Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ronon Dex/Jennifer Keller Appreciation/Ship/Discussion (Doctor & Wild Man)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DONNA BOOTH View Post
    im new to this whole thread and im liking the idea of Keller and Ronan and i think we have got proof here a new interview from her here at Gateworldhttp://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/0...ng_point.shtml
    Wow.... WOW.... Just WOW! Holy freaking cow! I never ever expected to get so much confirmation for them. Dang! And for it to be pretty much like I envisioned them to be. I'm starting to scare myself with being right so much!
    Spoiler:

But I loved how she just came out and said that she loves the idea of Keller being with Ronon and how she likes that Ronon tips her off balance a bit. I'm sure she does the same to him and I REALLY hope we get to see that full force. Not sure I like what she said about surprising romances.... but hey, I'm gonna stick with what I know!

Awesome stuff Donna, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
      Maybe, maybe not. You know me, my eyes would get all aglow and I'd get totally tickled if I could turn pink when McKay was around---but even me who sees an abyss of masculine heat from McKay can't get past Ronon and a twirly gun. It appeals to my "bad-boy" tastes. Unfortunately Ronon was classed much like Teyla---basically asexual but who hold an extremely high if not highest level of sex appeal on screen. It's interesting how that plays itsefl out.
      That's a very interesting thought VB. I think you're right and it's totally bizzare considering the total hottness of both Teyla and Ronon. The idea that you could even make them sexless is a bit absurd. I'm hoping that the writers have finally realized that.

OT yes, but when looking in context to Ronon's relationships with women in the past and compared to his relationship with Teyla it's rather relavent. One of the key things when you look at Ronon with Melina is basically the a-typical male provider he appeared to be. I find when I see his relationship with Teyla which is one of the largest amount on screen after McShep is extremely familial. Sometimes, I find too familial considering the amount of time they knew each other. Especially when looking at how much he was willing to divulge to her in Runner and his apology. Ronon of course has changed from the Melina period, but his relationship with Teyla has always seemed to me as though Ronon saw not only a PG connection as verified in Trinity, but also the "older sister" aspect. Echoes was another good example of this familial feel. Not to mention the way Teyla talks to him, which is in a way a person speaks to an eager puppy...I always get the feeling RL would be tempted to add "sit" to her..."Ronon!!". Or the way one talks to a hyperactive child.
      I can deal with the instant familial bond with them, in fact it makes perfect sense from Ronon's perspective when you think about it. He's been running from all his connections and the pain of losing everything for seven years. He finally finds that he can stop, but its with an alien people he has nothing in common with except their desire to fight the Wraith. Enter Teyla who is in the same position as he is and there is an instant brother/sister bond there. Not only because she is the more stable and mature of the two, but because she has been on Atlantis longer and has "the leader's Woman" status. This makes her an untouchable female for him in the romantic sense, but leaves a much more profound relationship open to him and one that I honestly think he needed much more in the very beginning. Teyla helped him bridge the gap back to his humanity to the point that he could even think about starting a normal male/female relationship again. Teyla has been the iconic sister/mother figure to him since he came to Atlantis.

Spoiler:
      But this is also why the above would be interesting. Would Keller act in similar ways as Teyla to Ronon? Would Ronon in affect react similarly to Keller as he does to Teyla or the other female scientists on Atlantis? That will give us that extra push in to really understanding Ronon's relationship personalities and garner an understanding on his "woo-ability" [<----I created that word!! ].
      Spoiler:
      Ooo! Another very interesting thought! I think we'll see Ronon react MUCH differently to Keller. As for the other women on Atlantis, I don't think he even notices them at all. I think of one time in particular when Rodney read that woman's mind in Tao and Ronon didn't react to it at all. I think we'll see a new side of Ronon with Jennifer one that is more playful and perhaps more human. Who knows, but I don't think we'll see more of the same.

Tell me about it. It's like the writers confirmed two ships on screen and there is definitely no game playing or misleading as so many others like to claim. The ships are done, in the case of JT established and I'm just happy the excuse the writers don't have any ship in mind has been dispelled once and for all. For MG to confirm Sunday's information and the interview with Jewel Staite confirming another---there is no room here for misunderstandings and interpretations.
      Well if the followers of other ships are trying to say that TPTB are playing games, then it's obvious to me that they've never really understood the show or the writing of it to begin with. The ship lines have ALWAYS been clearly drawn on SGA from the beginning. It was only dissatisfaction with that decision and the willingness to see what they wanted to see that made them think there was going to be a change in their favor. What they call game playing is TPTB just doing their thing and putting up the typical "writing road blocks" to the ships they were REALLY writing for. I'm sorry that there were a big group of people that didn't realize this, but it doesn't mean that these writers have ever played games with the ships. It is straight forward for both John and Teyla and now Ronon and Keller. (ops, can't forget Rodney and Katie and Jack and Sam!)

Comment

Suz I have a tooth bill to send to you. I fell off my chair in school after reading your fic and banged my mouth on the desk causing my tooth the chip. Okay so I didn't chip my tooth, but your fic was so intense I did fall out of my chair and embarassed myself greatly. Wow!! Oh my goodness. Seriously, I almost dropped Rodney after that fic...I want Ronon to pick me up too... I get the feeling Rodney would complain of possible back problems if I asked him to pick me up like Ronon just did to Jen-jen in the fic. KAWAII!!!

I will totally support an S5 if this is one of the storylines that JM will carry forth into the next seasons, since he said most of what they have now will continue on when and if they're given a season 5.
        I'm so glad you liked my little fic! It had been begging to be written for a couple of days so I gave in. Sorry about the "trip to the floor"! It was tons of steamy fun writing it as well! As for the picking her up thing- it seemed like a Ronon thing to do, so I went with it. And yeah... Rodney would definitely try to talk his way out of something like that!

Comment

Originally posted by sanssong View Post
          Wow.... WOW.... Just WOW! Holy freaking cow! I never ever expected to get so much confirmation for them. Dang! And for it to be pretty much like I envisioned them to be. I'm starting to scare myself with being right so much!
          Spoiler:

But I loved how she just came out and said that she loves the idea of Keller being with Ronon and how she likes that Ronon tips her off balance a bit. I'm sure she does the same to him and I REALLY hope we get to see that full force. Not sure I like what she said about surprising romances.... but hey, I'm gonna stick with what I know!

No problem im looking forward to these two although im a JT Shipper im loving this thread as i think these two could be an interesting couple to watch
          Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

im new to this whole thread and im liking the idea of Keller and Ronan and i think we have got proof here a new interview from her here at Gateworldhttp://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/0...ng_point.shtml
            Hah, I just read it guys. Woah!! Crazy stuff. So
            Spoiler:
            she confirmed it again. I'm starting to think that the writers ar all about ship now. That or they're goal at the seemingly fear of cancellation, creates a sort of resolution attempt by the writers for the basic relationship storylines. That I can see and respect. So this season gets more interesting by the minute. When I did read the interview I was a bit put off because she made mention of a common complaint of fandom. The idea that she'll be similar to her character in Serenity. Personally I see a difference, but with some anti's they'll just use this as a leverage against the character and actress. What a shame?! All in all this will be great. I know she says Ronon and her will share some time, but when she said surprise...I'm starting to think it might be "Zelenka". But meh...she talked more about Ronon and herself rather than herself with anyone else.

Good stuff, thanks for the update DB. We're laid back here...since I'm an all for one and one for all sort of shipper. I just like them a bunch with no solid evidence until now. I'm sure you'll have a blast. You know me, my only problem is really pointless posts, such as: "Thanks" or "That was great!!"; and rut like that. If that's all someone wants to say, you (generally speaking) can just do that by greening the person and making the same statement in the comment box. It's just bloody distracting and annoying to see in a thread. Which have been the predicament of many threads. I hate that crap...so I might be a bit anal about just that.
            Spoiler:

You were walking in my mind Suz. I highlighted the main point. I think she was given tips on how to handle the media either by the same people as RL or just RL. Give as much misleading information and confusion to keep them on their toes but don't say anything directly. Nutty actress' always leaving me in suspense. Much like RL, if she continues on this path I will not read her interviews.

You know how I have a problem using logic to deduce these statements. Takes me forever and then I have to look at spoilers all over the place to eventually make a logical conclusion. ~sigh~
            Click statement above to read article.

Comment

I come bearing gifts! Got some great Keller pics and decided to play! Here's the result. Enjoy! Under the cut for size. I do have bigger sizes for those who want it.
              Spoiler:

Comment

I just wanted to let you all know, that DG will be a great episode for you all.

sig made by me

Comment

I come bearing gifts! Got some great Keller pics and decided to play! Here's the result. Enjoy! Under the cut for size. I do have bigger sizes for those who want it.
                  Spoiler:
                  Awesome Sannsong.

Comment

I knew we'd win you over! This has been around since the new Keller character was announced. I had a hunch that they were going to pair this two, so VB started the thread. I'd love to see your fic when you're done. .

A little R/K love for everyone!

Wow you guys are fast or just extreme geniuses. I wanted to wait alittle to see how Keller interaction with all the members of the team before I thought about her with any of them. But reading some of things you guys have to say about Ronon that we already know, I could see how Ronon might see her as a possibly. I will wait alittle while before I become a full blown shipper of the two.

ps: oh and sanssong I do love your banner for them.
                    Last edited by SG_1108; 29 September 2007, 09:18 PM. Reason: forgot something
                    I reject your reality and substitute my own!
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Spoiler:
                      Great manip Sanssong
                      Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

I just watched Doppleganger and all I have to say is that I'm sold. These two have chemistry and well...they're adorable darn it!

I was a little wary about watching the ep. out of order, but what can ya do when you need an SGA fix, right?
                        Pro-Season 4
                        Proud Ronon/Keller Shipper

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
                          I just wanted to let you all know, that DG will be a great episode for you all.

Okay, you can't just make a statement like that and leave out all the juicy details! Dish!

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                            Awesome Sannsong.
                            Thanks sweeite, I'm glad you like it.

Comment

Originally posted by SG_1108 View Post
                              Wow you guys are fast or just extreme geniuses. I wanted to wait alittle to see how Keller interaction with all the members of the team before I thought about her with any of them. But reading some of things you guys have to say about Ronon that we already know, I could see how Ronon might see her as a possibly. I will wait alittle while before I become a full blown shipper of the two.

ps: oh and sanssong I do love your banner for them.
                              Thanks! It's easy when the subject matter is so darn pretty! I myself was a bit floored at the spoilers leaking for these two as they so closely followed my own line of thinking. It was very strange to say the least! Not that I'm not happy, but wow.... I thought right away that TPTB brought Keller on specifically for Ronon. She just "fits" the image of the woman they seem to view him with. Can't say that I disagree.

Comment

Great manip Sanssong
                                Tried to green you so I wouldn't have to spam the thread, but it wouldn't let me! So thanks, I'm glad you like it.

Comment

Working...
                                X