Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ronon Dex/Jennifer Keller Appreciation/Ship/Discussion (Doctor & Wild Man)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nicoct View Post
    I'm new to this forum....so by the comments I have read, I must be a non shipper? Because Ronon and Keller no way!!!

Hate relationships between main characters. It brings too much of a Soap Opera feel to the show and I HATE Soap Operas!!

Sorry, hope I did not offend anyone with my first post.
    Bit of an odd place for a non-shipper to make their first post . . .

Originally posted by sillyscipia View Post
    Ahem... Actually, it's fairly canon, if you follow Ronon's history.

Also, there's proof of ships in atlantis! Go re-watch conversion.
    Originally posted by nicoct View Post
    I have seen hints of attraction to other characters...but no like real relationships.
    Originally posted by sillyscipia View Post
    Actually... Rodney's girlfriend, Katie Brown. Remember her?
    Ditto.
    || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Starg8fans - one word Awwwww!

Loved it!
      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
        If you look in the Forum under 'Characters and Relationships' I'm sure you can find a thread where people can discuss and exchange their reasons and ideas why they are against any kind of shippiness in SGA.
        Ha!
        I think the main reason there shouldn't be ships in SGA is that the writers suck @55 at it. IMHO.

But, that being said I am a serial shipper, with Ronon & Keller the most recent on my looooong list of ships, doomed or otherwise. Hopefully R/K will fly under the radar long enough for some real action to happen.

Comment

Oh I am a hopeless romantic. It truly annoys me that we get ships on TV like Sam/Jack (which I adore) but it's taking what 10-11 years for TPTB to tell us that they're officially together? ARRGGH!

Look at the world around us. People fall in love quickly and easily - yes there are exceptions - but the challenge is to stay that way. TV seems to like to drag out the process. They give us tidbits and expect us to think it's a feast. Argh.
          sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
            Oh I am a hopeless romantic. It truly annoys me that we get ships on TV like Sam/Jack (which I adore) but it's taking what 10-11 years for TPTB to tell us that they're officially together? ARRGGH!

Look at the world around us. People fall in love quickly and easily - yes there are exceptions - but the challenge is to stay that way. TV seems to like to drag out the process. They give us tidbits and expect us to think it's a feast. Argh.
            I agree, but I can also see the point of TPTB. In Jack's and Sam's case, it was their military background that got in the way. And I kind of liked the way their love for each other was always there, but couldn't really be.

As for other characters, shipping a main and a secondary character (like the Rodney/Katie thing) is no problem. If TPTB want it to end, they just kill the second person off, or transfer them, or something. Not that they have been stingy with killing off majorcharacters in SGA. (From all the shows I know I think only 24 is worse in this respect...) If you have two major characters having an affair, it's hard for the writers to keep it fresh and interesting over a long period, and if you let them end it there will always be this 'thing' between them. Yes, people fall in love quickly and easily nowadays, and often end it just as quickly and easily. But I know very few who can gracefully handle the breakup and remain (or go back to being) friends.

Talking about FRIENDS, I think that show was a good example. Towards the end, all these ships the were or had been going on between them were just slowing everything down. Especially any new twists they were trying to spin for the Ross/Rachel arc were getting too contrived. Okay, it showed that they were betting older and (maybe) more mature bit I preferred the easy, fresh way they interacted in the beginning.

sigpic
            Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

How is everyone this night/morning.

I've finshed "Save Room." I may write an epilogue, depending on the interest, though.

Save Room - Chapter 3
              . . . . .

Spoiler:

Comment

Here's a little vid of Ronon and Jennifer having some pre-Xmas fun . Check it out at

http://www.elfyourself.com/?id=1298263565

(it may take a while to load so please be patient - I believe it's worth the wait!)

sigpic

Comment

The next chapter of 'Homecoming' is available at
                  http://starg8fans.livejournal.com/4380.html

Hope you enjoy it. If you do or not, any comments are welcome. Thanks!

sigpic

Comment

Great idea, Sin. Couldn't get it out of my mind. So while my kids watched 'The Santa Clause' tonight I put a little something on paper - or rather, silicone... Check it out at http://starg8fans.livejournal.com/2007/12/11/ and please let me know what you think. Also, any suggestions as to add-ons are welcome.
                    LOL I really liked it LOL Although, I really think you should have had Keller explain about the reindeer LOLOLOL I would have been a fly on the wall just to see Ronan's expression (even hear his thoughts) on that one LOLOL

I got another fanfic Christmas story suggestion....imagin...Secret Santa LMBO I can only imagine what Ronan would really think that meant LMBO

I really like it...give us more LOL

sin

Comment

Here's a little vid of Ronon and Jennifer having some pre-Xmas fun . Check it out at

http://www.elfyourself.com/?id=1298263565

(it may take a while to load so please be patient - I believe it's worth the wait!)
                      Okay next time, a little warning please...choking on ice, not a good thing

sin

Comment

Originally posted by sin392 View Post
                        LOL I really liked it LOL Although, I really think you should have had Keller explain about the reindeer LOLOLOL I would have been a fly on the wall just to see Ronan's expression (even hear his thoughts) on that one LOLOL

I got another fanfic Christmas story suggestion....imagin...Secret Santa LMBO I can only imagine what Ronan would really think that meant LMBO

I really like it...give us more LOL

sin
                        Okay, sin, I hereby officially declare you my muse. You have the best fanfic ideas. Secret Santa - just thinking about what somebody would put into the gifts makes me crack up.

I agree about the reindeer, but that would have made the story WAY longer, and I was a bit pushed for time. May rewrite it over the holidays. Or maybe a tag... just got a rather evil vision of Shep taking over, and showing Ronon the fun side of xmas after all the religious talk by Keller...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by renisanz View Post

I've finshed "Save Room." I may write an epilogue, depending on the interest, though.

Save Room - Chapter 3
                          Wow, Reni, that was incredible. The character interaction, the doubts, the comfort - just lovely. And I totally agree with what you said in your comments, it would have been wrong to go too far towards the beginning of a relationship at this point. It would have spoiled this special moment those two very different personalities shared.

sigpic

Comment

Okay, sin, I hereby officially declare you my muse. You have the best fanfic ideas. Secret Santa - just thinking about what somebody would put into the gifts makes me crack up.

I agree about the reindeer, but that would have made the story WAY longer, and I was a bit pushed for time. May rewrite it over the holidays. Or maybe a tag... just got a rather evil vision of Shep taking over, and showing Ronon the fun side of xmas after all the religious talk by Keller...
                            Awwwwww , I'm flattered ...I've never been anyone's muse before LOL

I totally get about the reindeer but once I saw it (and how great the whole scene was playing out), my imagination ran wild with possibilities LOLOL

OMG, throw Shep into the mix and I don't know who to feel more sorry for..Keller or Shep (Ronan can handle himself just fine )

Looking forward to what you come up with next

sin

Comment

Originally posted by renisanz View Post

Save Room - Chapter 3
                              Wow, this was really great....I can see a whole sequel coming out of it too (not that I'm pressuring here ) I really liked this chapter.

sin

Comment

Okay, to keep you busy I've just posted Homecoming, chapter 9 at http://starg8fans.livejournal.com/4813.html. It's really short but there's... no, you have to see for yourselves.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X