Joe Flanigan/John Sheppard Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*runs off to find the Lowdown tape*

I don't remember that, but then, Atlantis didn't really register with me until I actually saw The Lovely Major Called Shephard
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger
      However I'm here with a question. Mr MC and I just watched Hide & Seek and 38 Minutes and we want to know what that accent is that Maj Shephard has. And my question to those of you who have seen Joe F in other things: does he always talk like that, or does he use different voices for different characters?
      The few things I've seen Joe in - he sounds the same in all of them. Joe F was born in LA and grew up in Reno, Nevada (his family still has a ranch there according to an article I read). He sounds like a typical mid-Western U.S. accent to me. But then I'm from Texas and I don't think I have an accent at all.

Originally posted by Liv
      Okay, I just found these pics - from the Stargate Lowdown, I believe it is - and I just had to post them. Joe on a skateboard, how cute is that? On a scale of 1-10, I'd say about 11.
      These are adorable. And he's got his gun with him. What a goofball.

I've never been much of a thunker, but this man is growing on me. Especially after watching "The Storm". Here's another pic, from Joe's guest appearance on CSI:Miami...

Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Liv
        Okay, I just found these pics - from the Stargate Lowdown, I believe it is - and I just had to post them. Joe on a skateboard, how cute is that? On a scale of 1-10, I'd say about 11.

<snip snip>
        I remember that scene vague...must go watch lowdown again!!

Oh and i saw the "Tru calling" episode with Joe in it yesterday...yeah he sounds the same there too. And of course incrediblly hot.
        ~Athena

Comment

It is his characters for me as well.

All these great pictures. My computer after looking at them yesterday.
          "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
          'Eleanor Roosevelt'
          Individuality is freedom lived.
          'Janis Joplin'

Comment

I'm new here. Just wanted to say I love Joe/Shep and can't wait for discussions about him. He's beyond Thunk worthy. Such a gorgeous man in every way. Both the character and the actor. And a talented actor to boot. No one else on the show can say/express so much without saying a word. Joe does that with Shep.

Down to the tiniest of details. His reactions let me know what he's thinking. How he feels.

He uses his voice well too.

One of my fave moments to show that Joe never forgets to be IN the scene and IN the moment. In HOME when everyone is talking around him, Rodney is going on about what he'd have to do to the gate or whatever. And Sheppard is calculating the years it would take to go and rescue ROdney in the Jumper. Watch Joe's/Shep's face. You can tell he's calculating in his head and in that moment has detached himself from the conversation. Then he jumps back in with the answer. It's priceless.

Or in HOME when his DEAD buddies show up. His reactions when he opens the door and after he lets them in are superb.

And don't even get me started on 38 minutes. Nobody does pain like Joe. When they poured that water on the salt. His screams of pain. The way his body shook. His voice. The pain in his eyes. He would keep wincing. It made me believe. Also in the beginning when they flashed back and Ford was trying to shoot the bug off. The way John looked at Ford. The way he nodded. You could see his pain. Same when he was in the Jumper. You could see/feel his pain. Right in the first scene before they went through the gate. Or tried. Then he's knocked out and you can tell he's not in as much pain before he told Teyla he wasn't and why.

Anyhoo. I could go on and on and on! LOL

Comment

Welcome Merlin7! Great to have you with us.

There is another thread available for discussing the character as well, right over here:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=3993

Please, jump on in and tell us about your favorite scenes and why.

I so agree with you on Joe's acting in Thirty Eight Minutes, I completely bought it. It didn't feel like he was acting at all, it felt like he really was in pain. Wonderful job on his part.

Actually, there is an interview with him in this magazine called Starlog, that I really want to get my hands on, because he talks about how the most challenging episode, so far, really was Thirty Eight Minutes.
              Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

Thanks for the link and the welcome Liv. Yeah I have that mag. Great interview. He said he was miserable being on his back for 8 days straight. Not surprised. Joe strikes me as being a man in motion. I mean .Competetive skiier. Horse back riding> Tennis. Mtn biking. Surfing and skateboarding <which he's very good at> The man just does not sit still! LOL

Comment

Okay Gals...I put aside my pride and got my hands on the two Dawson's Creek Episodes that Joe was on. (I despised and vowed never to watch that show...no offense to those who love DC) And if he wasn't so Darn hot playing Vincent in those episode, I would not have forgiven myself for having them. Anyways enough of me rambling.

Oh and Welcome Merlin!!

P.S. I apologize if MC gets another heart attack because of sheppard/Vincent overload...again.

Enjoy!

Pic of the Day

[edit]: for picture size...was a tad bit too big
                  ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
                    Okay Gals...I put aside my pride and got my hands on the two Dawson's Creek Episodes that Joe was on. (I despised and vowed never to watch that show...no offense to those who love DC) And if he wasn't so Darn hot playing Vincent in those episode, I would not have forgiven myself for having them. Anyways enough of me rambling.

Oh and Welcome Merlin!!

P.S. I apologize if MC gets another heart attack because of sheppard/Vincent overload...again.

Enjoy!

Pic of the Day

Athenaktt I just want to say that I luv ya for putting this pic up. Its made my day.

True Love! <3 True Love! <3

Comment

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhh!

*voice from near the computer*
                      OK, you lot, this is Mr.MC... stop it! She's a very old lady and her heart can't take it!!!
                      In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Athenaktt....Thanks for the welcome and YUM to the pic. Joe is so gorgeous.

Comment

Pant pant pant!!

Love the skateboard pics! I don't remember that but I was overwhelmed watching - that cute smile and goofy hair

BTW, I lust for Sheppard - Joe Flanigan is hot but I don't know Joe. I know Sheppard so there is a difference for all you gals who feel guilty lusting over another woman's man
                          sigpic
                          Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

Comment

Oh and Welcome Merlin!!

Enjoy!

Pic of the Day

Oh, THUNK!!! Thank you so much for posting that!! (and not making me go get DC--not a big fan of that show either lol) Feel free to cap lots more!
                            Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                            Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                            Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger
                              <snip>
                              Well, the idea of letching, so publicly, after someone elses husband is a bit icky. (I'm an old school feminist so I believe that 'other women's "men"' are the big taboo). I prefer to restrict it to the character. I hope that she would understand, and maybe be pleased that she's married to such a good looking guy.
                              Agreed! I like to stick with the characters as well--doesn't mean I can't like more than one character played by him. As I tell hubs (who thinks that thunking is hilarious), they're not real. What we see on screen is not that person in real life and though I may drool over something that looks good (and boy does he look good )--it's just that, looks. His private life stays private.

Comment

Mmmm, dirty!

*Idly wonders if Rural would let us bring over some of those itty bitty sponges from the Jack thread to clean him up with? *

Comment

Working...
                                X