No announcement yet.

Dr Jennifer Keller/ Jewel Staite Appreciation/Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now as a Brit, I hadn't even thought there was anything inconsistent about that - it never crossed my mind. I forgot about the differing laws governing alcohol you have in the US.

Here in the UK we can drink in a pub at 18 and, I think, the British pub is a completely different kettle of fish to a US bar (depending on which pub you choose!) so I hadn't even thought that it may be considered "odd".

Comment

I don't know if this is the right place or not...but I have something on my mind for quite some time now....

Spoiler:
      OMFG !! Keller is so HAWT!!!!!

Comment

Welcome to the thread Integrabyte.

LOL.

I think I'll have to take your word for it!!! I mainly like the character because she is so kind. And I like Jewel as an actor. I loved Firefly and Serenity.

Off topic - I tried to second what you said in the Ask the Moderators thread about people using their best english & not using textspeak but my post was deleted (apparently supporting other posters isn't allowed) but anyway I did agree. I find it diffficult to follow what people are saying when they use textspeak and I am sure people who don't have english as a first language find it equally difficult.

Comment

Okay see I have to add in my thoughs on there Jennifer knowing drinking games see I am now 27 but the first time I drank any alcohal(sp) I was 17. wow that makes me sound like a party rype person dosen't it I'm not I swear!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KindlyKeller View Post
            Now, I'm not saying I condone this. In fact, I wouldn't know anything about it. But I hear that some people have these IDs that, purely by accident, imply that they might be older than they actually are. Not that I've ever seen such a mistake or capitalized upon it...
            I was going to comment on that possibility, but I really just can't imagine Jennifer using a fake ID. I feel like she'd be all shifty eyed the whole night expecting the cops to come barging in at any moment to haul her ass to jail or something. Maybe that's just me.

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
            Now as a Brit, I hadn't even thought there was anything inconsistent about that - it never crossed my mind. I forgot about the differing laws governing alcohol you have in the US.

Here in the UK we can drink in a pub at 18 and, I think, the British pub is a completely different kettle of fish to a US bar (depending on which pub you choose!) so I hadn't even thought that it may be considered "odd".

U.S is different from us Canadians too. 19 is our legal drinking age. Unless you're in Quebec, then it's 18. I'm of the mind that once someone hits the legal adult age, they should be allowed to do whatever they see fit to their bodies, including drinking themselves into a nearly comatose state if they so wish too. I don't really think "prohibiting" college students in the U.S from drinking until they hit 21 actually "prohibits" them from doing any such thing, considering how notarious they are for it.

But I digress.

Originally posted by dragongirl View Post
            Okay see I have to add in my thoughs on there Jennifer knowing drinking games see I am now 27 but the first time I drank any alcohal(sp) I was 17. wow that makes me sound like a party rype person dosen't it I'm not I swear!
            And I wasn't suggesting that she'd never had any alocohol. I was just saying that it's easier to reconcile a more introverted, less hard-partying persona with the type of person it would take to achieve all that she has at such a young age.
            sigpic

Comment

I ment even being younger than 21 some people have had drinks and if you hanging around thoes old enough to legally buy it then they would know drinking games and she would then pick up on it so it isn't inconciveable that even if she wasn't a social butterfly she could pick up drinking games.

and an odd thing I found out at the age of 18 (in the US) you are old enough to vote and die for your country and in the case of being at war and enlisted you are old enough to drink I only heard about that recently from my dad who is former navey.
              sigpic

Comment

Comment

Nice pics Krissie678

Comment

I agree, great pics.

Do we know why she had the strangely coloured hair?

Comment

Do we know why she had the strangely coloured hair?
                      As I recall, she starred in some SF show for kids that aired here in Canada. Can't remember what it was called though. I'll look it up.

ETA: Space Cases

I believe that's what it was.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
                        As I recall, she starred in some SF show for kids that aired here in Canada. Can't remember what it was called though. I'll look it up.

Thanks for that Pandora. That would explain it.

BTW, while I was looking at that link, I was particularly riveted by this statement.

Bova is from Uranus. His race possesses an extra appendage.

Comment

Thanks for that Pandora. That would explain it.

BTW, while I was looking at that link, I was particularly riveted by this statement.

LOL OMG you are such a perv!

Comment

Originally posted by dragongirl View Post
                            I ment even being younger than 21 some people have had drinks and if you hanging around thoes old enough to legally buy it then they would know drinking games and she would then pick up on it so it isn't inconciveable that even if she wasn't a social butterfly she could pick up drinking games.

and an odd thing I found out at the age of 18 (in the US) you are old enough to vote and die for your country and in the case of being at war and enlisted you are old enough to drink I only heard about that recently from my dad who is former navey.

I feel the need to point out that as a member of the military, an 18 year old can drink in the bars on base (or post as is appropriate)
                            sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                              I feel the need to point out that as a member of the military, an 18 year old can drink in the bars on base (or post as is appropriate)
                              I thought my dad said that was only during war guess I missunderstood.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post

She was also in an episode of Are You Afraid of the Dark?, and so was Chuck Campbell
                                "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
                                sigpic
                                Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X