No announcement yet.

Joe Flanigan/John Sheppard Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which original? There have been 11 or so reincarnations already. According to legend he'd go through 12 but I expect the show's too popular to end now. I loved Eccleston as the first of the new batch though.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
      Which original? There have been 11 or so reincarnations already. According to legend he'd go through 12 but I expect the show's too popular to end now. I loved Eccleston as the first of the new batch though.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...w_bbc5b56e.jpg
      I mean the show from the 1960ths (?), anyway, something really old, maybe only black/white (hard to tell because my sister's TV was a black/white one, don't know if Dr. Who was in color). That was back in my childhood-days, somewhere in the 1970ths, so don't ask me about any details. I only know that I liked the show.
      Yes, Eccleston was also a good doctor. It was a shame that he left after only one season. But I think Tennant was a ... phew ... maybe a bit better Doctor, more active, more physical, a bit more crazy. (here I have to say, I am further weak about the "new" Doctor, he's a bit too ... dark (?) for me)

Too dark? I'll bring the light!

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
      Sig & Avi by Josi
      sigpic
      LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
      I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Haven't seen Tennant and Smith yet. Dark as in evil/ambiguous or in looks?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
          Haven't seen Tennant and Smith yet. Dark as in evil/ambiguous or in looks?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...w_6jssh109.jpg
          For me (!!!) the whole show is darker now after Tennant left and Smith (thanks for the name) is the next Doctor. I'm not able to put my finger exactly on my problem. Smith acting is good but Tennants was more ... it was more fun to watch Dr. Who, and the real color of the episode's theme came AFTER watching and enjoying the ep. Now I'm thinking all over the ep about what is going on and lose in this way a lot of fun.

Jesus, she's talking about fun again. Hello, I'm VegasShep and I don't have lots of fun!
          Yeah, I know my dear *pets VegasSheps hair*. But it's so much fun to watch you.

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
          Sig & Avi by Josi
          sigpic
          LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
          I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
            For me (!!!) the whole show is darker now after Tennant left and Smith (thanks for the name) is the next Doctor. I'm not able to put my finger exactly on my problem. Smith acting is good but Tennants was more ... it was more fun to watch Dr. Who, and the real color of the episode's theme came AFTER watching and enjoying the ep. Now I'm thinking all over the ep about what is going on and lose in this way a lot of fun.
            To me, he's colder - Smith that is. I mean I've only seen the 5th season (I watch on Netflix) but he seems more calculating, more goofily scientific than Tennant. Echlestein had charm (sort of), Tennant had a geeky, lonely,enigmatic charm, and (to me) Smith has a goofyness ("Bowties are cool!") but underneath that goofyness is a genius scientist that BARELY allows anyone in.

sigpic
            Coming January 2017

Comment

Hey thunkers!! Worked this morning, but now my afternoon is free!
              How is everyone?

Comment

Hi, Thunkers!

Home now. Another ridiculously hot day, feels like 101'. So glad I don't have to work outside.
                John Sheppard - thunkable, whumpable but absolutely NOT shippable - he's mine and I'm keeping him.

sigpic
                sig and avi by mrscopterdoc for Secret Santa 2015
                Recommended Sheppard/Team Sheppard Fics

Comment

Hey Taris!! Sorry about the heat.

Comment

Hi Grace and taris. Ech, hot is never fun. it's 96 here and supposed to rain. When it's fully sunny it's about 100-105.. We don't have refrigerated air either so when it gets that hot, it's uncomfortable.

sigpic
                    Coming January 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Grace View Post
                      Hey Taris!! Sorry about the heat.
                      At least it's not time to mow the lawn yet, I can still see over the grass. Looks like a cool front coming in for the weekend with the high of 90'.
                      John Sheppard - thunkable, whumpable but absolutely NOT shippable - he's mine and I'm keeping him.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by m&mnm317 View Post
                        Hi Grace and taris. Ech, hot is never fun. it's 96 here and supposed to rain. When it's fully sunny it's about 100-105.. We don't have refrigerated air either so when it gets that hot, it's uncomfortable.
                        No A/C? It would probably kill me.

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by taris-eirien View Post
                                No A/C? It would probably kill me.
                                Yeah it's an evaporated cooler. They're quite popular down here in the desert/Albuquerque because there's very rarely humidity. Unfortunately when there is, it's in the middle of summer because that's when we usually get our rain so it's kind of an idiotic system.

sigpic
                                Coming January 2017

Comment

Working...
                                X