Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Col. Newman View Post
    Spoiler:
    You seem to be forgetting that a child also has a right to live. What did the child ever do to deserve being murdered?
    Spoiler:
    What did the child ever do to deserve being born to a loveless home? What did that child ever do to deserve being hated and resented, beaten and abused?
    Last edited by Pandora's_Box; 03 September 2008, 10:56 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

So it ok to murder the kid?

Aren't liberals always going on about how the death penalty is evil? Atleast they get a trial by jury and several appeals.

Comment

Spoiler:
        So it ok to murder the kid?
        Spoiler:
        Calling the embryo or fetus a "kid" implies personhood and depends on when you believe a fetus reaches the point where it can viably be called a person.

Do I believe in abortion? Yes because I ultimately believe that a woman has the right to choose what to do with her body.

Do I like the idea of abortion? No.
        Last edited by Pandora's_Box; 03 September 2008, 10:56 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Would you mind using tags? Come to think, this whole political conversation we've all been having should just be moved over to the non-Stargate board.

I feel bad for people just looking for Jewel/Jennifer chat to have to see all of this.
          Theoretically spoilerish:
          Spoiler:
          Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Spoiler:
            Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
            Calling the embryo or fetus a "kid" implies personhood and depends on when you believe a fetus reaches the point where it can viably be called a person.

Do I believe in abortion? Yes because I ultimately believe that a woman has the right to choose what to do with her body.

Do I like the idea of abortion? No.
            but the "fetus" is an individual not part of her body.

o and KK spoilers for ya

Comment

Done and done.

Sorry, KK.
              sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                but the "fetus" is an individual not part of her body.

Spoiler:
                Actually considering that the embryo is connected to the woman by virtue of the umbilical cord and is wholly dependent on the mother for blood, fluids, food, energy, basically everything and is also residing within the woman's body, then it is very much a part of her body.
                sigpic

Comment

Let's talk about something else, like if anyone's ever eaten Vegemite...not touching the stuff, myself. Jewel is much braver than I. I suggested that to Joe just now for one of his weird food of the day purchases, or one of these: http://www.hotlix.com/insect_candy/insect_candy.html
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    Actually considering that the embryo is connected to the woman by virtue of the umbilical cord and is wholly dependent on the mother for blood, fluids, food, energy, basically everything and is also residing within the woman's body, then it is very much a part of her body.
                    Spoiler:
                    Same could be said of siamese twins

Comment

Ladies, ladies.

Politics and religion are always very emotive subjects and there will never be a winner in an argument.

How about we turn our energy towards loving Jewel and Keller.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJenniferDex View Post
                        Let's talk about something else, like if anyone's ever eaten Vegemite...not touching the stuff, myself. Jewel is much braver than I. I suggested that to Joe just now for one of his weird food of the day purchases, or one of these: http://www.hotlix.com/insect_candy/insect_candy.html
                        Oh goodness! Yeah, I could never handle either of those. Jewel's really a fan of the former?
                        Spoiler:
                        Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJenniferDex View Post
                          I don't even know what Vegemite even is really, but I gather it's horrid.

Spoiler:
                          Same could be said of siamese twins
                          Ummmm....okay then.

Here's a vid featuring, amongst others, Keller...

Teardrops on the Fire - A Shrine Tribute

:: cough :: It may be McKeller :: cough ::
                          sigpic

Comment

I love Vegemite and Marmite. Jewel wrote that she tried Vegemite on her trip to Oz in her blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                              Ladies, ladies.

Politics and religion are always very emotive subjects and there will never be a winner in an argument.

How about we turn our energy towards loving Jewel and Keller.
                              Sigh....it's not about winning....

It's about the debate....

:: trots of sullenly ::

Originally posted by KindlyKeller View Post
                              Oh goodness! Yeah, I could never handle either of those. Jewel's really a fan of the former?
                              I don't think she's a fan, but I remember her blogging about trying it in Australia or something.
                              sigpic

Comment

Well, she's got more stomach than I do. I applaud anyone who could even try it.
                                Spoiler:
                                Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Working...
                                X