No announcement yet.

Joe Flanigan/John Sheppard Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Sheppard - thunkable, whumpable but absolutely NOT shippable - he's mine and I'm keeping him.

sigpic
    sig and avi by mrscopterdoc for Secret Santa 2015
    Recommended Sheppard/Team Sheppard Fics

Comment

John Sheppard - thunkable, whumpable but absolutely NOT shippable - he's mine and I'm keeping him.

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Sweet Dreams!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by taris-eirien View Post
                  Then what's the point of having a place to post reviews? It's not for debates.

I haven't read any of them because I didn't like the sound of the summaries. Doesn't seem to be going in the direction I'm interested in *not canon, lalalala* and *yuck to any Shep shippiness, including Teyla, Elizabeth, Nancy or gack Larrin or any other OC character I've seen people come up with implied or otherwise. And some of the reviews have said it's like some of these writer's have never even seen the show and can't get the all characters in character. I'll stick with selective fanfic.

I totally agree. I am so very content with my 'whumpy' fan fic. My Kindle has 589 'whump' fics on it. Mostly SGA and some H50. Call me a reader with narrow vision...I don't care. I'm totally happy with my stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Crimsonravenwolf View Post
                    *snickers* Cheeky,an unhappy Sheyla fan dissed a review ya wrote over a year ago? lol That's funny. Was your misguided and terrible review on a specific book or the whole book series? *snerks again* You've never struck me as a terrible or misguided fan Cheeky so there. It's hump day (get your minds outta the gutter ya cheeky monkeys!!) so how about some Sheppy shots? Woohoo!! }:O
                    Yes, it was a review I posted on the second book although I also commented about the absurdity of the first one too. Apparently they took offense at my comments about the unrealistic and laughable Sheppard/Teyla shipping. ICK! They took issue with my wording of the "established relationship" in canon of Teyla and Kanaan. Their argument, and this is my favorite part, is that Kanaan was a made up character. *waits a beat* Yes, I'm serious. These are the kind of people you're dealing with. Just, wow, you know?

Originally posted by taris-eirien View Post
                    Then what's the point of having a place to post reviews? It's not for debates.
                    Yeah, that's kinda what I thought. Silly me.
                    I haven't read any of them because I didn't like the sound of the summaries. Doesn't seem to be going in the direction I'm interested in *not canon, lalalala* and *yuck to any Shep shippiness, including Teyla, Elizabeth, Nancy or gack Larrin or any other OC character I've seen people come up with implied or otherwise. And some of the reviews have said it's like some of these writer's have never even seen the show and can't get the all characters in character. I'll stick with selective fanfic.
                    Very true and also an observation I made as well. Everyone is wildly OOC, the shippiness is laughable. And they decided to rewrite the entire Wraith history, origins, and culture. It's like they decided to remake the entire show. Badly.
                    What really gets me is that some of the writers say that what they are writing is just as canon as the show because they were hired by MGM. And the blurbs being put out that this is virtual Season Six makes me ill.
                    Last edited by CheekyBeckett; 13 June 2012, 07:25 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CheekyBeckett View Post
                      Yes, it was a review I posted on the second book although I also commented about the absurdity of the first one too. Apparently they took offense at my comments about the unrealistic and laughable Sheppard/Teyla shipping. ICK! They took issue with my wording of the "established relationship" in canon of Teyla and Kanaan. Their argument, and this is my favorite part, is that Kanaan was a made up character. *waits a beat* Yes, I'm serious. These are the kind of people you're dealing with. Just, wow, you know?
                      Not to get into a ship war, but Sheppard/Teyla could be considered canon b/c of commentary on the first episode. In the meantime, I'm still moaning and groaning about the lack of Ronon/Melina fanfic, which is undisputed canon and somehow the least loved. *cries*

I've also read the books. They.....leave much to be desired. *coughI'vereadbetterfanficcough*
                      Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
                      Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Before anyone gets offended, no, I don't personally like "Sheyla" but if that floats your boat, then enjoy. My issues are the statements that anything written in those books should be considered canon (sorry no) and how BADLY the "Ship" is presented and written in said books.

Not to say that I think show canon never goofed either. I still think "McKeller" is one of their worst ideas.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CheekyBeckett View Post
                          Before anyone gets offended, no, I don't personally like "Sheyla" but if that floats your boat, then enjoy. My issues are the statements that anything written in those books should be considered canon (sorry no) and how BADLY the "Ship" is presented and written in said books.

Not to say that I think show canon never goofed either. I still think "McKeller" is one of their worst ideas.

Wait a sec, you consider those books canon? I consider them cute little footnotes that could be ignored. (especially after that one Ronon centered one that I couldn't finish reading)
                          Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
                          Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyC View Post
                            Wait a sec, you consider those books canon? I consider them cute little footnotes that could be ignored. (especially after that one Ronon centered one that I couldn't finish reading)
                            The books may not be "canon" but they should at least be realistic, in character, and not make a laughingstock out of the entire franchise. I've never read them because I heard how OOC they were (that and I ship Sparky) but even so, I'm of the opinion that if you can read a novel and see it play out like an actual onscreen episode of SGA, or any series for that matter, then it's a good, well written, in character story. I just read the novel "Casualties of War" and it's a story that would've been great as an actual episode. No ship, great team dynamics, very plausible storyline, nothing set in stone canon is rewritten, and Shep's boxers fall out of the laundry in front of Zelenka and Teyla.

And I agree. I find it absurd and ridiculous that they would dismiss Kanaan that easily. Yes, he may have only appeared in, what, three episodes? But he's canon.

Anyhow. A Shep present:

*giggles insanely*

Comment

Thanks for the present, ShipperWriter.

As for the books, I've read them but was disappointed by the poor storyline and I remember a few major plot holes and mistakes. I wrote to the author about them and the answer was: we know but in the end it was so hectic and we had no time to correct it. So much for doing a good editing ...
                              Since I don't like Sheyla at all, I blanked out the parts. I looked where they stopped doing the we-are-together-things and continued reading afterwards.
                              I liked the Shep whump, the Rodney whump and that the Wraith got a big part. The Wraith names? *shrugs* Read them, forgot them ...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyC View Post
                                No, my whole argument is that they're not.
                                Originally posted by Libero View Post
                                Thanks for the present, ShipperWriter.

As for the books, I've read them but was disappointed by the poor storyline and I remember a few major plot holes and mistakes. I wrote to the author about them and the answer was: we know but in the end it was so hectic and we had no time to correct it. So much for doing a good editing ...
                                The whole thing is such a botch job, it's ridiculous. The first one is a total write off and not worth the paper it's printed on.
                                The second was not great but there were a few redeeming features. McKay on the Hive ship was predictable but at least slightly interesting. And I actually was interested on the planet side scenes with Shep, Teyla,Beckett and Dahlia Radhim going after the Ancient ship.

Anyway, I've made my point and I'm sick of talking about it. Just riled me up having some moron getting in my face about a review I wrote over a year ago.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X