Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ronon Dex/Jennifer Keller Appreciation/Ship/Discussion (Doctor & Wild Man)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
    I wouldn't want to go to a Con frequently either. Once every couple of years is good enough for me. I went to one in 2011 and one in 2013. I'd quite like to go to one next year finances permitting.

Oh I feel drained. Trying to get SB to choose what she wants to do for her A levels/decide what job she wants to do/choosing & applying for a college etc. I need a lie down.
    Just a quick hello, ladies.

You know, it's daunting to figure out, at such an early stage, what to do with the rest of your life...Good luck for SB.

On a different level, I started to watch Lewis (ITV) and I'm developing quite an addiction...
    sigpic
    Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
    Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Thanks JW!

Oh oh oh!!! I bloody LOVE Lewis!! You're right. it's totally addictive. I had a binge on watching Inspector Morse & then Lewis straight after. James Hathaway is just so adorable. My favourite episodes are Life Born of Fire and The Soul of Genius.

Hathaway gorgeousness gif

http://blencathra.tumblr.com/post/11...d-skinny-jeans

and a pic

Last edited by Blencathra; 23 October 2015, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Thanks JW!

Oh oh oh!!! I bloody LOVE Lewis!! You're right. it's totally addictive. I had a binge on watching Inspector Morse & then Lewis straight after. James Hathaway is just so adorable. My favourite episodes are Life Born of Fire and The Soul of Genius.

I remember going through the whole process ( of choosing a career ) as a young woman. It is very stressful and no wonder they try not to deal with that.

I am not sure if I got to those ( I've only seen about four). I realize the series is a sort of spin-off from Inspector Morse, (that one I didn't watch ). I really love the way he deals with all those academic snobs and Hathaway is hysterical. I presume in inspector Morse, Morse was the scholar and Lewis was the youngest officer, every day, down to earth man, and now the roles are reversed, with the youngest being the scholar?

Ever, if you get the chance, it is a must watch.
        sigpic

Comment

Sadly for me what I want to do with my life is not something I am going to easily achieve more so since I like in a state with Unions.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
            I remember going through the whole process ( of choosing a career ) as a young woman. It is very stressful and no wonder they try not to deal with that.
            She genuinely has no idea what to do. It's a bit of a worry.

I am not sure if I got to those ( I've only seen about four). I realize the series is a sort of spin-off from Inspector Morse, (that one I didn't watch ). I really love the way he deals with all those academic snobs and Hathaway is hysterical. I presume in inspector Morse, Morse was the scholar and Lewis was the youngest officer, every day, down to earth man, and now the roles are reversed, with the youngest being the scholar?

Got it in one. It's amusing to watch Robbie Lewis (Kevin Whatley) gradually age & gain in seniority over the course of both series. Hathaway is like Morse, very clever. But there is a difference in their personalities in that Hathaway seems to have very little interest in women or sex (as yet) but Morse was very lonely and needed somebody to love.

If you are interested there is a Morse prequel series called Endeavour. It's set in Oxford in the 1960s and is the story of young Endeavour Morse beginning his career as a Detective Constable. That's very good as well. A bit like Inspector George Gently, only without the father/son thing going on.

I highly recommend all 3 series.

BTW did you know that Laurence Fox (Hathaway) is Mr Billie Piper?
            Last edited by Blencathra; 23 October 2015, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Just a quick hello, ladies.

You know, it's daunting to figure out, at such an early stage, what to do with the rest of your life...Good luck for SB.

On a different level, I started to watch Lewis (ITV) and I'm developing quite an addiction...

Lol, I was just about to say how I'd never heard of that show. I'm watching less and less these days. It's just too much work remembering when they come on and carve out a time to watch.
              sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

I believe it's called Inspector Lewis in the US, Ever & is on Netflix.

BTW has everyone seen the trailer for the new Sherlock special? It looks fanastic!

Comment

She genuinely has no idea what to do. It's a bit of a worry.
                  But it's quite normal. Tell her to follow her gut and, if it doesn't work out, it's not the end of the world. People change careers all the time. I've done a lot of adjustments to mine. Not everyone has a clear calling.

Got it in one. It's amusing to watch Robbie Lewis (Kevin Whatley) gradually age & gain in seniority over the course of both series. Hathaway is like Morse, very clever. But there is a difference in their personalities in that Hathaway seems to have very little interest in women or sex (as yet) but Morse was very lonely and needed somebody to love.

If you are interested there is a Morse prequel series called Endeavour. It's set in Oxford in the 1960s and is the story of young Endeavour Morse beginning his career as a Detective Constable. That's very good as well. A bit like Inspector George Gently, only without the father/son thing going on.

I highly recommend all 3 series.

BTW did you know that Laurence Fox (Hathaway) is Mr Billie Piper?
                  No idea. sadly, Netflix in Portugal is very limited. I wish it had more British series ( so far, it's Musketeers series 1 and little else). The copyrights and airing rights here are a legal mess.

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                  Lol, I was just about to say how I'd never heard of that show. I'm watching less and less these days. It's just too much work remembering when they come on and carve out a time to watch.
                  I am following two series at the moment. I didn't even started with the current Doctor who. My time seems to be spent I don't know where or in what. *shrugs*

As for Sherlock, I pre-ordered the special from Amazon.
                  sigpic

Comment

SB will get everything figured out. Never fear.

I rather liked Musketeers. I have both seasons on DVD. I just haven't had time to watch S2 as yet.
                    sigpic

Comment

I saw that the Sherlock special will air on Jan 1st still so long to wait and for a christmas special it is a little late
                      sigpic

Comment

Challenge #90

I know I am posting a day early, but since this is a Special Halloween Challenge, I thought I would give everyone an extra day. I will post entries for the mystery challenge tomorrow the 26th as normal.

Halloween for some countries is October 31st. This week's challenge is to make Halloween art! Spooky, Scary, Creepy, everything goes! If you don't celebrate Halloween, you can still make scary/spooky/creepy art of fan fic! Or if you are a fraidy cat, you can make "cute" spooky entries. {or just wait until next week for the new challenge}.

If possible, get me your Halloween entries by midnight your time, Friday October 30th. I will post them on Halloween . If you can't make that deadline, you will still have until noon your time Monday Nov 2nd. I'll post any entries then as well.

sigpic

Comment

Have fun with the challenge, everybody!
                          sigpic

Comment

Happy day!!!

Big Finish are doing a new audio series with the tenth Doctor & Donna Noble.

http://www.bigfinish.com/ranges/comi...ed-10th-doctor

Click for bigger.

I couldn't get that pre-ordered quick enough.

Comment

That is really cool, Blen. I would imagine I could follow that much easier than the other audio series.

Last edited by bailey1ak; 26 October 2015, 06:41 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post
                                That is really cool, Blen. I would imagine I could follow that much easier than the other audio series.
                                It's a slippery slope Bailey.

Until fairly recently I had heard of Big Finish but hadn't paid much attention to them. Then a few years ago I heard they were doing Blake's 7 with all the original cast. So I listened to their Blake's 7 stuff, & thought it was absolutely excellent... so then I thought I'd try some of their Doctor Who, starting with the Fourth Doctor Adventures, then I tried the Eighth Doctor Adventures, then I tried the Main Range, then the Lost Stories..., then UNIT, etc etc.

I've got well over 200 CDs & I'm only just scratching the surface. I'm currently starting on their Bernice Summerfield range (120 CDs and still growing). It's all getting very expensive, even though I only buy their ranges when they are on offer.

Still... I don't drink, I don't smoke, I'm not into buying handbags or shoes... so I feel I can feed my addiction without too much guilt.

Comment

Working...
                                X