Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ronon Dex/Jennifer Keller Appreciation/Ship/Discussion (Doctor & Wild Man)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by methosivanhoe View Post
    hoping for Angst for a while, then they finally get over it and get together... keeping everyone happy and have a romantic wedding ceremony mid season 5 in the gate room with the windows behind them streaming light onto them... M
    and now for some strange reason i've added the image of them using the Stargate as a decorated wedding arch to the mental image...

photoshop here i come lol

now i just need to find high res images of Keller, Ronan and the gateroom with a romantic sunset in the background coming through the windows...

M

Click on the image to go to my fanfics.

Comment

Originally posted by DoodleyDog View Post
      This does bring up an interesting point though - Ronon isn't a 9-5 guy. He isn't conventional. After his years as runner, he's barely domesticated.

How does a long-term relationship with a super-civilized earth girl fit into the picture for him?

Sure, he did the relationship thing with Melena - but he was 18....and that was before he became a Runner, so he was arguably more civilized then and therefore, inclined to domesticity.
      True, and I think its really that aspect that the Anti's are worried about. They don't want Ronon to become domesticated and on that point I think we can all agree. I think that it should be slow developing and with a small focus on Jennifer dealing with his wild side. (the bad and the good, methosivanhoe) All in all I think that as previously stated they make a good match with their unpredictable schedules, but their will be a fair amount of angst.

sig by nicole9514

Voting for The Doctor and the Wild Man marriage in season 5 of Atlantis

My Ronon/Keller Fan Vids:
      1/27/08 - Somewhere I Belong
      Youtube
      High Quality Stage6 & Download

Comment

and now for some strange reason i've added the image of them using the Stargate as a decorated wedding arch to the mental image...

photoshop here i come lol
        I was thinking that too, where else would they have the ceremony?? Of course knowing tptb, in the middle of the service some crisis will strike and we'll have keller running around in her gown and Ronon shooting up the bad guys in his.......tux?? nah......but something dressy....or maybe a tux if Jennifer wants him to.

sig by nicole9514

Youtube

Comment

Do you think TPTB are going to give us a nice ship, or are they going to make it angsty?

Right now, I'm white-knuckling it....clinging to my hope that the writers won't blow it....
          I'm really hoping for some flirty, shy stuff from them for awhile. Ronon has to be out of practice with the ladyfolk. Heck, his voice was cracking and straining when he was talking about his feelings!

And, I am DYING for some grumpy, jealous Ronon.

Heh. I am usually the DOOM of a ship, so I am enjoying it while it lasts!!

Comment

Originally posted by writeangel View Post
            True, and I think its really that aspect that the Anti's are worried about. They don't want Ronon to become domesticated and on that point I think we can all agree. I think that it should be slow developing and with a small focus on Jennifer dealing with his wild side. (the bad and the good, methosivanhoe) All in all I think that as previously stated they make a good match with their unpredictable schedules, but their will be a fair amount of angst.
            Well, it's not just the anti who are worried about this. I am, too. I mean, I was really all over this ship, but that one scene in Quarantine where Ronon tells Jenn about Melena? That was so totally out of character. All that shiftiness, and grinning in the wrong places... really freaked me out.

The (almost) kissing scene, on the other hand, that was better. Although I always liked the idea that Ronon did have a soft center under that rough shell, I never saw him as weak. So if he likes a girl, and there's an opportunity, I felt certain he'd just grab it and make his move.

Sorry if I'm stepping on anybody's toes here, but I was seeing this whole thing more in a light-hearted way, not the really heavy emotional stuff. Fanfiction is the place for that, but on the show I think it would become too distracting.

Roast me if you like, but that's how I feel.

sigpic
            Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Originally posted by writeangel View Post
              I was thinking that too, where else would they have the ceremony?? Of course knowing tptb, in the middle of the service some crisis will strike and we'll have keller running around in her gown and Ronon shooting up the bad guys in his.......tux?? nah......but something dressy....or maybe a tux if Jennifer wants him to.
              roflol...

oh yeah, i can see that happening...

i can almost plot the fic out in my mind already

if i do end up writing it, which i probably will, i'll post a link to it here

M

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon View Post
                I'm really hoping for some flirty, shy stuff from them for awhile. Ronon has to be out of practice with the ladyfolk. Heck, his voice was cracking and straining when he was talking about his feelings!

ITA - this ship could be used to explore Ronon revisiting his former, civilized self....remembering the finer points of courtship, etc, which have been the furthest things from his mind for a long time.

Oooooh....grumpy, jealous Ronon would be HOT!
                Spoiler:
                sigpic

Need I say more?

Got Fanfic?

Comment

ITA - this ship could be used to explore Ronon revisiting his former, civilized self....remembering the finer points of courtship, etc, which have been the furthest things from his mind for a long time.

Oooooh....grumpy, jealous Ronon would be HOT!
                  and now i have hilarious images of John trying to coach Ronan in the finer points of Romance...

wrong... so wrong...

*big grin*

M

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
                    Well, it's not just the anti who are worried about this. I am, too. I mean, I was really all over this ship, but that one scene in Quarantine where Ronon tells Jenn about Melena? That was so totally out of character. All that shiftiness, and grinning in the wrong places... really freaked me out.

The (almost) kissing scene, on the other hand, that was better. Although I always liked the idea that Ronon did have a soft center under that rough shell, I never saw him as weak. So if he likes a girl, and there's an opportunity, I felt certain he'd just grab it and make his move.

Sorry if I'm stepping on anybody's toes here, but I was seeing this whole thing more in a light-hearted way, not the really heavy emotional stuff. Fanfiction is the place for that, but on the show I think it would become too distracting.

green for you!
                    Yeah, thats what I was saying I don't want Ronon domesticated - it will ruin the show. But I was always always under the impression that all the years of running took such a toll on his social skills that if he ever did get a romantic interest it would be incredibly awkward in the beginning filled with heavy angst. Luckily for some I think a lot of the issues this will take place off screen and because of that I believe this ship has the potential to be the first true couple in the Stargate universe.

sig by nicole9514

Youtube

Comment

Still OT for a second...

if you're interested in reading my fics, wander over to TTH...

that one is called Life, after slayage...

http://www.tthfanfic.com/Story-15193...er+slayage.htm

most of my fic's are Stargate / Buffy / ? / ? / ? for some reason...

i actually have a Buffy / Green Lantern / Stargate / Stargate Atlantis / Smallville / Friends crossover going at the moment... seriously lol

M
                      Almost missed this - thanks for the linkage! I'll check it out soon!

sig by nicole9514

Youtube

Comment

I hear you....I saw that scene playing out as:

Spoiler:
                        Ronon having spent a lot of time thinking about the Melena-Jenn comparison...and then it just came tumbling out because it had been in the forefront of his mind for a while.

The bashfulness I took as Ronon being uncomfortable by feeling emotionally exposed to someone for the first time in a decade...hence all the goofy smiling.

We all do goofy, out-of-character things when falling in love...right?

Differing opinions, I suppose.

Even if you jump ship....I still love ya!
                        Last edited by DoodleyDog; 23 January 2008, 07:16 AM.
                        Spoiler:
                        sigpic

Need I say more?

Got Fanfic?

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon View Post

Flirty stuff will be wonderful. There's going to be some jealousy, some cultural misunderstandings (I hope because then that means the writers will come up with some culture for the Satedans). I think that under the gruffness that running has put on Ronon he is still the man he was before on Sateda. It is just overlayed with the anger and the survivalist that he is now.

Maybe it is because my husband and I are such opposites. No one who knows our backgrounds would have ever put us together. But I can easily see them (Ronon/Jenn) being a couple.
                          sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

I hear you....I saw that scene playing out as:

Spoiler:
                            Ronon having spent a lot of time thinking about the Melena-Jenn comparison...and then it just came tumbling out because it had been in the forefront of his mind for a while.

The bashfulness I took as Ronon being uncomfortable by feeling emotionally exposed to someone for the first time in a decade...hence all the goofy smiling.

We all do goofy, out-of-character things when falling in love...right?

Differing opinions, I suppose.
                            I see what you mean, and it was what I was expecting from that scene - but somehow for me it came out all wrong. (I'm spoilering the rest because I don't want to rain on anybody's parade - only read on if sentiments of disappointment in the ship don't bother you...)
                            Spoiler:
                            I don't know, Jason is usually such a good actor, and he is so on top of portraying Ronon's emotions. Maybe he didn't feel comfortable with the scene himself, or he wanted to play it another way and they wouldn't let him (of course pure conjecture on my part)... and that's why it seemed so contrived and rubbed me the wrong way.

Just for the record, I'm still totally on board with this ship, I think my fanfics speak for themselves. That's probably my problem, I've set them up my way, and now it's hard to see TPTB take them down another path.

sigpic
                            Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

for anyone that wants them...

M

Comment

I see what you mean, and it was what I was expecting from that scene - but somehow for me it came out all wrong. (I'm spoilering the rest because I don't want to rain on anybody's parade - only read on if sentiments of disappointment in the ship don't bother you...)
                                Spoiler:
                                I don't know, Jason is usually such a good actor, and he is so on top of portraying Ronon's emotions. Maybe he didn't feel comfortable with the scene himself, or he wanted to play it another way and they wouldn't let him (of course pure conjecture on my part)... and that's why it seemed so contrived and rubbed me the wrong way.

Just for the record, I'm still totally on board with this ship, I think my fanfics speak for themselves. That's probably my problem, I've set them up my way, and now it's hard to see TPTB take them down another path.
                                I HATE it when TPTB do that to us. Hate it hate it hate it!
                                sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Working...
                                X