to stop soon or I will go through every ep.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X