Joe Flanigan/John Sheppard Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
    Shep: Hurry up Rodney. . we're almost to Nessva's house and we need to get that hard drive fixed TODAY!

Rodney: Ya know Major. . I normally don't do these kinds of repairs for OTHER thunkers. You owe me big time for this one!

Nice caps FP...and cool captions as well!

Nessva certainly needs an expert atm...stupid laptop...

Hope she gets that sorted soon! Part of the family is missing...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
    "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Yay, Rodney can help me fix it!!

I wasn't going to create a restore point, I was going to go back to an old one - I just haven't checked when the last one was yet. So I'm hoping that if I restore to a recent point it'll clear the virus. I can't really reinstall my OS, becuase although it's all legal, the cd that I got Office off of happens to be in Australia with my sister. *cries* It's impossible!!

Everything I've read about this one says it's one of the worst you can get - but I did read somewhere that going back to an old system restore point did work for someone else, so here's hoping (or begging).

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin7
        Joe's commentary is GREAT! he was great and funny and it was really informative about RISING. Telling lots of cool things. He praised his co stars and Brad and Robert and Martin Wood. He was very self depracating when he got praise. Very honest.

He said he did do the slide down the hill and thought maybe they'd like it and Brad loved it.
        Ha ha! Great! That was a funny moment......and Joe thought of it himself! I wonder what other funny bits he's thought up for Shep?!!

They did let slip that in season 2 we will learn about Shep's past in Afghanistan. At one point he was talking about DH/ROdney and goofed. He said DAVID McKAY! Twice. LOL
        Martin didn't catch him on it either.

It's just really cool. They should have Joe and the directors for each ep do the commentary and throw DH into the mix.
        Can't wait to see what happens with the Afghanistan thing.........and.......ahhh.....the DAVID McKAY goof.........that makes me just want to give Joe a big hug! He's so cute!!

Thanks for that info Merlin! I'm gonna have to order that soon methinks!

Comment

Originally posted by Nessva

I wasn't going to create a restore point, I was going to go back to an old one - I just haven't checked when the last one was yet. So I'm hoping that if I restore to a recent point it'll clear the virus. I can't really reinstall my OS, becuase although it's all legal, the cd that I got Office off of happens to be in Australia with my sister. *cries* It's impossible!!

Everything I've read about this one says it's one of the worst you can get - but I did read somewhere that going back to an old system restore point did work for someone else, so here's hoping (or begging).
          Ness.....hope you get your 'puter fixed soon! What a pain!!

Actually, everything you've said above could've been written in Ancient as far as I'm concerned! Don't understand!

When my laptop blows up, I take it to a friend and just say "Fix it"! I can't even explain what the problem is! Useless me!!

Comment

course wonderful sheppy piccys as always
            sigpic

Comment

Darn it! So Martin Gero isn't going to answer our questions any more.

That means I'm not gonna know whether I'll see Shep swimming, surfing or in a wet-suit........that means I'll be totally unprepared if it does happen.....and that means I could collapse from shock or something...... and have to be taken to hospital......and then I may have to sue TPTB!!!

Ha! Wouldn't like that would they?!!

See......even my beloved Shep is concerned for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Nessva

I'm not going to debate this one...

It won't work, because any restore point you have on your PC will also carry the infection, which is why the first thing you are told in any virus removal instructions is to turn off System Restore, so it deletes all the old restore points. (You can actually do this without turning it off...restore points are all the folders in the Windows directory highlighted by blue writing) Basically, unless you are cast iron certain as to when the virus got into your PC, all you will do is keep overwriting it onto itself...SR is not intelligent enough to know not to create a back up of a virus.

And most a written so that they infiltrate all current SR points anyway...

Since I've asked you twice and you haven't been forthcoming with the name of the virus, there isn't any further help I can give you...sorry...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Originally posted by Elinor
                  Darn it! So Martin Gero isn't going to answer our questions any more.

That means I'm not gonna know whether I'll see Shep swimming, surfing or in a wet-suit........that means I'll be totally unprepared if it does happen.....and that means I could collapse from shock or something...... and have to be taken to hospital......and then I may have to sue TPTB!!!

Ha! Wouldn't like that would they?!!

See......even my beloved Shep is concerned for me!

LOL @ U Eli...

It is a shame that Martin has decided not to answer any more questions, but he has said that he's not leaving the boards...he'll be around to infuse the occasional spoiler...

I really did want to know the answer to that wetsuit question though...

*Taps desk impatiently at thought of 3-5 day wait for Rising DVD*

Comment

Found out our rental place has the Rising DVD so I'll be getting that soon, yaaaaay! (waiting for boxed set to buy)

OT- is anyone else having trouble connecting to MSN? I haven't been able to connect all day

Comment

Originally posted by Merentha
                      Found out our rental place has the Rising DVD so I'll be getting that soon, yaaaaay! (waiting for boxed set to buy)

OT- is anyone else having trouble connecting to MSN? I haven't been able to connect all day
                      Nope...I'm currently connected...

*Kicks MSN*

Comment

Originally posted by knocknashee
                        LOL @ U Eli...

It is a shame that Martin has decided not to answer any more questions, but he has said that he's not leaving the boards...he'll be around to infuse the occasional spoiler...

I really did want to know the answer to that wetsuit question though...

*Taps desk impatiently at thought of 3-5 day wait for Rising DVD*
                        Yep......I love a good spoiler........until I actually get to watch the episode and then I think..... that would have been MUCH more fun if I didn't know that was going to happen!!

Comment

Originally posted by Elinor
                          Yep......I love a good spoiler........until I actually get to watch the episode and then I think..... that would have been MUCH more fun if I didn't know that was going to happen!!

I don't mind spoilers, since you never know exactly how the scenes are going to go from them...but I think my collegues at work are getting a little pissed off with me going on about what's going to happen...

Comment

that man looks so lickable
                            sigpic

Comment

Isn't he just cute in this one..?

Comment

Originally posted by knocknashee
                                Isn't he just cute in this one..?

Ah yes! The wonderful popsicle scene! I think Joe had a little crush on the actress who played Chaya you know!!

Comment

Working...
                                X