Joe Flanigan/John Sheppard Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Salty
    I think he was only in 4 episodes and he played the therapist of Jamie Luner's character's brother. Does that make sense? Jamie Luner and he end up sleeping together and in a relationship. That's all I know - I've seen one ep and I have others on tape thanks to a kind soul who sent them to me but I haven't had a chance to watch yet.

That's PROFILER you're talking about. Which he was on four eps.

PRETENDER is a different show. That I don't remember him being on either. Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin7

PRETENDER is a different show. That I don't remember him being on either. Hmmmmmmmmmmm
      I guess I'm gonna have to start digging for some "pretender" episodes...its kinda hard when they don't even know is character name...unless he listed as "?" in the credits.
      ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin7

PRETENDER is a different show. That I don't remember him being on either.
        I stopped watching Profiler after Ally Walker left so I missed Joe on that show. I see he guested on shows I don't normally watch, so I that's why I'm not familiar with his other work. I used to watch Pretender but I don't remember him. But I can barely remember the show itself, and I liked it.

I wonder if imdb is correct about The Pretender. According to the tvtome guest star list, Joe wasn't on the show. I wonder if actors have to have lines to be listed and he was just someone you saw in the background. Maybe somebody else mixed up Profiler and Pretender!

The first season of The Pretender is scheduled for dvd release in March 2005, so if we can figure out if he was actually on the show, that would be nice.

edit-> Good heavens, season 4 dvds of Profiler is $72 US on amazon.
        Last edited by watcher652; 10 January 2005, 06:01 PM.

My kind of guy:
        "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
        Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
        (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

In imdb they didn't even have him listed as a guest star he was listed as part of the credited cast which is weird since he only has '?' by his name.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
          Spoiler:

Comment

Not late 30's. I checked his details at IMDB, his birthday is listed as the 16th of April 1975. He's 30 this year.
            Okay my bad!

Clearly the site I checked for Sean Maher's had got his D.O.B very wrong. Nearly 30 does sound far more reasonable. In fact 1975 is my birth year too, so that's perfect. Thank U Melyanna for the pic of bare chested Sean you posted to emphasise your astonishment at the idea of him being late 30's. Kind of makes the mistake I made seem fortunate.

Now to get back to the the real topic of conversation. I hadn't really noticed the wrist band business but what I did notice after watching 'The Defiant One' for about the fifth time, was that Sheppard didn't appear to be wearing any socks. At one point in the ep he is lying face down in the dirt and you can see his legs behind him and the ankle going into his shoe is bare. It's quite sad what tiny little details jump out of the screen when you watch an ep a lot of times. Don't know if there's any hidden meaning behind non sock wearing behaviour, personally with all the sand and dirt around on that planet I would have thought it would have made his feet uncomfortable to have no socks on.

Esther
            ~ Esther~ My Live Journal
            FBI - Body Preservation Division

Comment

No socks, eh? Maybe Atlantis is running low on detergent.

SO. .we know Sheppard doesn't wear socks, likes one black wrist band, doesn't comb his hair, and wears boxers (ala the infamous screen cap from - hmm was it "The Storm" or "The Eye"??)

What else do we need to know?? *snicker*

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                No socks, eh? Maybe Atlantis is running low on detergent.

SO. .we know Sheppard doesn't wear socks, likes one black wrist band, doesn't comb his hair, and wears boxers (ala the infamous screen cap from - hmm was it "The Storm" or "The Eye"??)

What else do we need to know?? *snicker*
                Boxers? I managed to miss that somehow. There's a screen cap of Sheppard in boxers? Please tell me someone can dig that one out again. Cos that's something I gotta see.

I love the fact that he doesn't comb his hair much or at least that it's soo unruly, a comb doesn't have much effect. It got incredibly tufty on top because of all the rolling around in the dirt in 'The Defiant One'. He kept popping his head up from behind rocks in that ep and all you'd get was a shot of a tuft of hair to start with, it was very cute. I fully support all scenes that require Sheppard to roll around in the dirt a lot. Looking grubby really suits him. He mentioned to McKay at the end that his ribs had been hurt as well as getting shot in the arm and I was hoping for a scene where he got them bandaged up before flying back in the jumper. I was hoping McKay might volunteer

Esther
                ~ Esther~ My Live Journal
                FBI - Body Preservation Division

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
                  I know Sheppard was a Boxer boy!!

Anyways takes to Darkwarden, who cap these for me, while i was too busy staring at Sheppards nice posterior.

[CENTER]

Ahh. . found it! Many thanks again to Athena and darkwarden!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                    Ahh. . found it! Many thanks again to Athena and darkwarden!
                    That man is just Lovely from every and all angles.

Comment

Originally posted by smallgirl
                      I hadn't really noticed the wrist band business but what I did notice after watching 'The Defiant One' for about the fifth time, was that Sheppard didn't appear to be wearing any socks. At one point in the ep he is lying face down in the dirt and you can see his legs behind him and the ankle going into his shoe is bare.
                      Yes, I noticed the no sock business too, a while back in fact. After I noticed the wrist band thing. It's got me looking at his ankles and right wrist all the time now. After the hair. And the goofy little grin.

In 'Hot Zone' he has with scene with Teyla (not gonna spoil it for ya) that shows he's not wearing socks again. But he does have his wrist band back. In fact, it looks like he has two of them on, but it kinda makes sense for him to have wrist bands in 'Hot Zone' (again, not gonna spoil it for ya).

I wonder if that's a Joe thing or a Sheppard thing? It's gotta be a Sheppard thing, I can't imagine Joe would have said, "hey, let's have Sheppard be sockless and wear wrist bands."

Someday we'll hear the back story, I hope!

And thanks for the boxer update. That shot's from The Storm, where Sheppard is taking off the Genii comm device from the guy's wrist. Wow, people really have their eyes peeled. Must have been looking for a butt shot and came up with this bonus. I wish I had HDTV or a wide screen. Looks like the boxers are blue, goes with the uniform.

My kind of guy:
                      "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                      Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

They are blue and white pin stripe coloured.

I missed the whole socks thing, but he could be wearing those short socks, you know, the ones that barely get to the ankles and he could have a pair on thats too small that he borrowed from Ford or something....
                        "Nobody Screws Stargate Like Seven"

Wanna see a signed script cover? http://www.geocities.com/darkwarden/Stargate/index.htm

Technology solving problems.
                        http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/

Comment

Originally posted by darkwarden
                          They are blue and white pin stripe coloured.
                          Are they regulation?

Originally posted by darkwarden
                          I missed the whole socks thing, but he could be wearing those short socks, you know, the ones that barely get to the ankles and he could have a pair on thats too small that he borrowed from Ford or something....
                          Oh, that's true, I guess. But maybe he's going for that whole California surfer dude image.

You'd think Sheppard would wear regular socks. On the missions, at least. Who knows what kind of alien sand fleas would end up nipping at his ankles on some strange planet?

My kind of guy:

Comment

I hope they're regulation, but it would take that 'special' element away from Shep.

If he's going tor the Californian surfer dude image, he'd better be wearing a wet suit soon.
                            "Nobody Screws Stargate Like Seven"

Wanna see a signed script cover? http://www.geocities.com/darkwarden/Stargate/index.htm

Technology solving problems.
                            http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
                              I wonder if that's a Joe thing or a Sheppard thing? It's gotta be a Sheppard thing, I can't imagine Joe would have said, "hey, let's have Sheppard be sockless and wear wrist bands."

Actually I saw a pic from a convention showing Joe wearing the black wrist band. It had the PUMA logo on it.

And smallgirl, please pay attention to spoiler warnings Some of us stateside people haven't had the pleasure of seeing anything beyond The Storm. I've been so good thus far I don't want to be any more spoiled please! So close, only 17 days 'til The Defiant One!
                              sigpic
                              Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Salty
                                Actually I saw a pic from a convention showing Joe wearing the black wrist band. It had the PUMA logo on it.
                                Oh, really? Maybe that's some stealth promo work going on there. Like the Dell laptops and whatever brand PDAs they use. He's wearing the Puma wristbands inside out.

You don't happen to have that pic anywhere, do you?

edit-> Oh wait, I found a photo here with the Puma wristband. Maybe that IS a Joe thing. That's actually cool if it is.
                                Last edited by watcher652; 11 January 2005, 04:54 PM.

My kind of guy:

Comment

Working...
                                X