Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by florence
    Don't worry greytop
    That's just great. . .DJ is gonna spill all the gory details!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by DJFavorite
      There was talk of his ears, shoes and hair.

Someone asked up where the sticky up hair comes from. He said to blame his mom. It's because of the cowlicks he has. So it's just natural that way. He was a little nervous. This was the first time he was solo at a con. (he's done two other cons before this, but others were on stage with him.)
      Do you have pictures DJ?

I've been living vicariously through anyone I know who went to the Con this weekend.
      ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
        Do you have pictures DJ?
        We NEED pics!!!!
        The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Live life for what you have and those you love.

Comment

I have some, but Kiwigater has better pics. As soon as I can, I'll post some.
          No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Klorel
            We NEED pics!!!!
            I second that : we NEED pics ! And detailed reports on eveything he said, what he was wearing, how he was with fans, etc etc.

DJF, don't worry, if I had been at your place, I would never have dared to ask him a question. I would have been too busy watching him and listening to every word and drooling and thunking...
            Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

I can't wait to hear what the convention was like!!!
              The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Live life for what you have and those you love.

Comment

I can't wait to hear about the con either! I doubt I would have asked him anything, I didn't even when I met Don & Teryl, so someone I thunk for .... in the same room as me, well, THUNK!

Comment

piccys great idea i like those

have a neck shot

sigpic

Comment

If I say what I'd like to do to that neck, I'll be silenced by the great and powerful moderators... so I'll have to settle for YUMMM!

Comment

ooh!!!! can't wait to hear all the great con news and see more lovely piccies!!!

speaking of piccies... *off to upload*

Comment

Originally posted by starfish
                        Have yet to read through pages I missed but as I just finished watching TC I thought I'd post this comment first.

Firstly...so much Brendan whumping and secondly I agree with the previous discussions that it seemed like a set-up/pilot for a tv series. Does anyone actually know that this was the case or is that speculation? And also if it was going to be a tv series do people think Brendan/JF would have starred in it? I was surprised it took so long for him to appear - near on an hour but once he appeared it was very much about Brendan and Freya...so I would imagine he would have been a central character (sp?) in any tv series.
                        I didn't know this, but...

It was set to become a TV series, but the network had a choice between it and Touching Evil (dunno if that is anything to do with the UK show), and TE won out and TC was made into a tele-movie instead...

I would have thought any series that would have came from TC would have had Brendan and Freya as the main characters - Joe and Navi Rawat had quite a bit of on-screen chemistry and it would have been interesting to see how that dynamic panned out in a series.

However, I think had they made the series, it would have only ended up like Tru Calling - a good show, but with a premise that only lends itself to eventual repetition of the same theme week in, week out, despite the originality of it...

Just MHO...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                        "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

So, excluding the fact the film has Joe in it, is it good?

Comment

Originally posted by ra-hanna
                            Beanie, I appreciate your explanation. When it comes to subject matter like this I get as far as ~my DVD player plays american DVDs not European. But I'm just playing catch up from last night (it's 9:30am here) and I got about half-way through your "report" and suddenly felt the need to say "Rodney! English please." {giggle} But you made me feel smarter with all that info. Unfortunatly, I probably won't retain any of it beyond today. Kudos to you buddy.
                            I sometimes forget that most of the world aren't as technically minded as me...and Rodney!!!

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                            "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Originally posted by Nessva
                              So, excluding the fact the film has Joe in it, is it good?
                              As all things, it's a matter of opinion. Lots of people like LOTR, personally I think it's crap, and that JRR Tolkein would be spinning in his grave.

IMHO, TC is brilliant, Joe aside. I think the script stands well on it's own, and that it probably would have worked equally as well with two different main stars, but Joe and Navi really give the characters that little bit extra. What one of the producers said about Joe is true - he takes his characters and adds extra dimensions that script writers had never thought of, with just a look, or a slightly different tone to what they expected. He adds to his character and really owns them. That really is a true star...

Comment

Originally posted by knocknashee
                                As all things, it's a matter of opinion. Lots of people like LOTR, personally I think it's crap, and that JRR Tolkein would be spinning in his grave.

IMHO, TC is brilliant, Joe aside. I think the script stands well on it's own, and that it probably would have worked equally as well with two different main stars, but Joe and Navi really give the characters that little bit extra. What one of the producers said about Joe is true - he takes his characters and adds extra dimensions that script writers had never thought of, with just a look, or a slightly different tone to what they expected. He adds to his character and really owns them. That really is a true star...
                                Well, based on the fact I haven't read/heard anything bad about this movie yet ... it's looking more & more likely to be on my list next time I go shopping!

Comment

Working...
                                X