Clear All

G'night Grace! sweet dreams!

sigpic
    Coming January 2017

Comment

Originally posted by m&mnm317 View Post
      :waves: Hi angsty!
      Hey m! *waves*

Morning maneth! (Well, I guess in another hour it'll technically be morning here, but I'm gonna head off to bed soon *g*)
      sigpic

Comment

Divorce isn't an option. We've tried compromising but until Rob can get a job in a different state, we're stuck. Plus, I'm sure he'll take into account where his mommy wants to live since he wouldn't dare dream of moving without her..

:clears throat: okay, moving on!
        I hope you didn't take my ironic suggestion of divorce seriously?! But isn't it about time he left his mother's skirts? I hope you get along with your MIL... I'm lucky, I love mine.

sigpic

Comment

AFAIK??

Morning maneth!
          Morning. AFAIK = as far as I know he was a student at the Sorbonne in Paris for a while, and I don't think they do English-language classes!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
            I hope you didn't take my ironic suggestion of divorce seriously?! But isn't it about time he left his mother's skirts? I hope you get along with your MIL... I'm lucky, I love mine.
            No, I don't get along with her at all. I shut down when she's around so I don't say or do anything mean. Over the past year, she's been living with us more than she hasn't and for the most part, it's been cost free for her. She has her own: taxi service, cook, laundry service and maid with no cost to herself. Nice huh?! Wanna guess who does most of that.. Me!

:shrugs: It doesn't matter though. Slowly I'm beginning to understand that she will always matter more to him than me; it was just a hard pill to swallow at first.

Believe me, I think I would just leave if it wasn't for the fact that we have kids. If it was just him and I, yeah, I'd be gone to Des Moines already. :gives another non-committal shrug: Maybe I just need to find some anti-depressants that actually work.

sigpic
            Coming January 2017

Comment

Morning. AFAIK = as far as I know he was a student at the Sorbonne in Paris for a while, and I don't think they do English-language classes!

I didn't know that! Cool!

sigpic
              Coming January 2017

Comment

No, I don't get along with her at all. I shut down when she's around so I don't say or do anything mean. Over the past year, she's been living with us more than she hasn't and for the most part, it's been cost free for her. She has her own: taxi service, cook, laundry service and maid with no cost to herself. Nice huh?! Wanna guess who does most of that.. Me!

:shrugs: It doesn't matter though. Slowly I'm beginning to understand that she will always matter more to him than me; it was just a hard pill to swallow at first.

Believe me, I think I would just leave if it wasn't for the fact that we have kids. If it was just him and I, yeah, I'd be gone to Des Moines already. :gives another non-committal shrug: Maybe I just need to find some anti-depressants that actually work.
                Oh god... I'm sorry. But I'm certain I'd never stay in a bad marriage for the kids. They suffer more from seeing you shut down, besides learning an unhealthy, passive-aggressive way of dealing with conflict, than they would from the divorce. Staying married for the kids is stupid. Just IMO. I don't believe in getting divorced for spurious reasons, but yours wouldn't be spurious. A man who loves his mother more than the mother of his children deserves to be alone with his mother. I hope she's at least treating her grandkids right, not badmouthing you in front of them for example?

No antidepressants will help you unless you deal with the situation that's getting you down. Of course, you can always hope and pray your MIL drops dead tomorrow, that'd solve it without a divorce.
                sigpic

Comment

Oh god... I'm sorry. But I'm certain I'd never stay in a bad marriage for the kids. They suffer more from seeing you shut down, besides learning an unhealthy, passive-aggressive way of dealing with conflict, than they would from the divorce. Staying married for the kids is stupid. Just IMO. I don't believe in getting divorced for spurious reasons, but yours wouldn't be spurious. A man who loves his mother more than the mother of his children deserves to be alone with his mother. I hope she's at least treating her grandkids right, not badmouthing you in front of them for example?

No antidepressants will help you unless you deal with the situation that's getting you down. Of course, you can always hope and pray your MIL drops dead tomorrow, that'd solve it without a divorce.
                  She's handicapped so she can't even carry her kids unless it's on her poor excuse for a lap while wheeling herself around in her wheelchair bc she's too lazy to get out of it. You know, I can rant all night so I better stop now.. Believe it or not, I've debated poisoning her but that would be murder then I'd end up in jail.. It would suck.. And probably not worth it.

sigpic
                  Coming January 2017

Comment

Yeah, and I bet she uses her handicap as an excuse for all sorts of trouble she's causing you. But yeah, I don't envy you or your husband, who presumably loves both you and his mother.

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Wow!The thread exploded while I was sleeping...

Good morning!
                          sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Hi there!

sigpic

Comment

Hi maneth!

sigpic

Comment

Working...