Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ronon Dex/Jennifer Keller Appreciation/Ship/Discussion (Doctor & Wild Man)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Love shack. So sorry to hear everyone is so tired. I hope you're feeling better today, Blen and I hope there wasn't too much damage or spoiled food at your parents house, Ever. oi! Nesting spiders? *shudders*

Sleep hasn't been easy at home because my pets have been restless at night and I had to let them out at 3:00 A.M. to allow them to have their "hygienic moment". Not fun.

To top every thing I discover that my uncle's leg wound hasn't been healing properly, after nearly four months of treatment at the local health centre. So this week, we ( the family) decided to treat him at home and making an appointment with another doctor (a vascular surgeon, to be more precise). Oi!
    sigpic
    Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
    Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Well it looks like everyone is having a issues recently. I have as well, hopefully everything gets better (my mom is coming in to town in a week or so and with any luck she will come up with a way to fix things) in the mean time today has been screw up central here.
      Spoiler:
      I decided today was going to be cleaning day as I have a guest room I am working on and the master bath needs a good scrubbing and cleaning before I start using it, so I figured coffee will keep me moving. I went to Dunkin' Donuts (since I have a mug that means 99 cent refills). I ordered a French Vanilla coffee with cream and got a coffee that tasted like sugar. So I go back and find out they gave me French Vanilla swirl (I never said the word swirl) and that is a sweet syrup they put in my coffee so they dumped it and made me one without sugar. Finally a coffee I could drink. I get home and set my coffee on the tv tray beside my laptop. Xavier starts playing with a soft ball toy he has and it was near the tv tray when he batted the ball away he ran after it and got tangled in the power cord which pulled at my laptop (which I naturally grabbed) saved it but my coffee fell to the floor where the top popped off and all the coffee was sucked into the carpet. I grabbed towels and paper towels to clean up and used my little carpet shampooer and cleaned the spot. Still having that massive craving for coffee since I only had 3 sips of coffee I decided instead of driving all the way back to DD (it is like 10 minutes away) I went around the corner to Starbucks. I ordered a grande pumpkin spice latte. they gave me a grande pumpkin spice frappachino(sp) when I pointed out the mistake they of course made me what I ordered and gave me the mess up so I got 2 drinks for the price of one but come on what are the odds that 2 different places would get my coffee order wrong I don't ask for difficult things I swear. But I do have a pumpkin spice frap sitting in my freezer for a later day and that is not bad.
      sigpic

Comment

^...and that is why I always have an espresso. It's difficult to get that one wrong but some people do try.

Kudos for saving the laptop but bad luck on the carpet. Did it get stained?
        sigpic

Comment

I don't think so the carpet is a tan color and since I get coffee with cream it is about the same color but I think I got most of it up with the towels and carpet cleaner. So when it is all dry I don't think it will be visible.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dragongirl View Post
            I don't think so the carpet is a tan color and since I get coffee with cream it is about the same color but I think I got most of it up with the towels and carpet cleaner. So when it is all dry I don't think it will be visible.
            Not so bad, then.
            sigpic

Comment

Thank goodness the coffee didn't land on your laptop, DG.

I spotted something on Tumblr that made me smile. I love the way the various agencies respond as if he is Captain Kirk.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post

I spotted something on Tumblr that made me smile. I love the way the various agencies respond as if he is Captain Kirk.
                That is truly...adorable. Good morning, Blen.

We are having quite a bit of rough weather:since yesterday at 5:00 P.M. we had heavy rain and 5(!!!) thunderstorms. My pets are scared.
                sigpic

Comment

Morning.

Yeah, it made me grin.

Re your storm, have you tried putting on some loud music or turning the TV up? When my animals are frightened by thunder/wind/fireworks I try to disguise it with loud noises they are more used to. Sometimes it works.

Comment

Morning.

Yeah, it made me grin.

Re your storm, have you tried putting on some loud music or turning the TV up? When my animals are frightened by thunder/wind/fireworks I try to disguise it with loud noises they are more used to. Sometimes it works.
                    Well, many of them (thunderstorms) were after 12:00 P.M. Loud music or TV wouldn't make me very popular with the neighbours...But during day time, that's a good suggestion.
                    sigpic

Comment

Yeah I can see that wouldn't make your neighbours very happy.

Another thing you might try with dogs is putting T shirt on them. Apparently it works on the same principal as wrapping up babies tightly. It makes them feel more secure. We tried it with our Monty who was petrified of the wind and fireworks, and it worked to a certain extent. He was certainly less fearful. Perhaps he was more embarrassed.

Comment

Yeah I can see that wouldn't make your neighbours very happy.

Another thing you might try with dogs is putting T shirt on them. Apparently it works on the same principal as wrapping up babies tightly. It makes them feel more secure. We tried it with our Monty who was petrified of the wind and fireworks, and it worked to a certain extent. He was certainly less fearful. Perhaps he was more embarrassed.

[IMG]https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3868/15295712646_d857aca315_z.jpg
                        hey, Monty is a beauty!
                        sigpic

Comment

Awww, he was lovely. He passed away 2 years ago at the age of 15. He was a great example of why people should seriously think about getting a rescue dog. We got him from The Dogs Trust at Leeds. We went with the idea of getting somebody small and brown and ended up getting somebody large and ginger. He was a real character and everybody loved the ears. One year we went on holiday to Cornwall. Monty got a free ice cream every day from a lady who ran a stall in St Ives harbour. We humans had to pay for ours.

Comment

I'm having resize issues in photobucket so here is the thumbnail

That is my Cuca (pronounced Kookuh), an older gal, that captured mine and my sister's hearts two years ago. We met her in local shelter adoption campaign. We meant to get a small dog we could carry around. So, that part we missed our goal. But she is the best companion, ever.
                            sigpic

Comment

Hope everyone's week goes smoother than your weekends sounded.

Blen! Loved this... so cool.

Sweet pups, Blen and Jaded. Hope the weather dies down for Cuca's sake, Jaded.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post
                                Hope everyone's week goes smoother than your weekends sounded.

Blen! Loved this... so cool.

Sweet pups, Blen and Jaded. Hope the weather dies down for Cuca's sake, Jaded.
                                She is a sweetie, indeed. Hopefully, we won't get as many thunderstorms today.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X