Joe Flanigan/John Sheppard Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Merlin7
    I really do believe her CONNECTION to Shep is because of the GENE thing. In part because it was so BAM. And they kept bringing up the GENE and that they are more alike than he thinks. SO..yeah!
    ditto

like i said i really believe he's a close descendant of an ancient so instead of just having the genes he is actually part ancient

Comment

Originally posted by emily_reich
      that's abuse of power!! abuse of power!!! not fair!!!
      and

Originally posted by kliggins
      I agree, that is just so not fair!!!! You could at least have the decency not to laugh as you run away. *stomps foot*
      Well, you honestly don't all believe that we mod just for the Magic Beans that Darren pays us with?

We get first dibs on all the totty
      Mod perks.

*skips away laughing*
      In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

you're truly evil... you know that right???

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger
          Well, you honestly don't all believe that we mod just for the Magic Beans that Darren pays us with?

We get first dibs on all the totty
          Mod perks.
          *skips away laughing*
          Originally posted by emily_reich
          you're truly evil... you know that right???
          The Dalek signature should have been ample proof of that... "exterminate, exterminate"..
          Don't worry, Em... what they don't know won't hurt them... I'm sure there's such a thing as black market bidding
          sigpic
          "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

.... oh indeed there is....

we'll just keep it on the down low....

Comment

*in hushed tones* a conspiracy of silence of Sheppard proportions...
              sigpic
              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

i read that wrong the first time!!! (thunk thread state of mind going in!!! )

*hushed* yes indeed....

Comment

I really LOVED Sanctuary. Loved how adorable JOE was. Rodney was weird. But that aside for ME I saw this as PROOF of what I had been hoping for.
                  I'm glad you liked it and saw what you were looking for... However, I'm with the others... I thought Sanctuary was waaaaaaaaaay off base... esp. with regards to Rodney...
                  I do agree that Shep was very cute on the balcony scene (egad... sounds like Romeo and Juliet... "Lady by yonder blessed moon I swear.../ Swear not by the moon the inconsistent moon...) but the whole Kirk thing got quite tiresome...
                  sigpic

Comment

see it didn't bother me (the kirk thing) because it really seemed like something he wasn't in control of somehow... at least not at first!!! either she was somehow controlling him in a way (because she was so lonely) or somehow their ancient-ness had something to do with it...

Comment

But it was mostly Rodney that felt off to me. Too over the top. He had a legit concern, but his face off with Shep after Shep's picnic was bizarre. Shep wasn't out of line. Even Teyla said he had a right to his feelings. And he actually wasn't discounting Rodney's mistrust so much as Rodney's right to get into his personal life.

Sure she was lying about who she was. But she actually would have helped if she could have. And I can understand her not being ready to trust them just cause either.D
                      Yes Rodney was over the top. I agree that it was totally inappropriate for him to involve himself in Sheppard's private business. He also insinuated that Sheppard was not behaving in a manner that was correct because of his leadership role and I don't think that was right. Sheppard hadn't compromised himself at all. Everyone apart from Rodney was prepared to give her the benefit of the doubt so Sheppard wasn't alone in that.

I understand why she lied. I agree that there really was no reason why she should tell them everything straight away, she barely knew them. It's not like the Atlantis team when visiting other worlds don't hide certain things. They don't exactly put all their cards on the table straight away either. The only thing that bothered me was her attitude. I suppose it's an ascended ancient thing, but she came across as rather superior and condescending.

The other thing that felt 'off ' to me was Sheppard's 'This is cool' when she shared herself with him at the end. I don't know what you're supposed to say in that kind of situation but I am sure that isn't it. I think silence would have been more appropriate, if he couldn't come up with something more profound.
                      ~ Esther~ My Live Journal
                      FBI - Body Preservation Division

Comment

I thought that last line that Sheppard said at the end of 'Sanctuary' was just so bad. It just killed what ever moment they were trying to convey to everyone. *rolls eyes*
                        ~Athena

Comment

ok, i will admit to that... fairly shep but very inapropriate at the time... killed the ending...

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
                            I thought that last line that Sheppard said at the end of 'Sanctuary' was just so bad. It just killed what ever moment they were trying to convey to everyone. *rolls eyes*
                            Oh, no kidding. What could have been touching was turned silly.
                            Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                            Last update: 14 April 2006
                            Melyanna's Multimedia
                            Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

yeah.... totally agreed there... maybe they'll cut that out of the dvd and the ep will be touching afterall

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
                                It was an attempt at humour during a sublime moment... which I thought was a very Stargate thing to do...
                                I didn't dislike it as much as most of you seem to have...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X