Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ronon Dex/Jennifer Keller Appreciation/Ship/Discussion (Doctor & Wild Man)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
    Nice ending. So that's where you going with this. I didn't see that coming at all.
    Me either. I was originally going to cut the chapter off before she asked the question, because I wasn't sure when I started writing what exactly the question would be. So, instead of what I ended up writing, she would have said, "I need to ask you something."

However, as I wrote the story, and started considering writing in from Keller's POV, which chapter 3 will be, I wanted to explain her thought process of the events of 'Missing' and how her character had changed for better, or worse.

But I'm glad I surprised you.

Also liked the bit of background on Dr. Keller. I'm a sucker for detail and logic, and it's always bothered me that she seems too young for this post. So I was trying to explain it, and hope I've found a believable past.
    Thanks, I didn't want to write too much, because at this point on the show, so little is known bout her past. So I decided to stick to basic stuff that was canon and be moderately creative. And I'm also waiting for them to explain why she's so young at her post as well. Maybe it will be revealed in Quarantine, but that ep's a ways off, so I don't want to go too crazy making stuff up for my story.

And the little hints that his attraction to her is mutual are very nice. The part when she tells him he doesn't have to take off his shirt all the way ... LOL
    I totally didn't mean to write it like that. I meant for him to be checking her out, and her to be evaluating his shoulder but being distracted by her thoughts at the same time, and she was blushing because she was embarrassed it was so obvious she wasn't concentrating on her job. But, she does have eyes, so I did want to write that she was attracted to Ronon as well. But, the chapter is from Ronon's POV, and I don't think Keller is that unprofessional to try anything. She's just stare, on the sly. So, it's a happy accident that you read it as that happening anyway.

I'm also glad you liked the bit with his shirt coming off. My sister thought that was funny as well.
    Last edited by renisanz; 08 December 2007, 10:17 PM. Reason: for content
    . . . . .

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by renisanz View Post
      Thanks, I didn't want to write too much, because at this point on the show, so little is known bout her past. So I decided to stick to basic stuff that was canon and be moderately creative. And I'm also waiting for them to explain why she's so young at her post as well. Maybe it will be revealed in Quarantine, but that ep's a ways off, so I don't want to go too crazy making stuff up for my story.
      Well, I actually enjoy the fact that at this moment you can make up about her what you like. I try not to mess with canon once it's been introduced, but until then I like thinking up background. I agree, I'm sure Quarantine will be the ep where we find out more about her as she and Ronon open up to each other.

Okay, This Mortal Coil just finished downloading, I'm gonna go and watch it. I heard it was an awesome ep.

sigpic
      Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

I have to correct myself, there ARE some rather nice pics of the two of them. Have just been checking out Tabula Rasa over at Stargatecaps - here's the result. Feel free to snurch them for sigs or whatever. It's a shame we can't use different sigs for different threads - I'm not sure I'd still be welcome at the Thunk Thread with an R/K sig...

Tabula Rasa:

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/e...r/RDJK-TR2.jpg

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/e...r/RDJK-TR3.jpg

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/e...r/RDJK-TR4.jpg

And two more (the bottom one is my favorite), spoilered for width:

*sighs* she's shortish too...well...compared to him...now I don't feel so bad being 5ft3 LOL
        double squee!!! awww cuuuute!
        "Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand!" Mark Twain (1835-1910)
        "But you see, just because we've been dealt a certain hand doesn't mean we can't choose to rise above it. To conquer the boundaries of a destiny none of us wanted. To try and retain whatever essential humanity we can." ~Edward from Twilight
        Historic Connections Ancient history resources business my Dad runs...go check it out

Comment

Okay I'm loving the fanfics! We need more chapters of Homecoming and SaveRoom....not that I'm pressuring anyone

sin

Comment

Heh, Thanks Sin392. I'll try to start on the next chapter sometime later today, but it may be Tuesday before it's posted.
            . . . . .

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by sin392 View Post
              Okay I'm loving the fanfics! We need more chapters of Homecoming and SaveRoom....not that I'm pressuring anyone

sin
              Glad you like it. Funny enough, I hardly get any writing done on weekends. Just too much family around all the time. I made two false starts into the next chapter, then gave up. But I think I've got it figured out now.

BTW although there was no real Ronon/Keller interaction in TMC, I really liked the way Jewel

Spoiler:
              portrayed the replicator Keller. This sweetness with the underlying menace shining through was just really well done. As for what Ronon was thinking when he noticed she wasn't the real thing, I leave that for everybody to decide. This was the expression on his face - let your imagination run wild...

sigpic

Comment

BTW although there was no real Ronon/Keller interaction in TMC, I really liked the way Jewel

Spoiler:
                portrayed the replicator Keller. This sweetness with the underlying menace shining through was just really well done. As for what Ronon was thinking when he noticed she wasn't the real thing, I leave that for everybody to decide. This was the expression on his face - let your imagination run wild..
                I also enjoyed Jewel Staite's portrayal of

Spoiler:
                Replicator Keller. Your description of her character in that episode was right on, and I liked it a lot. I think it's one of her best performances yet.
                . . . . .

Spoiler:

Comment

Gosh I'm loving all the fanfic LOL Question for all our fanfic writers of these two characters, do you think we could get like a 'short story' we're Keller introduces Ronan to the whole 'Christmas festivities'?

sin

Comment

I'm new to this forum....so by the comments I have read, I must be a non shipper? Because Ronon and Keller no way!!!

Hate relationships between main characters. It brings too much of a Soap Opera feel to the show and I HATE Soap Operas!!

Sorry, hope I did not offend anyone with my first post.

Comment

Originally posted by nicoct View Post
                      I'm new to this forum....so by the comments I have read, I must be a non shipper? Because Ronon and Keller no way!!!

Hate relationships between main characters. It brings too much of a Soap Opera feel to the show and I HATE Soap Operas!!

Ahem... Actually, it's fairly canon, if you follow Ronon's history.

Also, there's proof of ships in atlantis! Go re-watch conversion.
                      Jess | he/his/him | future ruler of the universe
                      "Roger that. Remind me to underachieve twice as hard from now on."
                      sigpic
                      dA | tumblr | twitter

Comment

Originally posted by sillyscipia View Post
                        Ahem... Actually, it's fairly canon, if you follow Ronon's history.

Also, there's proof of ships in atlantis! Go re-watch conversion.
                        I have seen hints of attraction to other characters...but no like real relationships.

Comment

I have seen hints of attraction to other characters...but no like real relationships.
                          Actually... Rodney's girlfriend, Katie Brown. Remember her?
                          Jess | he/his/him | future ruler of the universe
                          "Roger that. Remind me to underachieve twice as hard from now on."
                          sigpic
                          dA | tumblr | twitter

Comment

Originally posted by sin392 View Post
                            Gosh I'm loving all the fanfic LOL Question for all our fanfic writers of these two characters, do you think we could get like a 'short story' we're Keller introduces Ronan to the whole 'Christmas festivities'? sin
                            Great idea, Sin. Couldn't get it out of my mind. So while my kids watched 'The Santa Clause' tonight I put a little something on paper - or rather, silicone... Check it out at http://starg8fans.livejournal.com/2007/12/11/ and please let me know what you think. Also, any suggestions as to add-ons are welcome.

sigpic

Comment

You're not offending anybody by voicing your opinion. There are tons of people out there who don't like this idea. But if this is how you think, this may not be the right thread for you. This is a place for people who acutally enjoy the thought of a Keller/Ronon ship (whatever form it may take), and its purpose is not to discuss whether or not it's a good or bad thing.

If you look in the Forum under 'Characters and Relationships' I'm sure you can find a thread where people can discuss and exchange their reasons and ideas why they are against any kind of shippiness in SGA.

Now I hope you're not offended. Anyway, this is just the way I feel, I'm not speaking for the thread as a whole.

sigpic

Comment

By the way, if anybody wants to make Ronon and Keller dance together dressed as elves, go to www.elfyourself.com. You'll need full front face pictures of them that are not too high-res (I found about 500kb worked best). I couldn't e-mail the url to myself, because the site kept redirecting me to some obscure email account where I didn't know the password. So I'd be grateful if whoever succeeds posts the url here. Trust me, it's hilarious.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X