Dr Jennifer Keller/ Jewel Staite Appreciation/Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KindlyKeller View Post
    Thanks for those links. I'm glad those exist!
    She's also got ronon/keller and mckay/keller smilies. She does ones for all ships, you just have to surf her thread. It's under stargate fandom.

Comment

heehee! cool smilies!
      --Kate

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
        She's also got ronon/keller and mckay/keller smilies. She does ones for all ships, you just have to surf her thread. It's under stargate fandom.
        Nifty! Thanks.
        Theoretically spoilerish:
        Spoiler:
        Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
          And something else that bugs me is the fact there is an Anti-Keller thread in the first place. There isn't an anti-Shep thread or an anti-Teyla thread etc. Why should poor Keller be singled out???

There are anti threads for Shep for sure. Probably for Teyla too. There seems to be a need to spew ugliness at everyone. And as the people on the show are being written and portrayed as human, not larger than life, then they are going to fall short of people's "expectations". For cryin' out loud. They are just human, not perfect! Of course, if they were portrayed as perfect, people would be hating that too!
          sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
            There are anti threads for Shep for sure. Probably for Teyla too. There seems to be a need to spew ugliness at everyone. And as the people on the show are being written and portrayed as human, not larger than life, then they are going to fall short of people's "expectations". For cryin' out loud. They are just human, not perfect! Of course, if they were portrayed as perfect, people would be hating that too!
            To play Pop Psychologist for a moment, I think people just project their general life frustrations onto some of the characters. They just like being angry about things and spewing vitriol, because it makes them feel better. I suppose it could be a good thing in a sense. It's better that someone comes on here and rails against Keller, rather than being that uncivil and mean to people in their real life.
            Spoiler:
            Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by KindlyKeller View Post
              To play Pop Psychologist for a moment, I think people just project their general life frustrations onto some of the characters. They just like being angry about things and spewing vitriol, because it makes them feel better. I suppose it could be a good thing in a sense. It's better that someone comes on here and rails against Keller, rather than being that uncivil and mean to people in their real life.
              Except I don't think that's always the way it works. I can't help but think that some people really are that nasty, whether it be towards a fictional character or not. Certainly the people that go overboard.
              sigpic

Comment

You may be right about some of them, which is sad. Life is too short and too precious to be angry and unkind.
                Spoiler:
                Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

For Pete's sake!

I am SICK to death of all the winey anti-Keller people taking over threads where they have no business to be! I am trying to read the threads over in Season 5 but find I can't because of all the Keller hate. There's a hard core of about half a dozen of them that repeatedly say the same old thing over and over again - totally off topic half the time.

Grrrrr.

Comment

I KNOW!!! God, what is WITH those people? They make it impossible to even read a thread.
                    Spoiler:
                    Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

It is more than just her too though I was on a thread about the all-female team and at first it wasn't bad the people there were more like me where they were saying well lets see how it plays out and so on then it turned to just hate and I stopped even going to that thread because it made me see red the way these people were going on.
                      sigpic

Comment

Also, I have used my Ignore button on most of them so most of the threads just say "You can't read this post because such n such a person is on your ignore list".

Actually it amuses me that nearly all of them are behaving in the way they claim they don't like in Dr Keller, ie they whine. (Keller doesn't IMO but they definitiely DO!)

And Dragongirl yes it isn't just about her. I'm sick of the general anti-this and anti-that topics. If they don't like the show then why do they watch it?

Comment

I'm kinda new in this thread but I just wanted to say I'm a big fan of Jewel. I love her in Atlantis and I loved her in Firefly.

Comment

Originally posted by aquagirl View Post
                            I'm kinda new in this thread but I just wanted to say I'm a big fan of Jewel. I love her in Atlantis and I loved her in Firefly.
                            I'm glad to see that someone else found their way here. WELCOME!

Comment

Thanks for the welcome.

Comment

Another welcome to you!

I think I'm going to post in this thread every single time I see the Anti-Keller page at the top of Page 1.
                                Spoiler:
                                Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Working...
                                X