No announcement yet.

Dr Jennifer Keller/ Jewel Staite Appreciation/Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jewel is awesome and I am happy that she is with the show now as a regular! A REGULAR!!! That in the end is all that matters...

*does happy dance*

The naysayers can rabid on all they like... Dr Keller is full time Season 5!!! End of story.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
      Jewel is awesome and I am happy that she is with the show now as a regular! A REGULAR!!! That in the end is all that matters...

*does happy dance*

The naysayers can rabid on all they like... Dr Keller is full time Season 5!!! End of story.
      thats a nice way of putting it season 5 is gonna be the best nows there more keller
      sigpic
      [[[[[Dr Keller]][[For Ever]]]]]

Comment

After reading some of your post here, I desired to stop by and leave my comment.

I like Keller, I been reading a lot of complaints about the character and in some cases the actress, in that case I have to disagree with people, the person it self has nothing to do with us likings or disliking of a character, I have never seen the actress JS acting on another show, I know she was in another Sci-fi show but I can’t place her.

Anyway, back to topic, I just stared watching Atlantis this season regularly because AT was going to be in it, I had seen one or two episodes in the pass just because it was on before SG-1, and although I like Becket I been liking Keller, I think a little better.

I catch the last episode of SGA when Weird got hurt, and I think that was JS one of her first episode in Atlantis, (I maybe wrong) but I like the new Dr. I like her apprehensive ways and her own doubts and how she thought she wasn’t ready for the post, but she prevail, she overcome her doubts and shown she can take care of her patients and she has been developing the experience need to do good, at the time I did know how much some people hated her, but by watching the show I have develop a liking for the Dr.

Yes she complains, yes she is to young, yes she gets scare, and all the other stuff people say about her, BUT Mckey, Carson, and Selenka DO the same, some of this people to the point of I just want to shot myself for watching the show.( and they had the experience all ready and still are whiny babies all the time)

So now that AT is leaving (another fine character that fall into the hate/kill her because she replace weird, a can of worms I don‘t want to open) I may be coming around to watch the show because of Keller, I like the character, I like the actor portraying her and I like her attitude so far. I like her better than Teyla and I used to like Teyla over the rest of the team.

Just one thing, I would like for TPTB to stop portraying her like a desperate woman in search of a man, she is strong since she is in Atlantis, she is independent for the same reason so she can be fine with out the “pairings” TPTB seems so desperate to link her too.

JMPOV
        sigpic

Dare and Dream

Comment

Word, word, word Mack_1.

I've always found in interesting that a lot of viewers refused to give Keller the time of day not only because she 'replaced' Carson but because they viewed her as annoyingy whiny. As I've pointed out before, I refuse to believe that 90% of the population would be anything but scared and whiny if they found themselves in a situation similar to that of Keller in 'Missing'.

Also, Carson could whine with the best of them. I have to admit that at first I hated the character. His refusal to cooperate and constant whining at having to use the Ancient chair in 'Rising' and other episodes in Season 1, set my teeth on edge whenever I'd here his voice.

And thank you. You brought up a point I've been meaning to touch on. As much as I don't mind Keller getting friendly with Ronan or Mckay (although I prefer Mckay, FYI), please, please, PLEASE do not make her characterization based solely on her interactions with other team members, namely those of the opposite sex. I absolutely hate it when any show, and it's been done on too many to count, bases a female character solely on her relationship with other men. Unfortunately it seems to happen quite frequently on T.V. and I'll continue to hope that TPTB of SGA are smarter than that and recognize that their viewers expect more than that.

Add me to growing list of people excited to see what they have in store for Keller in Season 5. Can't wait.
          2 days till TLM!! Gah!! The wait.....she is killing me.
          sigpic

Comment

That's the thing that gets me most, Pandora, is the skewering Keller gets for qualities that Carson shared. I think, on the whole, he was a MUCH bigger whiner than Keller, who really only did so in "Missing." Even there, I didn't think it was that bad.

Mind you, I didn't dislike Carson, but let's be real about it. He hated going off-world, he hated using the Chair, and he hated physical exertion.

And I agree about keeping her as her own character. Relationships should be represented as partnerships, because that's what they are if they're any good, as I think a -- for instance -- McKay/Keller relationship would be. Let it be a showcase of character growth, not character definition.
            Theoretically spoilerish:
            Spoiler:
            Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcKayCan View Post
              That's the thing that gets me most, Pandora, is the skewering Keller gets for qualities that Carson shared. I think, on the whole, he was a MUCH bigger whiner than Keller, who really only did so in "Missing." Even there, I didn't think it was that bad.

Mind you, I didn't dislike Carson, but let's be real about it. He hated going off-world, he hated using the Chair, and he hated physical exertion.

And I agree about keeping her as her own character. Relationships should be represented as partnerships, because that's what they are if they're any good, as I think a -- for instance -- McKay/Keller relationship would be. Let it be a showcase of character growth, not character definition.
              wooo lots of keller fans wooooo!!! it brings a tear to my eye carson is as much as a winer as her so lets face keller hater should hate her for being her not for her wining?(spelling?) because then they should hate carson too
              sigpic

Comment

Perhaps people felt they would have liked Carson as their family doctor in real life! Unfortunately that doesn't make for a good character in a scifi programme. I think we will get more interesting story lines with Carson in season 5 than we did when he was the good old Atlantis doc. Keller is much better suited for that role.

Comment

That's a great distillation, Blen!

Carson always seemed like a great guy, but I was never interested in his character. And it's not that his being a great guy is what made him uninteresting -- Shep, McKay, Jack, Daniel, Cam, Teal'c, Landry, and Hammond were all great guys, and they're all dynamic characters.

This new Carson storyline is easily the most interesting thing he's ever had, and it brought out the best in Paul, whose performance in Kindred was nuanced and amazing.

Keller, however, is also a great, compassionate person, and she has fun, interesting quirks. Great character already.
                  Spoiler:
                  Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcKayCan View Post
                    That's a great distillation, Blen!

Carson always seemed like a great guy, but I was never interested in his character. And it's not that his being a great guy is what made him uninteresting -- Shep, McKay, Jack, Daniel, Cam, Teal'c, Landry, and Hammond were all great guys, and they're all dynamic characters.

This new Carson storyline is easily the most interesting thing he's ever had, and it brought out the best in Paul, whose performance in Kindred was nuanced and amazing.

Keller, however, is also a great, compassionate person, and she has fun, interesting quirks. Great character already.
                    i think both charatcher are equally as good they dnt need to change keller in the slightest to help make her charatcher better she prefect
                    sigpic

Comment

Had to jump in and comment on 'The Last Man'

Spoiler:
                      I thought JS was fantastic. She can act. Surely this was never disputed but in TLM she really nailed every scene. Her devestation at watching the humans die because of Michael's drug. Her disbelief at the IOA's actions and subsequent sadness and departure.

Her scene in the hospital with Rodney though....I was in tears....and I am not one to be reduced to tears. That scene sold their relationship for me. She actually, truly loved him. Not because there was nobody else left but because of him. She wanted him to live after he died not chase after something she thought to be a pipe dream. And I think she knew it was futile which made it all that much sadder.

There are times when as much as I want to be understanding of different people's differing viewpoints, I just can't wrap my head around their abhorence for this character.

I read in the 'Anti' thread
                      Spoiler:
                      that one person cheered when she died.

I don't know. I realize that not every character will be loved by everyone and it's silly to even expect that (and I don't) but I truly can't see what this character has done to deserve that. Truly.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
                        Had to jump in and comment on 'The Last Man'

Spoiler:
                        I thought JS was fantastic. She can act. Surely this was never disputed but in TLM she really nailed every scene. Her devestation at watching the humans die because of Michael's drug. Her disbelief at the IOA's actions and subsequent sadness and departure.

Her scene in the hospital with Rodney though....I was in tears....and I am not one to be reduced to tears. That scene sold their relationship for me. She actually, truly loved him. Not because there was nobody else left but because of him. She wanted him to live after he died not chase after something she thought to be a pipe dream. And I think she knew it was futile which made it all that much sadder.

There are times when as much as I want to be understanding of different people's differing viewpoints, I just can't wrap my head around their abhorence for this character.

I read in the 'Anti' thread
                        Spoiler:
                        that one person cheered when she died.

I don't know. I realize that not every character will be loved by everyone and it's silly to even expect that (and I don't) but I truly can't see what this character has done to deserve that. Truly.
                        i agree with you Pandora. i love Keller, i think she's an awesome character. but i loved carson too. i was hystical when he died, but that didnt' mean that i automatically had to hate keller. i think that's she's an awesome character, and i'm so happy that they made Jewel a regular in season 5. and also, it's not her fault that she took Carson's place as COM, it's Elizabeth's fault anyway. ( i don't hate elizabeth, she's actually one of my fav characters, just pointing out something here )
                        thanks to Pandora's_Box for the siggie!

Comment

Jewel's performance was indeed amazing. The stuff on her deathbed was brutal to watch, in a good way. Greatly acted.
                          Spoiler:
                          Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Don't think it was posted here yet, but Jewel's EXTRA segment is up on MGM

http://stargate.mgm.com/video.php?id=105

I also did a bunch of screencaps of Jewel as well at

http://wraithfodder.livejournal.com/184537.html

Comment

i wrote an episode tag for the last man about
                              Spoiler:
                              rodney and jennifer

here's the link if anyone's interested

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4120062/1/
                              thanks to Pandora's_Box for the siggie!

Comment

Spoiler:
                                once i watched TLM the first time and saw her die it was sooo sad but the next time i watched i had to skip it because i refused to see her die twice :O

i have a question because she was infected with the hoffan drug how is teyla baby gonna stop her from getting the infection again?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X