Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ronon Dex/Jennifer Keller Appreciation/Ship/Discussion (Doctor & Wild Man)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by writeangel View Post
    *groans* I remember those days.......and i dont miss them. You have my sympathy.
    Finally! I love the way you put that one together. It's lovely!
    sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
      Congratulations, Daisy, on your #1 child on the way! That's wonderful!

Now, here's my two cents worth on R/K shipping moments through Season 4:

Spoiler:
      Okay, the first inkling I had was in 'Doppelganger'. First of all, the scene where Shep brings Ronon to the infirmary for stitches. Although it was never said in so many words, we all agree that this was a faked accident, so Ronon would have a reason to see the doc. The way those two were grinning and shuffling their feet, and the way Shep excused himself so suddenly? It was such a setup. And then, when Ronon tried to find out if Keller liked Shep, and how happy he was when she didn't...

Then there's the scene when they discuss Alien. If you watch Ronon in the background, he's totally checking Keller out, watching her even when somebody else is talking.

Missing had some nice little touches. Like when Ronon finds Shep to remind him that Teyla is late with checking in? I don't think he was only worried about her... And then we all agreed that it is rather out of character for him in the end when he grabs Jennifer and leads her to safety rather than return fire.

Tabula Rasa had more interaction again for R/K. It's kinda cute how Ronon arranged it that Teyla would suggest that he go and see Dr. Keller about his immunity. And how happily he rushed off. Of course, the fact that Jennifer was handling a major crisis took the flirtyness out of those scenes where they were talking and she was touching him, but I think the chemistry was still there.
      I noticed those things too and was just wondering if it was wishful thinking on my part. It's hard to tell with Ronon if lust is simply taking over ones' thoughts.

*groans* I remember those days.......and i dont miss them. You have my sympathy.
      my sympathy as well. I love my broadband internet and will never go back to dialup (or DSL) again! I use the excuse that classwork loads slower, but the real reason is to watch videos!
      Last edited by Rac80; 22 January 2008, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
        Hi Welcome to the thread!! Hope you come back and visit often!!

Personally, I don't think that this pairing is any more rushed than the whole Rodney/Katie thing. (I don't ship Rodney and Katie so if I sound distainful, I can't help it.) We've only seen Katie in what 4 episodes and he's thinking of proposing to her?

I think it's a lot more believable that two people who are attracted to each other, would try to connect and start to act on it. Because Jenn is only a recurring character one of two things will happen: One, a lot of the relationship will take place off camera or two the writers will slow the relationship down some.

I don't think they can have two angst ridden relationships at the same time. We are already dealing with the Sheyla (or Sparky if you prefer). Why not have something sweet and young and full of potential?

But yeah, check out the fishing expidetion that was Ronon in the infirmary during Doppelganger. And then the meaningful looks later as they are in the mess hall.
        I've seen all eps, but seems they need to be rechecked.
        I knew there's gonna be a ship in S4. Actually I think a nice not-angst ship would be a good change.
        I mean... I can't remember any of them so far.

And I admit: They do look cute together.
        *Looks once, twice. There's no Keller-smile here? *
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
          my sympathy as well. I love my broadband internet and will never go back to dialup (or DSL) again! I use the excuse that classwork loads slower, but the real reason is to watch videos!
          OT
          Spoiler:

I live out in the boonies so I doubt I even have the option. But what is the difference between broadband and DSL?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post

And I admit: They do look cute together.
            Zuz has some Ronon/Jenn smilies over on her thread. Don't remember for sure where it is here. But they're cute!!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
              Here you go!

sigpic
              Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Well, It took me a million attempts but I finally completed a half decent vid to the song - 'Something to Talk About'. It was just soooo hard to edit too - in my opinion it came out pretty crappy but rest assured I will try to do better on my next vid.

Linkage:http://youtube.com/watch?v=oPJNqbvxCKA

Once more I forgot to add thanks to those who upload the screencaps - I will try to remember next time and thanks again!"
                Half decent? CRAPPY?? Writeangel, this is WAY better than I ever expected. Christ, woman, you've basically translated every word of that song into the appropriate scene. Its BRILLIANT and you are a GENIUS.

sigpic
                Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                  OT
                  Spoiler:

I live out in the boonies so I doubt I even have the option. But what is the difference between broadband and DSL?
                  Spoiler:
                  Firstly SPEED is the biggest difference. But the real difference is that DSL stands for Digital Subscriber Line and works over the telephone lines. it is faster than dial-up. broadband cable (which I am lucky enough to have) is the fastest , but broadband can also go over DSL lines. The biggest difference is truly how fast it moves. My broadband can dl stuff in literally tenths of a second!

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
                    Here you go!

ok how how/where do I save the smilie?????????

Comment

Hey guys,

So thanks to many of you, I'm ADDICTED to fanfic now. I think I read most of the stuff posted here (which was also fantastic). I found a REALLY super good/long one (and it's 5 chapters so far) last night. It's rated PG and is really slowly developing the relationship.

Here's the thing... I don't think anyone from GateWorld wrote it, so is it OK to post the link to it? It's specifically about Ronon and Keller. Let me know and then I will.

Comment

Originally posted by daisy1979 View Post
                        Hey guys,

So thanks to many of you, I'm ADDICTED to fanfic now. I think I read most of the stuff posted here (which was also fantastic). I found a REALLY super good/long one (and it's 5 chapters so far) last night. It's rated PG and is really slowly developing the relationship.

Here's the thing... I don't think anyone from GateWorld wrote it, so is it OK to post the link to it? It's specifically about Ronon and Keller. Let me know and then I will.
                        i vote you post the link. good fanfic is always good.

Comment

Post the link Daisy! I can always do with some Ronon/Jenn goodness!
                          sigpic

Comment

It's SO GOOD! The writer hasn't posted in a few days, but chapter 6 is coming.

http://nytel.livejournal.com/tag/learning+curve

Start from the bottom and then work your way to the top!

Comment

Yep! Nytel is awesome with that fic!!
                              sigpic

Comment

I figured some of you have already read it. I just reread it again and it just gets better. For me, I won't be crushed as much if they stop the relationship on SGA because at least there's folks out there writing scenarios that appease the interest... but hope they do!

Comment

Working...
                                X