Joe Flanigan/John Sheppard Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by taris-eirien View Post
    I've seen my grandma whack mice with a broom. The broom thing must run in the family.
    that's what my mom does too...i go all girlie and run and scream
    My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
    sigpic

Comment

I'm here! Did someone mention a PITA? LOL
      Member of The Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
      Sigs by Csom, Luci and Pip2

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
        things aren't looking so hot for us right now. Although, how cool would it be to be Sid Crosby if we end up winning it all? Stanley Cup last year, Olympic Gold and a Stanley Cup this year? I'd retire..... lol

Random RL vent because I need to get it all out
        Spoiler:
        my sister has been married for almost 4 years to a guy that I've NEVER liked. I've always bitten my tongue though out of respect for her. Well she's finally had enough of his ridiculousness (he actually told a friend of his that he still considers himself a child right after my nephew was born) and has decided to leave him. I'm of course over the moon because I pretty much loathe him (he doesn't care for me either) and have no respect for him. I offered to let them stay here for a while because I know they really don't have anywhere else to go (them being my sis and niece and nephew obviously). And I really really don't mind them staying; i"m glad I can help. BUT exactly what I knew would happen is already starting and now I'm mom to my nephew AND my kids while she sits on Facebook or takes a nap on MY couch. I don't know how long it'll go before I snap at her...I get that she's going through stuff but she has the means to get help through it and she needs to do it. I can't be responsible for holding them all together. *sigh*
        I am so blessed to have the hubby I have and I love him to bits and pieces.
        That would be cool!
        As for RL:
        Spoiler:
        Sounds like she thinks she is vacation. You had better disabuse her of that notion straight away, or you may be stuck with them for months! Not kidding. When my niece was small her parents would drop her off here for hours so they could go do stuff as if they didn't have a child. Now my mom didn't mind, but she couldn't look after the kid herself. So I did. And I didn't mind, because we bonded pretty close, but still...hours and hours with no word and they were always back later than they said...grrr...I didn't like them taking advantage of my mom like that.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Suzieb View Post
          I'm here! Did someone mention a PITA? LOL
          were your ears burnin' cuz?
          My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
          sigpic

Comment

Random RL vent because I need to get it all out
            Spoiler:
            my sister has been married for almost 4 years to a guy that I've NEVER liked. I've always bitten my tongue though out of respect for her. Well she's finally had enough of his ridiculousness (he actually told a friend of his that he still considers himself a child right after my nephew was born) and has decided to leave him. I'm of course over the moon because I pretty much loathe him (he doesn't care for me either) and have no respect for him. I offered to let them stay here for a while because I know they really don't have anywhere else to go (them being my sis and niece and nephew obviously). And I really really don't mind them staying; i"m glad I can help. BUT exactly what I knew would happen is already starting and now I'm mom to my nephew AND my kids while she sits on Facebook or takes a nap on MY couch. I don't know how long it'll go before I snap at her...I get that she's going through stuff but she has the means to get help through it and she needs to do it. I can't be responsible for holding them all together. *sigh*
            I am so blessed to have the hubby I have and I love him to bits and pieces.

Spoiler:
            I was so glad when my sister finally scraped of her ex - it took some time even after the divorce. But now she's on to other questionable pursuits.

I think I'll just stay with Sheppard. He doesn't give me any problems.
            John Sheppard - thunkable, whumpable but absolutely NOT shippable - he's mine and I'm keeping him.

sigpic
            sig and avi by mrscopterdoc for Secret Santa 2015
            Recommended Sheppard/Team Sheppard Fics

Comment

Originally posted by ladyofshalott View Post
              That would be cool!
              As for RL:
              Spoiler:
              Sounds like she thinks she is vacation. You had better disabuse her of that notion straight away, or you may be stuck with them for months! Not kidding. When my niece was small her parents would drop her off here for hours so they could go do stuff as if they didn't have a child. Now my mom didn't mind, but she couldn't look after the kid herself. So I did. And I didn't mind, because we bonded pretty close, but still...hours and hours with no word and they were always back later than they said...grrr...I didn't like them taking advantage of my mom like that.

http://i565.photobucket.com/albums/s...m3/john732.jpg
              GRRRR and the Canadiens score again....they better get their heads in the game!!!!

RL
              Spoiler:
              I gave her some leeway today because she had been up late (like all night) last night working through all this and deciding what to do. And I know it's tough. But the "free ride" stops now. I will not be making lunch and dinner and doing the dishes for everyone every day without help. I shouldn't have been doing it in the first place...
              sigpic

Comment

We've got mice out here, but with cats I have never seen one in the house. Or near it.

such a lovely smile.
                sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                  I was so glad when my sister finally scraped of her ex - it took some time even after the divorce. But now she's on to other questionable pursuits.

http://i967.photobucket.com/albums/a...sga2200005.jpg
                  I think I'll just stay with Sheppard. He doesn't give me any problems.
                  Spoiler:
                  I'm thrilled that she's leaving him. and that she's learned enough about herself to know she doesn't want to be married to ANYONE. And that she made the comment "maybe I should get my tubes tied" today (huge sigh of relief as she doesn't always make the best choices....) I just really hope I don't end up raising my nephew while she gets her life together. If I'd wanted three kids, I'd had three kids, ya know?
                  sigpic

Comment

that's what my mom does too...i go all girlie and run and scream
                    We did that when a snake got in the house once (we were kids). I think my mom was thinking about whacking us with the broom we were so little help rounding the thing up. As I recall my sister was on the couch in the living room and I was on the kitchen counter. My brother, who was only about 3 at the time, thought it was all very funny but he was standing on the couch too.
                    John Sheppard - thunkable, whumpable but absolutely NOT shippable - he's mine and I'm keeping him.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ladyofshalott View Post
                      We've got mice out here, but with cats I have never seen one in the house. Or near it.
                      My mom's cat brought her a mouse for Mother's Day.

sigpic

Comment

were your ears burnin' cuz?
                        Nope...but after watching that video from FedCon I did have to change an article of clothing. LOL
                        Member of The Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                        Sigs by Csom, Luci and Pip2

Comment

We did that when a snake got in the house once (we were kids). I think my mom was thinking about whacking us with the broom we were so little help rounding the thing up. As I recall my sister was on the couch in the living room and I was on the kitchen counter. My brother, who was only about 3 at the time, thought it was all very funny but he was standing on the couch too.
                          I'm surprised your bro wasn't poking at the snake lol I don't mind snakes, and I'm the bug catcher in our house. I just can't do rats or mice or any other little furry creatures...
                          My mom's cat brought her a mouse for Mother's Day.

http://i967.photobucket.com/albums/a.../home008-1.jpg
                          ew. my parents' cats do that
                          sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                            I'm thrilled that she's leaving him. and that she's learned enough about herself to know she doesn't want to be married to ANYONE. And that she made the comment "maybe I should get my tubes tied" today (huge sigh of relief as she doesn't always make the best choices....) I just really hope I don't end up raising my nephew while she gets her life together. If I'd wanted three kids, I'd had three kids, ya know?
                            Spoiler:
                            No kids here, thankfully.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Suzieb View Post
                              Nope...but after watching that video from FedCon I did have to change an article of clothing. LOL
                              *gigglesnort*

did you have a successful trip to the book store today?
                              sigpic

Comment

I'm surprised your bro wasn't poking at the snake lol I don't mind snakes, and I'm the bug catcher in our house. I just can't do rats or mice or any other little furry creatures...
                                hat
                                My brother is more afraid of snakes now than I am.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X