Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sigpic

Comment

John Sheppard - thunkable, whumpable but absolutely NOT shippable - he's mine and I'm keeping him.

sigpic
      sig and avi by mrscopterdoc for Secret Santa 2015
      Recommended Sheppard/Team Sheppard Fics

Comment

John Sheppard - thunkable, whumpable but absolutely NOT shippable - he's mine and I'm keeping him.

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by syfyfan View Post
                Hi Grace! *waves*
                Hey Sy! *hugs*
                Originally posted by taris-eirien View Post
                Hey, Grace! Taking a break?
                Hiya Taris! Yep, taking a break. I'll try to do some more reading tonight while the roomie and I are watching the Olympics.
                And today, we actually started practicing phlebotomy.

Comment

Originally posted by Grace View Post
                  And today, we actually started practicing phlebotomy.
                  Oh, I hate that. I avoid it as much as possible but it still comes up once in awhile.

Babies heel sticks are the worst *shudders*. Advice for old people - pin that vein down good, it likes to slide around under the skin. *shudders again*

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Oh, I hate that. I avoid it as much as possible but it still comes up once in awhile.

Babies heel sticks are the worst *shudders*. Advice for old people - pin that vein down good, it likes to slide around under the skin. *shudders again*
                      Honestly its the part that has me the most worried. I don't want to hurt someone, you know?
                      Everything else I'm getting pretty excited about.

Comment

Honestly its the part that has me the most worried. I don't want to hurt someone, you know?
                        Exactly how I feel. We only have 1 part-time phlebotomist at night where I work. The nurses do the rest. Some of my techs don't mind helping - I call someone else though technically I can do it. But really, if you (the nurse) can't get them you don't want me to try.

sigpic

Comment

So do you get a bunch of classroom stuff first then go to clinicals or do they mix it up there? What's your first section?

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Exactly how I feel. We only have 1 part-time phlebotomist at night where I work. The nurses do the rest. Some of my techs don't mind helping - I call someone else though technically I can do it. But really, if you (the nurse) can't get them you don't want me to try.
                              Lol! I agree.
                              I'm sure I'll get more comfortable with practice...but now I feel like all thumbs.
                              So do you get a bunch of classroom stuff first then go to clinicals or do they mix it up there? What's your first section?
                              The first three weeks are spent all in the classroom. We went to the Skills Lab today to practice on the fake arms. Basically our instructors have been reading through powerpoints of stuff that we've already read and/or learned in past class. (She took time to explain what erythrocyte meant *facepalm*) Its actually kinda boring. I'm sure after this first bit when we're getting new information and doing our clinical rotation it will be better.

Comment

Don't worry Grace, you'll be good

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X