Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ronon Dex/Jennifer Keller Appreciation/Ship/Discussion (Doctor & Wild Man)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!
    Aquagirl!!!!

Never guess what I did about a minute ago. I got up and did a Dr Keller in "Missing" - basically I just twisted/sprained my ankle. Thats the forth time too!!!

Anyway... how about a celebratory pic?

Thank you to Blen for the sig!

Spoiler:

I'm a 60%er!!!
    Proud member of the Major Lorne/Kavan Thunk thread
    Proud member of Sam/Jack family thread

Proud member of The Doctor and the Wild Man Thread

Comment

Originally posted by aquagirl View Post
      Hello guys, how are you today. I've got some amazing news. I just got my degree for finishing architecture school and guess what else I won an award for one of the best students in my generation and the president of our country is going to give me a golden ring as an award. I'm so surprised and happy

Well done Aqua!

I'm going to have a glass of wine to celebrate! Everyone can have a virtual glass if you want!

Read both your fics Reni & DG & left reviews. I'll read the other later Krissie after small Blen has gone to bed & I have more time.

Careful Mountie! Mind you there weren't any Bola kai in Wilshire the last time I looked!

And Everlovin, I'm willing to try anything to get Desmond to work better. So here goes.....

MMMMmmmmwwaa

Comment

Found this in the GW news section, about Jason's hair. Doesn't say much more than we know already really.

Spoiler:

Momoa: The dreads stay put

Ronon Dex's signature dreadlocks aren't going anywhere this season, actor Jason Momoa told GateWorld. Momoa has worn the 5-pound-heavy hair for seven years, and secured permission from the producers of Stargate Atlantis to cut off the dreads during the hiatus between Seasons Four and Five.

The plan was to keep the dreads and sew them back on for the first three episodes of the new season, which begins airing in July on SCI FI Channel in the U.S. That process, however, proved easier said than done.

"It took a little over nine hours," Momoa said. "It was painful, and I didn't sleep for four days. I grew my hair out when I cut them, and they braided it and sewed my old dreads back in. It looked great -- it just took a long time."

Not only was the re-hairing process painstakingly long, but it was also painful.

"It's super-painful, and I started getting sores on my head," the actor confessed. "The first episode I went into [the office of executive producer] John Smith and said, 'I can't do this. We have to find another way.' He was super-cool about it. Everyone was awesome." In fact, if it had come down to being dismissed from the series, Momoa said, he physically could not continue with the hair attachments.

Jason made it through the end of that first day of shooting, then cut the dreads off again and switched to his stunt wig (normally worn by his stunt double) for two episodes. After that, a $10,000 custom wig was made for the actor -- a perfect match for the dreads, though just as heavy as his original hair. He has continued to shoot with the wig throughout the show's fifth season.

"The beginning of 'Broken Ties' is all this [master] wig," he said. "There is some of my hair in there, which they sewed in to make it look more like my hair. When it came to us it was really clean and kind of dark. By the end of the season it will be perfect, because it has to get dirty and used."

A scene was scripted for "Broken Ties," the third episode of the season, in which Ronon's dreads are cut off in a dramatically tense moment (story). But it won't make the final episode: despite the show's producers agreeing to lose the hair and change Ronon's look, the network ultimately over-ruled the decision.

"SCI FI said no -- which is funny because they didn't want to have Ronon to have dreads in the first place!" Momoa said. "... SCI FI won't let me cut it until it comes to the point where it is going to hurt my neck -- which is basically the reason I wanted to cut it. So it's going to get to a point where physically I'm going to have to cut this thing off, because it weighs just as much as the other one. But it's nice that I can go home at night [without it]."

Comment

see I knew he didn't like the hair being re-attached but I didn't realize that he got sores from it. So it is that the wig looks darker guess well this will be interesting to see
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
            Careful Mountie! Mind you there weren't any Bola kai in Wilshire the last time I looked!
            They aren't... well, I haven't bee out for a while so there could be...
            It's not bad, just a bit sore. I won't need a full bandage like Keller had... which reminds me - I really badly sprained my ankle once and I got NO support for it. I don't like NHS (National health service) that much. I had to demand crutches... twice when I pulled my tendon in my foot and did my knee in. Just to inform people, I'm accident prone.

Spoiler:

I'm a 60%er!!!

Comment

Back here
              Nope, I wasn't working all the time, but five hours were enough...

Originally posted by Mountiegirl View Post
              70 pages not enough? What are you writing?

It's a shame that it'll be back in January. Least now I have the internet otherwise I'd have to wait till it came on DVD!
              This is the final work for graduating at the uni
              Spoiler:
              The topic is: Economic and statistical simulation of influences of regulations on the personal income tax levies and payments. It includes a lot of excell statistics. Funny? Not really... I study something among math, informatics and economy... The professor still has some requirements to do but I hope I am on the right way.

And I see you are over 200! Congrats!

Originally posted by aquagirl View Post
              Hello guys, how are you today. I've got some amazing news. I just got my degree for finishing architecture school and guess what else I won an award for one of the best students in my generation and the president of our country is going to give me a golden ring as an award. I'm so surprised and happy
              Cool, that's not gonna happen to me

Comment

Thanks... and your Economic and statistical simulation of influences of regulations on the personal income tax levies and payments sounds very interesting. Good luck!

Spoiler:

I'm a 60%er!!!

Comment

Sounds bloody awful to me. And you wrote 70 pages about it!!!! And now some more!!!!

I think you deserve to have this...

Spoiler:

Comment

I barely stayed awake through my high school economics class I deffinatly could do what you are doing good luck and here have a pretty

(Click)
                    sigpic

Comment

KerThunk
                      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

It is quiet interesting but now it's driving me up the wall.

Rather back on topic:
                        Spoiler:

Well, not really but this pic is so cool

See ya later, had to go for a while

EDIT: Blen, thanks

Comment

I am on a picture snurching mission.

Our heroes seem to be locked in wooded cages quite a lot!

Comment

I seem to be snurching lots of peoples pics today. I think I grabbed a Keller one from Blen and a Ronon one from SeNedra.

Comment

And here's a couple of pics for the Ronon or Rodney question.

Comment

ROTFLMBO
                                sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Working...
                                X