Joe Flanigan/John Sheppard Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Liv

Hmmm. I look at this photo and I get the impression he is hospitalized due to excessive hickies from y'all.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by blingaway
      He looks good in action mode...

Totally HOT!

He said in Stargate 2 mag that other than flying 30 feet through the air scenes, he does his own stunts. SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Comment

Oh, people... I am suffering from JF Overload *NOT*
        The camera loves that guy.
        What a gorgeous man... haven't seen a pic of him yet that he doesn't look good in... oh well, it could just be bias.

Keep 'em coming... I love the action mode too.
        sigpic
        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
          Oh, people... I am suffering from JF Overload *NOT*
          The camera loves that guy.
          What a gorgeous man... haven't seen a pic of him yet that he doesn't look good in... oh well, it could just be bias.

Keep 'em coming... I love the action mode too.

Nope...I really don't think it's bias. Even in goofy faced pics he looks good. And as further proof we're not biased...I have a friend who doesn't watch the show...she hates Sci fi. <Silly girl>
          Anyhoo...I sent her some Joe pics and she asked for more. She's even thinking of watching SGA just to drool over him. And she usually drools over the heavily muscled, blond types. She thinks Joe is like the most beautiful man ever. And I agree! LOL

Comment

THUNK!

please pradon my typos...it is veyr hard to tpye from the floor.
            ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin7
              Nope...I really don't think it's bias. Even in goofy faced pics he looks good. And as further proof we're not biased...I have a friend who doesn't watch the show...she hates Sci fi. <Silly girl>
              Not like sci-fi?! But the best looking types are in sci-fi! *Having a shallow moment here*

Anyhoo...I sent her some Joe pics and she asked for more. She's even thinking of watching SGA just to drool over him. And she usually drools over the heavily muscled, blond types. She thinks Joe is like the most beautiful man ever. And I agree! LOL
              Score one for Atlantis! I'm not surprised MGM snapped him up straightaway... he and Chris Pine from Princess Diaries 2 must be the two most beautiful men on the planet.
              sigpic
              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

THUD!!! Thanks for all the pics!!! Just 3 short weeks to go to The Eye!!! I've been sooooo good at avoiding spoilers - I should be rewarded with a visit by Joe!!!
                sigpic
                Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

Comment

So there was an interview with our boy in the latest issue of the SG mag. Some quotes courtesy of a friend of mine:

"You know, if I'm flying through the air at 30 feet and landing on my back then I politely defer to someone else's body."

You've mentioned that playing Sheppard so far has been an upward curve. Is he someone you can see playing for a long period of time?

"Definitely. There are characters I have played where I've dreaded the idea of a long run. This is a character that I think would get continually more interesting, so I look forward to hopefully doing this role for a long time, and seeing where he ends up in five years' time. It would be fantastic if we could explore that."

Then there's this, which really excited me:

Stargate: Atlantis star Joe Flanigan (Major John Sheppard) is set to turn his talents to a different area of television production by penning a script for the hit show's second season.

Speaking exclusively to Stargate SG-1 The Official Magazine, the actor revealed that the enjoyment he has gained from playing the headstrong military man throughout the 20 episodes of Stargate: Atlantis' first season encouraged him to pitch his story idea to the show's executive producers, Brad Wright and Robert C. Cooper.

"They like it. Either that or they're just telling me they like it," he laughed. "That could be the case!"

Although Flanigan is interested in exploring Sheppard's backstory, this won't be the focal point of his episode. Rather, the story will examine the inner workings of the City of Atlantis, a subject Flanigan has previously expressed interest in exploring.

"This particular episode I'm talking about would not be backstory," the actor explained, "It will have a lot to do with the fact that in order to return Atlantis to its full glory and keep a wormhole open back to Earth, they need these ZPMs'. It has a lot to do with what will allow us to find these ZPMs in the Pegasus Galaxy."

Rather than trying to fit his new enterprise around shooting, Flanigan reports that he'll be writing his episode during Stargate: Atlantis' winter hiatus.

"It would be impossible to try and write it during shooting. I don't have time to do anything, let alone write. So I'd do it during the off-season, and we'll see how that works."

There we have it! Joe Flanigan, author extraordinaire. Could this man be any more attractive?
                  Last edited by Melyanna; 30 December 2004, 08:16 PM. Reason: Grr, random asterisks, I say grr!
                  Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                  Last update: 14 April 2006
                  Melyanna's Multimedia
                  Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                    There we have it! Joe Flanigan, author extraordinaire. Could this man be any more attractive?
                    Apparently so...

Not just a pretty face... *sigh*
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm so excited! I can't wait to see the ep. that Joe would be writing. It would be nice to have a better glimpse into Sheppard's backstory,while they keep exploring for more ZPMs.
                      ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
                        I'm so excited! I can't wait to see the ep. that Joe would be writing. It would be nice to have a better glimpse into Sheppard's backstory,while they keep exploring for more ZPMs.
                        Me too... more importantly, it shows how committed Joe is to the show.
                        sigpic

Comment

So there was an interview with our boy in the latest issue of the SG mag. Some quotes courtesy of a friend of mine:

So here I subscribe to SG Magazine - the price was as good as getting it at Barnes & Noble with hubby's discount - and it hits the stores before it's in my mailbox! I'm still waiting for it!!
                          sigpic
                          Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

Comment

Stargate: Atlantis star Joe Flanigan (Major John Sheppard) is set to turn his talents to a different area of television production by penning a script for the hit show's second season.

Speaking exclusively to Stargate SG-1 The Official Magazine, the actor revealed that the enjoyment he has gained from playing the headstrong military man throughout the 20 episodes of Stargate: Atlantis' first season encouraged him to pitch his story idea to the show's executive producers, Brad Wright and Robert C. Cooper.

"They like it. Either that or they're just telling me they like it," he laughed. "That could be the case!"
                            Well, this is exciting news! I was expecting Joe to write an episode someday, after all he was a writer before he turned to acting. But I didn't expect he would get the chance so soon. That's great! As a convert to the scifi world, I bet he'll have a great story to tell.

My kind of guy:
                            "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                            Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                            (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

/.../

Rather than trying to fit his new enterprise around shooting, Flanigan reports that he'll be writing his episode during Stargate: Atlantis' winter hiatus.

"It would be impossible to try and write it during shooting. I don't have time to do anything, let alone write. So I'd do it during the off-season, and we'll see how that works."
                              I am so happy and excited about these news! I think he will do an absolutely remarkable job.

And even though he's making jokes about them humoring him, I think it's very telling that they're having him write an actual script for the show this early on. It's one thing to pitch an idea, and quite another to do the actual scriptwriting. It's a great indicator of the confidence they have in his writing abilities.

I sincerely hope that he will also get a chance to write a script, further ahead, that will allow him to delve into the backstory of Sheppard. He seems to have a very clear picture of what his character is all about, so if he were to actually write about Sheppard's past, I'd be over the moon.

This, (if possible ) just increases my appreciation for JF. I adore the fact that Sheppard reads; and I also adore the fact that Flanigan writes. These are things I find to be VERY appealing qualities in a man. It just adds to the overall hotness.
                              Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

*whispers*

don't chuck things at me... but he's almost as perfect as Viggo Mortensen!
                                In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X