Joe Flanigan/John Sheppard Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The PDAs are HP.

Computer dealer here, so I notice all this stuff.
    "Nobody Screws Stargate Like Seven"

Wanna see a signed script cover? http://www.geocities.com/darkwarden/Stargate/index.htm

Technology solving problems.
    http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/

Comment

Originally posted by smallgirl
      Okay my bad!

Clearly the site I checked for Sean Maher's had got his D.O.B very wrong. Nearly 30 does sound far more reasonable. In fact 1975 is my birth year too, so that's perfect. Thank U Melyanna for the pic of bare chested Sean you posted to emphasise your astonishment at the idea of him being late 30's. Kind of makes the mistake I made seem fortunate.

Now to get back to the the real topic of conversation. I hadn't really noticed the wrist band business but what I did notice after watching 'The Defiant One' for about the fifth time, was that Sheppard didn't appear to be wearing any socks. At one point in the ep he is lying face down in the dirt and you can see his legs behind him and the ankle going into his shoe is bare. It's quite sad what tiny little details jump out of the screen when you watch an ep a lot of times. Don't know if there's any hidden meaning behind non sock wearing behaviour, personally with all the sand and dirt around on that planet I would have thought it would have made his feet uncomfortable to have no socks on.

Esther
      i noticted that too! but i wasn't sure if he was just not wearing any socks or if he was wearing ankle socks, which sometimes looks likes he's not wearing socks...will we ever know?
      ~Athena

Comment

as for his blue and white pin striped boxers...i was making caps for "Home" the other day...and I think I noticed those same boxers making a tiny appearance under his jacket...you guys be the judge.

And I have no comment or excuse to why I was looking down there...
        ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
          Oh, really? Maybe that's some stealth promo work going on there. Like the Dell laptops and whatever brand PDAs they use. He's wearing the Puma wristbands inside out.

You don't happen to have that pic anywhere, do you?

edit-> Oh wait, I found a photo here with the Puma wristband. Maybe that IS a Joe thing. That's actually cool if it is.

I just found that pic too but I can't figure out how to copy a pic here!
          sigpic
          Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

Comment

It looks like they are there, but the pattern looks different, it looks like blue/black diamonds on white base. Now we just need a better pic, boxers ONLY.

Wanna see a signed script cover? http://www.geocities.com/darkwarden/Stargate/index.htm

Comment

The jeans are a nice touch though.

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
                as for his blue and white pin striped boxers...i was making caps for "Home" the other day...and I think I noticed those same boxers making a tiny appearance under his jacket...you guys be the judge.

And I have no comment or excuse to why I was looking down there...
                Looks like them peeking out to me. And I know EXACTLY why I was looking down there. Nice package!

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin7
                  Nice package!
                  ROTFLMAO!! yes i agree!
                  ~Athena

Comment

Now, the question is, did anyone on set notice, or did the girls notice and just decide to let that one slide?
                    Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                    Last update: 14 April 2006
                    Melyanna's Multimedia
                    Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin7
                      Looks like them peeking out to me. And I know EXACTLY why I was looking down there. Nice package!

THe whole package!!! Notice those sexy fingers too!!!

BTW, I got the latest issue of Dreamwatch - there's an awesome pic of Sheppard in his black shirt showing great pecs!!! Wish I could scan it for you all!!
                      sigpic
                      Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Salty
                        THe whole package!!! Notice those sexy fingers too!!!

BTW, I got the latest issue of Dreamwatch - there's an awesome pic of Sheppard in his black shirt showing great pecs!!! Wish I could scan it for you all!!

Waah. Salty you have a EMAIL. <edited to say EMAIL not PM> I suck

Oh..and yes..noticed the fingers. I lurve his fingers. <WEG>

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                          Now, the question is, did anyone on set notice, or did the girls notice and just decide to let that one slide?
                          Well after I saw that little Peek-a-boo boxer, I kept watching to see how long they were sticking out, and noticed in the next shot he pulled his shirt down...so someone noticed, but i wonder who...
                          ~Athena

Comment

Actually, that pic from Home reminded me about something I thought about the first time I saw the episode. I was surprised at the outfit he was wearing. He had on that jacket zipped up all the way and his shirt was sticking out the bottom of his jacket. He looked kind of geeky, actually. Now, since everyone was imagining themselves in their heads, I would assume everyone would imagine the clothes they were most comfortable in. I thought the clothes he was wearing gave us an insight into how "geeky" Sheppard may really be. We know he's a math whiz and I just read about something happening in an upcoming episode:

Spoiler:
                            Apparently, in Brotherhood, Sheppard tells McKay he took the Mensa test and passed. And Sheppard figures out a puzzle.

I was kinda thinking he would wear a leather or suede jacket, for some reason. But that's a jogging suit jacket, isn't it? Maybe they were going for the jock look?

My kind of guy:
                            "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                            Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                            (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

I think they were going for the geeky look...cuz i don't know how fashion coincides with geekiness, but to be honest I dont' know many leather or suede wearing guys who read "War and Peace" and are math geeks.

Then again its just the jacket that looks geeky...the rest of the outfit look just fine
                              ~Athena

Comment

The belt hanging down from under the shirt was a nice touch too.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X