Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ronon Dex/Jennifer Keller Appreciation/Ship/Discussion (Doctor & Wild Man)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoodleyDog View Post
    Consider it done! I will recap the eppy live.

I live on the west coast of the US, but my satellite receives the east coast feed....so I'll be catching the very first airing.

My airing begins at 7pm pacific time.

I get so much enjoyment from your fanfic, I'm happy to be able to do something for YOU for a change, Star! :-)
    That'll be 4 a.m. my time. *makes mental note to set alarm clock* I'll be there!

BTW, when does the show usually air on Scifi in that time zone? I'm going to Vegas for a convention, so I'll be there for Outcast. *tries to curb excitement* I'm just praying we won't have a long-session dinner or event that night...

After reading your fic I realize what an honor it is that you like my stories. You are a genius at this yourself! It's funny - no, I guess it's Hivemind - that the DG tag plot bunny I told you about is also about smut from Ronon's point of view. As a teaser, I've just posted the first part at http://starg8fans.livejournal.com/7982.html. I think you'll know where this is going after you've read it... And don't worry, the rest of the chapter will be up soon. I'm about half way through part 2.

sigpic
    Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Cool Chapter. Weird dream. HOT SEX!! Looking forward to the second half.

HMMM Vegas. I'm not sure if it's in Mountain Time Zone or Pacific. If it is in Pacific, Atlantis will come on at 7pm. Obviously, at least to those of us in the States, if it is in Mountain, it will be at 8pm. Wishes I lived further west to see the show one hour earlier. Also FYI, SciFi has been playing the previous weeks episode and then the current one. So you'll get to see Quanantine twice!!
      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

I'm so glad you girls liked it! Hope I did ok with characterizing Ronon. I neer realized how hard it is to write for the strong, silent type and still be able to get him interact with other characters.

Chapter 2 coming soon to a LiveJournal near you!
        Spoiler:
        sigpic

Need I say more?

Got Fanfic?

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
          That'll be 4 a.m. my time. *makes mental note to set alarm clock* I'll be there!

BTW, when does the show usually air on Scifi in that time zone? I'm going to Vegas for a convention, so I'll be there for Outcast. *tries to curb excitement* I'm just praying we won't have a long-session dinner or event that night...

After reading your fic I realize what an honor it is that you like my stories. You are a genius at this yourself! It's funny - no, I guess it's Hivemind - that the DG tag plot bunny I told you about is also about smut from Ronon's point of view. As a teaser, I've just posted the first part at http://starg8fans.livejournal.com/7982.html. I think you'll know where this is going after you've read it... And don't worry, the rest of the chapter will be up soon. I'm about half way through part 2.
          Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
          Cool Chapter. Weird dream. HOT SEX!! Looking forward to the second half.

HMMM Vegas. I'm not sure if it's in Mountain Time Zone or Pacific. If it is in Pacific, Atlantis will come on at 7pm. Obviously, at least to those of us in the States, if it is in Mountain, it will be at 8pm. Wishes I lived further west to see the show one hour earlier. Also FYI, SciFi has been playing the previous weeks episode and then the current one. So you'll get to see Quanantine twice!!

Actually, I've found that when the episode airs depends entirely on your service provider. Nevada is on the pacific time zone.

If you have a satellite such as DirecTv or Dish Network, the episode airs at 7pm pacific time - because both satellite networks pick up the east coast feed. DirecTV airs the new episode at 7pm and again immediately afterward at 8pm - so even if you miss the first airing, the second airing follows right away.

If you have regular cable such as ComCast or TimeWarner, the eppy will air at 9pm....because the cable providers are sadistic and like to make us wait for new installments of Ronony-goodness.

So ask your hotel who the tv service provider is to determine the air time....
          Spoiler:
          sigpic

Need I say more?

Got Fanfic?

Comment

As a teaser, I've just posted the first part at http://starg8fans.livejournal.com/7982.html. I think you'll know where this is going after you've read it... And don't worry, the rest of the chapter will be up soon. I'm about half way through part 2.
            SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Loved the DG tie-in! The thing I like best about your stories is the way you can engage both characters point of view. I can write single p.o.v., but writing from both perspective is hard, and honestly, eludes me most of the time....so I really appreciate how you're able to do justice to both character's experience!
            Spoiler:
            sigpic

Need I say more?

Got Fanfic?

Comment

Actually, I've found that when the episode airs depends entirely on your service provider. Nevada is on the pacific time zone.

If you have a satellite such as DirecTv or Dish Network, the episode airs at 7pm pacific time - because both satellite networks pick up the east coast feed. DirecTV airs the new episode at 7pm and again immediately afterward at 8pm - so even if you miss the first airing, the second airing follows right away.

If you have regular cable such as ComCast or TimeWarner, the eppy will air at 9pm....because the cable providers are sadistic and like to make us wait for new installments of Ronony-goodness.

So ask your hotel who the tv service provider is to determine the air time....
              Very confusing. Just hope it will run late. I don't think I could arrange it to be back at the hotel for 7 p.m. There's nothing official planned for Friday evening yet, but that will most probably change soon.

Won't be surprised, though, if it won't work - AGAIN. Just like last time, when we were in transit from the plane to the hotel in Washington the whole time BAMSR aired.

sigpic

Comment

So quiet in here today...
                Spoiler:
                sigpic

Need I say more?

Got Fanfic?

Comment

So quiet in here today...
                  I'm here - well, kinda in and out. Just helping my son finish his math project.

Hey, Doodley, how's the fic coming?

sigpic

Comment

I'm here - well, kinda in and out. Just helping my son finish his math project.

Hey, Doodley, how's the fic coming?
                    I'm noodling the draft now. Any special requests?

Hopefully I will get chapter 2 posted tonight....
                    Spoiler:
                    sigpic

Need I say more?

Got Fanfic?

Comment

I'm noodling the draft now. Any special requests?

Hopefully I will get chapter 2 posted tonight....
                      No requests, I don't want to cramp your style.

Ran into a bit of writer's block today. It gets harder and harder to write new kinds of smut. Don't want to repeat myself all the time. Just let me know if it gets too weird... I'm almost done now.

sigpic

Comment

Wow, just made it before midnight. Here's the rest of the chapter. I hope it makes sense, I was writing it in bits and pieces between tending one sick child, and helping a healthy one with his math project... It's at http://starg8fans.livejournal.com/8267.html

I think it should explain some of the weirdness of the dream at the beginning of ch. 9.

Can't wait to read the continuation of your story tomorrow, Doodley!

sigpic

Comment

Squee! Thank you for the excellent chapter Starg8fan!! Loved it!
                          sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Thank You J&t4life!!
                            I LOVE it

How did you know that aqua and cyan are my favorite colors?

It's a shame I have to hide it under spoiler tags, but there are too many people over at the thunk thread who wouldn't speak to me again if I showed up with it. But who knows, maybe they'll come around after Quarantine airs...
                            What can I say? I just know these things! LOL, or not! It was a total coinkidink starg8fans! I'm glad you likey!

What's been going on here? not much?
                            --Kate

Comment

Ok you tarts, installment #2 of my fanfic is up at:

http://doodleydog.livejournal.com/2008/01/14/

Be forewarned, it's not steamy....it's full-on smut....

Let me know what you think!
                              Last edited by DoodleyDog; 14 January 2008, 09:58 PM. Reason: shockingly poor use of the English language
                              Spoiler:
                              sigpic

Need I say more?

Got Fanfic?

Comment

Wow, just made it before midnight. Here's the rest of the chapter. I hope it makes sense, I was writing it in bits and pieces between tending one sick child, and helping a healthy one with his math project... It's at http://starg8fans.livejournal.com/8267.html

I think it should explain some of the weirdness of the dream at the beginning of ch. 9.

Can't wait to read the continuation of your story tomorrow, Doodley!
                                So here's how it went for me:

Read Chapter 9

Stop and SQUEEEE

Read Chapter 9

Stop and SQUEEEE

Husband comes in and says "What are you reading?!"

Through a half-squeee, I reply "I'm updating Quicken."

I LOVED how eager Ronon was in this chapter. Playful. Sweet. That's not a side of him we get to see often, so it's a real treat!

Thank you!
                                Spoiler:
                                sigpic

Need I say more?

Got Fanfic?

Comment

Working...
                                X