Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'll see that bid and raise you another 200

Comment

you do all realise that the mods have first dibs on the Thunkees, don't you?

*runs away laughing*
      In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

that's abuse of power!! abuse of power!!! not fair!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger
          you do all realise that the mods have first dibs on the Thunkees, don't you?

*runs away laughing*
          I agree, that is just so not fair!!!! You could at least have the decency not to laugh as you run away. *stomps foot*
          sigpic

Comment

hmmm no fair indeed..

i'll see your 200 choc bars and double it...

god now i need some choc..

oh my... now if it was just melted... the wonders of melted choc could be used for so many frellin things..

ohhh yea that was a gutter trip too
            sigpic

Comment

and almost off page too... yipes
              sigpic

Comment

I really LOVED Sanctuary. Loved how adorable JOE was. Rodney was weird. But that aside for ME I saw this as PROOF of what I had been hoping for. Kirk jokes aside, Cute but way off cause Shep ain't anything like kirk,

I don't see Shep and Chaya as IN LUST with each other. Or attracted on a purely physical level. The end scene clinched it for me. Chaya told Shep they're more alike than he thinks and she SHOWED him. I truly believe this ep was meant to show Chaya's power. For us to remember her and her power. And that Sheppard is more ANCIENT than we've been SHOWN so far. Chaya could have been attracted to any of the humans in her villages the past ten thousand years. But it's SHEP from another galaxy with the most concentrated GENE who she connects too?

That so means something. SQUEEEEEE

And on a shallow note. Joe was HOT/GORGEOUS/SEXY/BEAUTIFUL

But he was an acting doll too. Just perfect. Not the macho fly boy looking for a piece of ..ya know. He was charming but flustered and adorable and through it all he NEVER lost sight of what was important. Yeah..he liked her, but he was focused on getting Athar's help to save lives. That rocks.

Comment

Despite the fact I didn't really care for "Sanctuary"

I did find Sheppard sooo totally gorgeous. Especially when he's flirting.

~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin7
                    I really LOVED Sanctuary. Loved how adorable JOE was. Rodney was weird. But that aside for ME I saw this as PROOF of what I had been hoping for. Kirk jokes aside, Cute but way off cause Shep ain't anything like kirk,

I don't see Shep and Chaya as IN LUST with each other. Or attracted on a purely physical level. The end scene clinched it for me. Chaya told Shep they're more alike than he thinks and she SHOWED him. I truly believe this ep was meant to show Chaya's power. For us to remember her and her power. And that Sheppard is more ANCIENT than we've been SHOWN so far. Chaya could have been attracted to any of the humans in her villages the past ten thousand years. But it's SHEP from another galaxy with the most concentrated GENE who she connects too?

But he was an acting doll too. Just perfect. Not the macho fly boy looking for a piece of ..ya know. He was charming but flustered and adorable and through it all he NEVER lost sight of what was important. Yeah..he liked her, but he was focused on getting Athar's help to save lives. That rocks.
                    I wasn't terribly keen on Sanctuary. I agree that Rodney was weird, but I felt that he wasn't the only one. Several people seem a bit 'off' in that episode, including Sheppard. Rodney was definitely the weirdest. He was correct to be suspicious and it was in character for him to be lacking in tact when it came to dealing with Chaya but the extremes he went to in order to prove he was right about her were too much.

I like what you said about the connection being the ancient gene, it would help to explain the instant attraction. I just found it hard to accept the speed with which they connected. As soon as Sheppard met Chaya, he seemed to become somewhat diluted. That's probably the wrong word to use but I can't think of the right one. It's like he and Rodney went in opposite directions in this episode. Sheppard was too compliant and Rodney went into hyper-overdrive. I did like the picnic scene, because as you said he wasn't behaving like a macho fly boy, he wasn't all suave and therefore slimy. He was rather uncertain and actually a bit blown away that she liked him. When Rodney got her to admit that Sheppard was the only reason she had come to Atlantis, Sheppard seemed surprised.

I confess to not liking Chaya much at all. I perfectly understood why she did what she did. Her explanation to Sheppard at the end was perfectly reasonable. I felt sympathetic to her predicament and understood why she leapt at the chance to go to Atlantis. I think her existence must be very lonely and rather monotonous. However her behaviour on Atlantis, considering who she really is, got on my nerves. All that being surprised when she activated the scan machine. She was patronising to just about everyone except Sheppard and when she did that flouncing thing back into her room after overhearing Rodney and Sheppard, I really wanted to slap her. I think Rodney was completely out of line in his treatment of Sheppard and his snidy comments and general distrust that Sheppard was adult enough to handle the situation. However I didn't feel much sympathy for Chaya, at the end of the day Rodney was right, she was being deceptive so her indignation at being found out was a bit much.
                    ~ Esther~ My Live Journal
                    FBI - Body Preservation Division

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin7

must admit i was pleasantly surprised with sanctuary also pretty much for exactly what ya said!!!

but MOSTLY cuz it really seemed like it was the ancient gene that connected them on an almost unnatural level... remember that as SOON AS they saw each other it looked like love aT firsT sIght??? (aCk, sHift button half-sTuck...) well sInce thaT reaLly is faIrly out of chaRaCter for our guy (AND add to thaT how sHe sAid thaT they aren't aS different aS he thinks) i think he is DeFINATELY a closE dEscendEnt of aN ancient... aka instead of having just a gene i think he IS part ancient just a theory of course, but look at our guy so far: it makes perfect sense! then look at what we know of ancients: it's perfectly plausible

ok, rambling a bit, but hey, instead of making this the dscussion thread, i'll thunk too

he was ADORABLE, even when he was falling for a gal he'd *just* set eyes on

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
                        Yes, his flirting expressions are poster-worthy.

Life is short. Eat dessert first.

Comment

indeed before i saw the ep i had lots of his flirty looks on my desktop

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
                            Despite the fact I didn't really care for "Sanctuary"

THUD! Love this pic. LOVE!

Comment

Blah. "Sanctuary" is one of those episodes that eventually we're probably going to deny. Its badness made me giggle for all the wrong reasons.

As cute as Sheppard was, I thought it would have been a heck of a lot more interesting if Chaya hadn't been interested in him. Instead, we're again stuck with a rogue Ancient, though I don't even believe that Oma Desala is wholly good either. Like "Affinity" in SG-1 this season, I felt like they took some good ideas and totally blew it. But at least there wasn't a crappy B-plot in this one.
                              Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                              Last update: 14 April 2006
                              Melyanna's Multimedia
                              Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by smallgirl
                                I wasn't terribly keen on Sanctuary. I agree that Rodney was weird, but I felt that he wasn't the only one. Several people seem a bit 'off' in that episode, including Sheppard. Rodney was definitely the weirdest. He was correct to be suspicious and it was in character for him to be lacking in tact when it came to dealing with Chaya but the extremes he went to in order to prove he was right about her were too much.

I like what you said about the connection being the ancient gene, it would help to explain the instant attraction. I just found it hard to accept the speed with which they connected. As soon as Sheppard met Chaya, he seemed to become somewhat diluted. That's probably the wrong word to use but I can't think of the right one. It's like he and Rodney went in opposite directions in this episode. Sheppard was too compliant and Rodney went into hyper-overdrive. I did like the picnic scene, because as you said he wasn't behaving like a macho fly boy, he wasn't all suave and therefore slimy. He was rather uncertain and actually a bit blown away that she liked him. When Rodney got her to admit that Sheppard was the only reason she had come to Atlantis, Sheppard seemed surprised.

I confess to not liking Chaya much at all. I perfectly understood why she did what she did. Her explanation to Sheppard at the end was perfectly reasonable. I felt sympathetic to her predicament and understood why she leapt at the chance to go to Atlantis. I think her existence must be very lonely and rather monotonous. However her behaviour on Atlantis, considering who she really is, got on my nerves. All that being surprised when she activated the scan machine. She was patronising to just about everyone except Sheppard and when she did that flouncing thing back into her room after overhearing Rodney and Sheppard, I really wanted to slap her. I think Rodney was completely out of line in his treatment of Sheppard and his snidy comments and general distrust that Sheppard was adult enough to handle the situation. However I didn't feel much sympathy for Chaya, at the end of the day Rodney was right, she was being deceptive so her indignation at being found out was a bit much.

They probably should have been more concerned. But it was mostly Rodney that felt off to me. Too over the top. He had a legit concern, but his face off with Shep after Shep's picnic was bizarre. Shep wasn't out of line. Even Teyla said he had a right to his feelings. And he actually wasn't discounting Rodney's mistrust so much as Rodney's right to get into his personal life. Had Chaya proven a threat..then fine. Rodney should get in Shep's face. But Weir knew about this and wasn't concerned and Shep was still interested in getting Chaya to help them. Get Athar to help them.

Sure she was lying about who she was. But she actually would have helped if she could have. And I can understand her not being ready to trust them just cause either.

I really do believe her CONNECTION to Shep is because of the GENE thing. In part because it was so BAM. And they kept bringing up the GENE and that they are more alike than he thinks. SO..yeah!

Comment

Working...
                                X