Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ronon Dex/Jennifer Keller Appreciation/Ship/Discussion (Doctor & Wild Man)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once again - gimp is as good as ps Really, trust me. You can do everything, there is only onbe missing thing - colour gradients, but it can be done just a bit different way. I work with gimp and you can see I can very similar art to Blen's for example. It is a bit unfriendly at the beginning but it is awesome. And of course, I have downloaded utility that allows me to install ps plugins so now it has really everything

Comment

Good morning, Love Shack! How's it going?

I should get to stay home today. Who knows? Maybe I'll get the chance to figure the whole ripping dvd thing out.

Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post
      I'm not excited with change either. My laptop at work is 7 years old or older and when they keep replacing computers I've held on to mine. It works fine for me and I don't seem to have all the glitches and things other people do. I know my computers quirks and we work well together.

I'm excited that the new computer will be faster and such, but not looking forward to all the upgraded and newer versions in software. I'm sure in a couple months I'll not know what the fuss was about, but until then...

Thankfully Gimp was the first program I tried. Got all my frustration out of the way at the beginning.

I did try Photoshop because it seems on the art threads it is the preferred (better) program. I had it on the work laptop and thought I'd give it a try. It was so difficult and frustrating. It is so expensive too, like $650 on for Photoshop CS5 on Amazon, no way I'd ever justify in my head buying it for fan art, but after giving it a try, don't think I'd actually want it either.

I'm sure moving from your program to Gimp is similar in the difficult and frustrating department. I'd be a hard change to make. Is Gimp better than the program your using? Maybe it isn't worth the change...
      Gimp has - from I can tell with everyone else's art - a lot more functions, tools, etc. There are some things that it looks like I should be able to do various things, but I can't figure out how to make it work. The whole color thing seems to be more doable with gimp than my previous program, text tricks, other stuff.
      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Ok, so now that it's official and I sent off my first art with gimp, I'm all nervous waiting for Sunday. I guess I'll have to go figure out how to expand my skills with it.
        sigpic

Comment

I've sent my entries off as well. Though I may make some more. I'm having a search through tutorials to see if inspiration strikes.

Ever, You tube have some good tutorials to follow for GIMP, and DG & Copter wrote some as well (though I can't find the link for that now).

As for ripping DVDs I use an old version of DVD Fab but I also understand Handbrake works very well.

Ugghh. It's raining, snowing & hailing all at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
            I've sent my entries off as well. Though I may make some more. I'm having a search through tutorials to see if inspiration strikes.

Ever, You tube have some good tutorials to follow for GIMP, and DG & Copter wrote some as well (though I can't find the link for that now).

As for ripping DVDs I use an old version of DVD Fab but I also understand Handbrake works very well.

Ugghh. It's raining, snowing & hailing all at the same time.
            I have - on my other computer but it's a matter of grabbing the link - the link to DG and Copter's tuts. I'll get them when I get too frustrated.

Could you link me up with your dvd ripper? This is a loaner computer (technically) and I'm leery of downloading an unknown program.
            sigpic

Comment

Sure.

Here's DVD Fab - http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm Though it's not the version I use.

And Handbrake - http://handbrake.fr/downloads.php I have downloaded this but haven't used it yet.

Comment

I'm off to download!
                sigpic

Comment

I think we have some success happening!
                  sigpic

Comment

I learned PS first through a job I had where I did some touch-ups on pics that had been scanned into a comp although a few years had passed when I got gimp it was a little messing around until I could remember what I was doing and then it was just a question of improving what I made.
                    sigpic

Comment

yay!

While we wait, here's the latest from the Doctor Who Fan Orchestra, Rose's Theme & Doomsday. I can't get over how good this sounds, considering the people involved come from all over the world.

Comment

I am a very happy camper!

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

That was really good they are all so talented!
                            sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Blenca, how do I do a title page at the beginning? The usual disclaimer etc. Do I use a power point? Regular gimped pic? Is there something on the WMM?

No, I haven't had two cups of coffee and a diet soda this morning. *looks innocent*
                                Darn. Where's the tarnish remover for my halo?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X