No announcement yet.

Dr Jennifer Keller/ Jewel Staite Appreciation/Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope they don't off her in "The Kindred" since of course...

Spoiler:
    Dr. Beckett returns in that episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty0918 View Post
      I hope they don't off her in "The Kindred" since of course...

Spoiler:
      Dr. Beckett returns in that episode.
      I don't think so. Although Season 5 could be a different story. I think they can share the role. Two recurring roles would not be crazy expensive.
      sigpic

Comment

*runs in squeeing* I LOVE JENNIFER!!!
        Doppleganger spoilers
        Spoiler:

I love that she's becoming part of the team (everyone joins Shep at his table at the end) but she's still willing to go get help when she thinks she needs it. I'm glad that she didn't just hang back to see what might have developed once those disturbing dreams started spreading. YEA! she's not a dummy!

Sorry, just had to do that. Since Jewel's Q&A came up on skiffy's site, several people in one of my thunk threads have been bashing Keller 'cause they don't wanna see her shipped... at least, not with Ronon and not this early. But we all know what a sucker for lady doctors he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor View Post
          *runs in squeeing* I LOVE JENNIFER!!!
          Doppleganger spoilers
          Spoiler:

I love that she's becoming part of the team (everyone joins Shep at his table at the end) but she's still willing to go get help when she thinks she needs it. I'm glad that she didn't just hang back to see what might have developed once those disturbing dreams started spreading. YEA! she's not a dummy!

Sorry, just had to do that. Since Jewel's Q&A came up on skiffy's site, several people in one of my thunk threads have been bashing Keller 'cause they don't wanna see her shipped... at least, not with Ronon and not this early. But we all know what a sucker for lady doctors he is.
          awwwwwww,i think they would make a great couple!!!!
          sigpic

Comment

I don't miss Carson at all, Keller is such a great character. I hope Carson never returns if it means Keller leaving.

I am not a fan of having both on the show as really there is not enough for one doctor to do on screen never mind two... it would just be out of some kind of misplaced loyalty to have both there. And I certainly do not want the talented Jewel being made into no more then a bit player.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
              I don't miss Carson at all, Keller is such a great character. I hope Carson never returns if it means Keller leaving.

I am not a fan of having both on the show as really there is not enough for one doctor to do on screen never mind two... it would just be out of some kind of misplaced loyalty to have both there. And I certainly do not want the talented Jewel being made into no more then a bit player.
              It would be sorta like the Daniel and Jonas effect. The fans get used to and fall in love with Jonas, only for Daniel to return and Jonas sent off. It's a tough decision to make. If it makes the show better, then so be it.
              sigpic

Comment

JS was looking superfine in this eppy...
                Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
                  I admit I miss Carson but I thought Keller did pretty good in Doppleganger. She was important to the story but not overwhelming. She did not steal the spotlight from any of the regulars and seemed integrated well.

I thought her start in Adrift was a little shaky, not the actress but the character and her quick disregard for orders but then McKay was an enabler there so I will cut her a break. I think the character made a big comeback in my eyes with Doppleganger. I hope it continues and I hope they stay away from ship or any of the melodramatics that destroyed the Lam character (in my eyes).
                  Actually Lam was great...though was not in many episodes to be really explored. Would like to see
                  Lam and Keller have a seen in SGA in the future.....
                  Last edited by dec55; 20 October 2007, 07:00 PM.
                  Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

Well, after 4 eps I think I can say that I like Keller. I was a bit leary of her because I didn't like her character in Firefly AT ALL, but she seems to be good here so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                      It would be sorta like the Daniel and Jonas effect. The fans get used to and fall in love with Jonas, only for Daniel to return and Jonas sent off. It's a tough decision to make. If it makes the show better, then so be it.
                      Well I stopped watching SG-1 on a regular basis after Daniel came back as Jonas was such a good character and Daniel was just Daniel by then.

Carson never worked for me as a real part of the show but I really don't want to turn this thread into a bash Carson Thread there is enough neg talk (especially from me ) elsewhere on GW.

I just think if you make this kind of change it is better in the long run to stick to your guns. And as I think Jewel is doing a good job so far I see no reason to drop her from the show. I do know she is only there for a few eps in season 4 but if they get a season 5 I would love to see Keller remain as the CMO on Atlantis.

Of course others can and often do disagree with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                        Well I stopped watching SG-1 on a regular basis after Daniel came back as Jonas was such a good character and Daniel was just Daniel by then.

Carson never worked for me as a real part of the show but I really don't want to turn this thread into a bash Carson Thread there is enough neg talk (especially from me ) elsewhere on GW.

I just think if you make this kind of change it is better in the long run to stick to your guns. And as I think Jewel is doing a good job so far I see no reason to drop her from the show. I do know she is only there for a few eps in season 4 but if they get a season 5 I would love to see Keller remain as the CMO on Atlantis.

Of course others can and often do disagree with me.
                        Like I've been saying. I was not happy about Weir am still not happy. However I would be lying to myself if I did not say this has been the best season start of the series. I still keep hope that Weir can return for more than 4 eps or so. I think right now I want to get that 5th season announced then worry about who and what will play out.

I also agree, I would like to see Keller stay even if Carson were to come back for a recurring role.
                        sigpic

Comment

Agreed. As much as I want to see Carson come back and how the interaction between the two are I like Keller and don't want her bumped off and him come back full time.
                          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I don't have any negative statements for any particular character, except when they do something dumb

I like Keller. I think she has plenty of potential to become a great character on the show.
                            I like Carter on Atlantis. I think it both helps evolve her character, and the individual characters around her (like McKay).

I liked Carson. I thought he was a really good character, and served as a moral compass for the team.
                            I liked Weir. I thought she was different from most of the leaders on SG-1 and SGA because she was civilian with no scientific backround.

I can't say I do not miss these characters, but I also can't say I do not enjoy the new feel to the series because of the changes.

Comment

Hey Everyone,

Sci-fi had a video Q & A with Jewel Staite where fans had their questions answered, the video link is right here on this page...

http://forums.scifi.com/index.php?showtopic=2290900
                              Wow! Thanks for the link!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                                Agreed. As much as I want to see Carson come back and how the interaction between the two are I like Keller and don't want her bumped off and him come back full time.
                                Originally posted by Mattathias2.0 View Post
                                I don't have any negative statements for any particular character, except when they do something dumb

I like Keller. I think she has plenty of potential to become a great character on the show.
                                I like Carter on Atlantis. I think it both helps evolve her character, and the individual characters around her (like McKay).

I liked Carson. I thought he was a really good character, and served as a moral compass for the team.
                                I liked Weir. I thought she was different from most of the leaders on SG-1 and SGA because she was civilian with no scientific backround.

I can't say I do not miss these characters, but I also can't say I do not enjoy the new feel to the series because of the changes.

If it makes the story and quality better, then it was the right move. I've learned back in S9 of SG-1, that I was a Stargate fan not a RDA fan, in fact never saw Macgyver. Characters sometimes will come and go, if it doesn't happen the show can get boring. Although I don't want it to become Stargate : 24! Sheppard being Jack Bauer!

So if Carson returns to a recurring role that is great, but can they still keep Dr. Keller on as a few guest spots or even a recurring role like she is now? I hope so. I am really looking forward to "The Kindred"
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X