Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ronon Dex/Jennifer Keller Appreciation/Ship/Discussion (Doctor & Wild Man)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Challenge 93
    *has been extended*

It's my favorite time of the year! This week, focus your art or fan fic on the Fall or Autumn season, or if you celebrate Thanksgiving, you can do that as well!

Entries due to me by noon your time, Monday November 30th.
    Advent Calendar is full! Please remember to send me your art 2 days before your day!
    1. JadedWraith
    2. taris
    3. Rinkrat
    4. slizzie1986
    5. RodneyisGodney
    6. MSusy
    7. Libero
    8. Grace
    9. Rinkrat
    10. scifan
    11. RodneyisGodney
    12. Falcon Horus
    13. slizzie1986
    14. bailey1ak
    15. Rinkrat
    16. taris
    17. Jaded Wraith
    18. copter
    19. RodneyisGodney
    20. Libero
    21. Rinkrat
    22. bailey1ak
    23. copter
    24. Rinkrat
    25. MSusy

Secret Santa is going out tonight!

sigpic

Comment

Just stopping in to tell you about the last 24 hours (highlights anyway) last night I got home late and my plan was eat and throw some cloths in the washer go to bed. After I put in a small load of laundry I went to brush teeth, change into pj etc...when I headed to the living room though I noticed the water was still running and it should have been way past that. I checked to make sure I had not put the washer on the big load setting and found that I had not messed up but that my washer was not cutting off the water. The water was just under the lid of the washer so while not overflowing from the lid water was still pouring from somewhere in the washer onto the floor in the closet where the washer and dryer are the hallway carpet was soaked water was in the kitchen (the kitchen and washer dryer hookup are on the same wall just opposite sides of said wall) and water was in the guest bathroom (which is to the side of the W/D closet) I spent 20 minutes bailing water out of the washer. I did not finish as it was after 11 and I had been up for 21 hours at that point, but I did get enough water out that no more was pouring onto the floor. I posted about it to FB this morning this afternoon my oldest brother commented (and messaged me on fb) he wanted me to meet him at Home Depo where he bought me a new washer and dryer set for an early Christmas and birthday present. I have to wait until Dec 2nd before they are delivered but I can manage till then especially as I had o clue when I would be able to afford to buy myself a new washer. I still have to finish bailing water out of the washer and seeing if I have a wet dry vac (I have a small carpet shampooer if I don't put water in it will it work to help pull up some excess water from my carpet?) but knowing I will not have to wait for a few months before I can get a new washer will make it less stressful.
      sigpic

Comment

DG try putting in on spin cycle to get the water. Might have to do it a few times.
        sigpic

Comment

I am a little scared it is going to try filling with water again but I will try it. Bailing water out is going to be a long process so nothing to lose right
          sigpic

Comment

I think I would have in quite a state after all that DG. I've had some nightmare experiences with plumbing and water and I get very panicky about it all. That's lovely of your brother to buy you a new washer & dryer.

It's a shame you don't live near me. I would have given you the number of a very handy washing machine repair man (known in our house as Washer Trudgill) who would come out & fix it any time day or night. He's a bit of a local hero. Everybody I know gets Trudgill to repair their washing machines.

I had a different sort of problem a couple of days ago. My shiny new boiler had some sort of spasm and wouldn't shut off. I think it was because we had incessant rain for 3 days blowing against the vent on the outside, and I think a little damp got into the boiler. Anyway it wouldn't turn off and we were all roasting. Eventually I found a button inside the boiler that shut it all down. I left it off overnight thinking that I would have to get the boiler people back, but the next day it was fine again & it's been fine since. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Psst. Look what I found on twitter.

https://twitter.com/HobbitonTours

Comment

Originally posted by dragongirl View Post
                Just stopping in to tell you about the last 24 hours (highlights anyway) last night I got home late and my plan was eat and throw some cloths in the washer go to bed. After I put in a small load of laundry I went to brush teeth, change into pj etc...when I headed to the living room though I noticed the water was still running and it should have been way past that. I checked to make sure I had not put the washer on the big load setting and found that I had not messed up but that my washer was not cutting off the water. The water was just under the lid of the washer so while not overflowing from the lid water was still pouring from somewhere in the washer onto the floor in the closet where the washer and dryer are the hallway carpet was soaked water was in the kitchen (the kitchen and washer dryer hookup are on the same wall just opposite sides of said wall) and water was in the guest bathroom (which is to the side of the W/D closet) I spent 20 minutes bailing water out of the washer. I did not finish as it was after 11 and I had been up for 21 hours at that point, but I did get enough water out that no more was pouring onto the floor. I posted about it to FB this morning this afternoon my oldest brother commented (and messaged me on fb) he wanted me to meet him at Home Depo where he bought me a new washer and dryer set for an early Christmas and birthday present. I have to wait until Dec 2nd before they are delivered but I can manage till then especially as I had o clue when I would be able to afford to buy myself a new washer. I still have to finish bailing water out of the washer and seeing if I have a wet dry vac (I have a small carpet shampooer if I don't put water in it will it work to help pull up some excess water from my carpet?) but knowing I will not have to wait for a few months before I can get a new washer will make it less stressful.
                Yay for a new washer!
                sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving!
                  sigpic

Comment

The spin cycle worked no more need for bailing YAY!!

It must be nice having someone who will come fix your washer whenever like that

I am was surprised when we went to Home Depo and my brother basically pick one. I thought he might know what the general problem was and was going to pick stuff up to fix it or at least have me talk to a person there to see what they would say. Then when the person came over to help he said she has the zip and phone number and everything and I am like what? then he said pick one and I am going uh okay um well this one here is a good size and a top loader (the front loaders you need to keep open so they dry and I don't want to have to walk around that to go down the hallway so I prefer a top loader) and not very expensive so I guess this one. And he asked if the washer and dryer had been bought at the same time I had no clue so he said to get the matching dryer as well.

Happy Thanksgiving to the people in the States and Happy Thursday to everyone else
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dragongirl View Post
                      The spin cycle worked no more need for bailing YAY!!
                      told ya
                      sigpic

Comment

I hope you all had a lovely day yesterday.

Glad the spin cycle worked DG.

Comment

Lots of fun at the Ever household! Ended up having a food fight after dinner. The marshmellows are still everywhere!
                          sigpic

Comment

The awkward moment when you realise your artie set has got the wrong ship pairing...I misread my secret santa prompt!

I don't know if I should laugh or cry ...oi! Thank God I just have to alter two layers but oh ....disaster.
                            sigpic
                            Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                            Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Oh no!! I guess it's particularly galling if you really liked what you had made & now have to change it. If you are like me, I only like about 1 in 10 of the things I make, so to have to alter something I liked would be difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
                                The awkward moment when you realise your artie set has got the wrong ship pairing...I misread my secret santa prompt!

I don't know if I should laugh or cry ...oi! Thank God I just have to alter two layers but oh ....disaster.
                                Oh no. Hope the actual pairing artie works out.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X