Joe Flanigan/John Sheppard Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Merlin7
    GUP was yet another RODNEY LOVE FEST. And I'm not dissing Rodney. I just don't love him and I don't like Sam and since that was most of the ep I wasn't impressed. But Great Shep and Zelenka bits and no wet Shep. But a bit of nekkid Shep back was nice. Just a bit of skin.

I adored Shep and Zelenka. Would have loved the ep if I was a ROdney fan. Not liking Sam either kinda killed it for me. Meh.

Too bad TPTB love only Rodney with sides of Teyla and Weir. I'd kill for just ONE SHep ep like Rodney gets. Just one. Conversion was more Weir stuff and Epiphany blew it after they got Shep out of the cave. :ighs::

But Joe looked gorgeous.
    How disappointing Merlin.
    I really don't understand TPTB, really I don't.
    I know how much they love to write for McKay, and that they've found it difficult to write for Sheppard, but come on PTB, give Sheppard and Joe Flanigan the chances you give DH. Nobody is saying don't give DH any, but just some opportunities for JF would be nice!
    With the meagre material he's given JF does brilliantly, all the time. Never OTT,wonderful facial expressions, great comic timing, great action stuff, great emotional acting and WONDEFRFUL leading man - LEADING MAN being the operative word!!!!! It's rather handed on a plate to DH,as good as an actor he is. Jf is brilliant too! He's not just pretty!
    How disappointing - again. Sigh....
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin7
      GUP was yet another RODNEY LOVE FEST. And I'm not dissing Rodney. I just don't love him and I don't like Sam and since that was most of the ep I wasn't impressed. But Great Shep and Zelenka bits and no wet Shep. But a bit of nekkid Shep back was nice. Just a bit of skin.

I adored Shep and Zelenka. Would have loved the ep if I was a ROdney fan. Not liking Sam either kinda killed it for me. Meh.

Too bad TPTB love only Rodney with sides of Teyla and Weir. I'd kill for just ONE SHep ep like Rodney gets. Just one. Conversion was more Weir stuff and Epiphany blew it after they got Shep out of the cave. :ighs::

But Joe looked gorgeous.
      Oh well...at least Shep was actually in it. I figured he wasn't going to be there at all!!

I'll look forward to the Shep/Zalenka bits...and the bit of nekkid back sounds good too! Seems like we're getting bits of nekkidness on a regular basis now. They're preparing us for the shirt coming off I expect!!

Thanks for the review Merlin!

Comment

Originally posted by Elinor
        Oh well...at least Shep was actually in it. I figured he wasn't going to be there at all!!

I'll look forward to the Shep/Zalenka bits...and the bit of nekkid back sounds good too! Seems like we're getting bits of nekkidness on a regular basis now. They're preparing us for the shirt coming off I expect!!

Thanks for the review Merlin!

The thing is Eli, as much as the shirt coming off would be appealing, and it would be delightful, I'm sure, I crave some serious character development and something really gritty for JF to get his teeth into. He's such a good actor and quite honestly I need some backstory and less kiss the alien bimbo of the month, or other female cast member. They supposedly do this for ratings boosts, it remains to be seen if it works!
        Actually I'm sure half nekkid Sheppy would boost the ratings!
        So how about a gritty,character driven, emotionally angsty,whump, backstory,yet half nekkid Shep episode, with NO kissing, none atall.....
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi
          The thing is Eli, as much as the shirt coming off would be appealing, and it would be delightful, I'm sure, I crave some serious character development and something really gritty for JF to get his teeth into. He's such a good actor and quite honestly I need some backstory and less kiss the alien bimbo of the month. They supposedly do this for ratings boosts, it remains to be seen if it works!
          Actually I'm sure half nekkid Sheppy would boost the ratings!
          So how about a gritty,character driven, emotionally angsty,whump, backstory,yet half nekkid Shep episode, with NO kissing, none atall.....
          Yeah, you're right Linzi, it would be nice to see Joe get some more gritty stuff. Only got to look at 'Conversion' to see how wonderful he is. You know, if TPTB do find it difficult to write for Sheppard, they should get someone in who can. I just checked in to 'The top 25 men in Stargate' thread and Sheppard is doing really well. Now, if the character is already that popular and he hasn't really been given that much to work with, just think how much more popular he would be (and good for ratings) if they were to give him more dramatic stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Elinor
            Yeah, you're right Linzi, it would be nice to see Joe get some more gritty stuff. Only got to look at 'Conversion' to see how wonderful he is. You know, if TPTB do find it difficult to write for Sheppard, they should get someone in who can. I just checked in to 'The top 25 men in Stargate' thread and Sheppard is doing really well. Now, if the character is already that popular and he hasn't really been given that much to work with, just think how much more popular he would be (and good for ratings) if they were to give him more dramatic stuff!

You've hit the nail on the head there Eli!
            He already IS really popular! What's not to like about the character? Even his flaws are endearing. If he was better written for he would become even more popular and we'd be so much happier too. I just love dramatic stuff. Now Atlantis is in contact with earth again etc. the dramatic tension has dwindled somewhat,always a danger after spending a whole season alone and stranded. We need more drama and tension and JF is just the actor to pull off that! So come on PTB,make us happy!
            sigpic

Comment

I've got the day off work and I really should be getting on and doing other things, but, for some reason...just...can't...seem...to...drag...myself...away!!

Comment

I can't drag myself away either Eli!
                Lovely piccie, sunnies AND gun!
                sigpic

Comment

Good morning ( or whatever)!

Sig by Camy

Comment

Not typecasting David Hewlett here, or dissing him, but I've seem him in three things now - Stargate, Treed Murray and Cube...and he always plays snarky...

YADF! (Yet Another David Fest) - C'mon TPTB, sort it out!

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                    "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

I am back!! Yay! My computer was off line the whole week and there was no time at all on the weekend, but I just got a new computer...

GUP was disappointing for me, too. For the same reasons everyone else has mentioned.
                      I have a question: Did TPTB really say that they find it hard to write stuff for Shep or do we just assume they do?

I mean, how hard can it be? there is a lot of canon with the whole back story thing. Just use it, please...
                      *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

Originally posted by caty
                        I am back!! Yay! My computer was off line the whole week and there was no time at all on the weekend, but I just got a new computer...

GUP was disappointing for me, too. For the same reasons everyone else has mentioned.
                        I have a question: Did TPTB really say that they find it hard to write stuff for Shep or do we just assume they do?

I mean, how hard can it be? there is a lot of canon with the whole back story thing. Just use it, please...
                        New PC...huzzah! Congrats to you. Deffo on my list of things to save for this year!

Not even seen it yet...however it sounds as bad as I was expecting.

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                        "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

I haven't seen GUP yet either. Despite trying to avoid the spoilers, it's kind of difficult not to have at least a rough idea what happens

I don't dislike McKay heavy eps, and infact 'Duet' was one of my favorate so far in S2, but i agree with you all - More SHEP!!!

Like Caty said - he has a lot of canon background, lots to build on there...
                          FBI - Special Agent VonKnibble. Head of the Post-Whump Protectorate
                          There is no point in arguing with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Comment

Originally posted by VonKnibble
                            I haven't seen GUP yet either. Despite trying to avoid the spoilers, it's kind of difficult not to have at least a rough idea what happens

I don't dislike McKay heavy eps, and infact 'Duet' was one of my favorate so far in S2, but i agree with you all - More SHEP!!!

Like Caty said - he has a lot of canon background, lots to build on there...
                            You know my feeling on them...I just sit at the end of the couch cringing...he's bearable in small doses, like a normal ep, but McKay-heavy eps just aren't my thing...

Comment

Just a quick hello, while I catch up on my thunking, i mean reading.... you guys have been busy over the past few days!! xx

Comment

Originally posted by knocknashee
                                You know my feeling on them...I just sit at the end of the couch cringing...he's bearable in small doses, like a normal ep, but McKay-heavy eps just aren't my thing...
                                To be fair, i'm sure there are people who arn't too keen on the idea of a Shep heavy ep too...they are of course sick, sick people and need our help

S: You mean some people *don't* think i'm gorgeous and hawt?
                                VK: I know honey. It's ok. we'll find a nice safe padded room for them...
                                S:Good.
                                Last edited by VonKnibble; 13 December 2005, 10:19 AM.
                                FBI - Special Agent VonKnibble. Head of the Post-Whump Protectorate
                                There is no point in arguing with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Comment

Working...
                                X