No announcement yet.

Dr Jennifer Keller/ Jewel Staite Appreciation/Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since it looks like we Have both a Pro and an Anti Keller thread we will not be bringing the *What up with ppl hating Keller* thread back out. Due to the amount of actress bashing as well as persoanl attacks on members it just is not worth the effort to delete half a thread only to then have to merge select posts into either the Pro or the Anti threads here.

There is also a thread titled *The Anti Cast Transplant* thread that would be applicable to how some feel as well so all of the opinions voiced in the thread have a place to be heard with resorting to the bad behavior.

Thank You
    Tamefarrar
    GateWorld Moderator
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

I think I am confussed did we do something wrong or is there not an anti thread just in general what??? If it should be obvious I am sorry still going through insmonia so I am mising really obvious things lately
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dragongirl View Post
        I think I am confussed did we do something wrong or is there not an anti thread just in general what??? If it should be obvious I am sorry still going through insmonia so I am mising really obvious things lately
        It's just in reference to a thread that was removed in the S4 forum discussing Keller's character.

Apparantly things got out of hand so the Mods shut it down.
        sigpic

Comment

oh okay thanks
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
            It's just in reference to a thread that was removed in the S4 forum discussing Keller's character.

Apparantly things got out of hand so the Mods shut it down.
            I think that's a good idea. Some people can be too harsh.

Comment

True.

But I think Pandora was concerned that there is now nowhere to have a rational and reasoned debate. That being said, however, personal insults both of fans and the actress were flying so perhaps it's just as well that the discussion was closed for the time being.

Comment

People really need to relax and drop all the hate. I think this quote is appropriate...

"I am not a Starfleet commander, or T.J. Hooker. I don't live on Starship NCC-170...[some audience members say 'one'], or own a phaser. And I don't know anybody named Bones, Sulu, or Spock. And no, I've never had green alien sex, though I'm sure it would be quite an evening. [Pomp and Circumstance begins playing] I speak English and French, not Klingon! I drink Labatt's, not Romulan ale! And when someone says to me 'Live long and prosper', I seriously mean it when I say, 'Get a life'. My doctor's name is not McCoy, it's Ginsberg. And tribbles were puppets, not real animals. PUPPETS! And when I speak, I never, ever talk like every. Word. Is. Its. Own. Sentence. I live in California, but I was raised in Montreal. And yes, I've gone where no man has gone before, but I was in Mexico and her father gave me permission! My name is William Shatner, and I am Canadian!”

Of course, we're still fandom geeks, but at least we're polite and sweet about it all.

Comment

very true plus we here have been able to have polite conversations with out resulting to insults if we don't agree with each other.
                  sigpic

Comment

I found this site with a whole bunch of clips of Jewel's previous roles.
                    http://abadeo.com/Jewel_Staite/videos/index.html

Comment

she does blonde well (not meaning anything against the blondes that might be here) she is doing a very sterotypical blonde well
                      sigpic

Comment

They're really interesting. I was particularly interested to see that she can juggle!

Comment

THere is a new thread (i can tell it's going anti) called "is keller a vital patt of the expedition. There is a poll there... go support our doctor!
                          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=54788

Comment

yup I voted and am taking up on your bet when I voted it is yes 7 and no 3
                            sigpic

Comment

I just went over and voted. As of now, it's 13-7 in her favor.

Thanks to jumble, Krissie678, & Pic for the awesome sigs!

Comment

I voted right now and it's 23 for and 22 against.

Comment

Working...
                                X