Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ronon Dex/Jennifer Keller Appreciation/Ship/Discussion (Doctor & Wild Man)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mrscopterdoc's little Lemming helper is out and about - here to present to you Art Challenge #80

Lemming-gif courtesy by Nolamom

She told me I could pick a topic or use her back-up should I fall short on finding something exiting to have you guys/girls play around with. And it is with pride that I announce I found a topic or a theme which you can build your artwork on: stamps! I'm a bit of a philatelist so there...

It's summer (or winter depending what hemisphere you're in but it's summer where I'm at and it's hot too for once) and that means holidays. Over here you can create your own personal stamps to put on letters and the likes, so create your own personal stamp. You can put anything on that takes your fancy - make it artsy or keep it simple. Whichever way you want to go... and if you feel it should be sticking to a postcard or a letter - then by all means make it so.

It goes without saying that you don't actually have to keep the size of an actual stamp, but make it a little bigger so we can all see what's on it (in grand detail).
    I know not everyone uses photoshop but I'm sure this tutorial on how to create an easy stamp could be used in any program (should you require some assistance on the how-to's).

Entries are due Monday the 6th! - Don't forget to PM your entry to FALCON HORUS instead of Mrscopterdoc as I will be the one to present your designs to the public on monday evening. Should you wish to know what time zone I'm in --> GMT +1 <-- and I generally post late so you have a lot of time!

Thank you for your time and off you go, be creative! Make me proud!
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

In challenge # 79 we went tropical!!

Raduzhok

~~~~~~~~~

FanGirl

http://i.imgur.com/QCwzDiI.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

copter

Taris-eirien

~~~~~~~~~~

blencathra

~~~~~~~~~~

RodneyisGodney

~~~~~~~~

A huge thank you to Falcon Horus for hosting the challenge for me this week!
      ~~~~~~~~~~
      sigpic

Comment

Lovely art work everyone!

Stamps for the next challenge? Hmmmm. I'll give it some thought. *goes away to ponder*

Finally we have some summer here! It's lovely & warm and I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

Comment

Today in our weather humidity and we are having a cooler than normal summer I am not sure I want to say exactly what that means as if I do then it could all change
          sigpic

Comment

It's currently 29C (84F) in the shade at my house & quite humid. Bear in mind at was only 13C (55F) last week. I've been hotter, but we aren't used to higher temperatures in this country - no air conditioning etc. More geared up to it being cold rather than hot. I put some water out for the birds & they are queuing up to drink and bathe in it.

I feel sorry for SB. Her school has very strict uniform rules. She has to wear a shirt, with a tie, buttoned up to the neck, black skirt down to the knee, black tights, and a black blazer which she isn't allowed to take off. Oh and of course no A/C at the school either.

Comment

Sprinklers, Dearheart. Sprinklers. They're a Godsend!
              sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

By the time I ordered some & they arrived, it will be back to 13 C again. Would a full on hosepipe do just as well?

Getting warmer - 31C now (88F).

Comment

That sounds similar to our weather it is not the temps that are bad (on paper they are GREAT for summer here) it is the humidity that makes it all sticky and feeling 10-15 degrees higher than it really is.

Poor SB I am glad my school didn't do uniforms I know that my senior year the threat was made but the Senior class didn't care it wouldn't affect us since they wouldn't start uniforms until the following school year
                  sigpic

Comment

She came home looking wrecked. They were allowed to take their blazers off today, but still had to have shirts buttoned right up & ties on. I do like that she has to wear a uniform as it saves arguments and expense on clothes, but I think the school should give a little leeway when it's so hot.

Humidity here is 42%. Still 31C. Determined to enjoy it though. It's the first decent spell of warm weather this year.

Comment

I can see that if it is hot and the kids are suffering it is not good for the kids and it wont help them to learn anything they are going to be distracted because they are miserable

have a water balloon fight?

I watched a teaser trailer for London has Fallen and if I were a world leader I think I would start to panic if Gerard Butler were part of my security team...maybe that is tough part of me would be really really happy but part of me would be worried that my country was going to be attacked lol
                      sigpic

Comment

Hi everyone!

I think someone here asked me about the tutoring at Shadowplay forums and the sign up is open for the next term.

Basically all you have to do is have a a shadowplay account (it's free and no spam envolved) and if you want to be sorted by level of skill you create a gallery with your works and, based on your skills, they place you on elementary, intermediary or advanced. If you don't want to bother, you'll just be put in the elementary level.

Here is the sign-up tread

And there are many GIMP and PXP users around, it's not directed for Photoshop only.
                        sigpic
                        Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                        Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Anyone have Amazon Prime?
                          sigpic

Comment

I did for a while (until the price of it went up) it was very nice got things I ordered fast (usually within a couple days) some free ebooks I had no complaints bout it. If I could afford it now I would sign up again.
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm curious about the streaming service. How much? Were there commercials? Etc
                              sigpic

Comment

The streaming was something I only did I think towards the end and it was only to watch one movie there were no adds or anything that I remember
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X