No announcement yet.

Joe Flanigan/John Sheppard Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a new favorite episode... Does anyone else agree that "Conversion" totally blew "Thirty Eight Minutes" out of the water?

JF was amazing!! His acting in the
    Spoiler:
    emotional whump
    scenes was absolutely incredible, and the
    Spoiler:
    Spider-Man
    bit was just mind-boggling. The whole time I was watching, I was thinking, "Now that's what I'm talkin' about!" We definitely had good reason to be going nuts these past 2 weeks...

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

It is definately one of the great s2 eps!! Very cool!

Comment

Originally posted by purpletoo1
        It is definately one of the great s2 eps!! Very cool!
        Just S2?

Sorry... going fangirlishly NUTS at this totally awesome eppy...

Comment

Originally posted by CeeKay Sheppard
          Just S2?

Me too! So much. I've actually read a few comments around that some felt there wasn't any character development. Say wha? The whole episode was character development. Weird how sometimes we see things completely different (and I mean people in general, not just Shep fangirls ).

Comment

Just S2?

S1 had it's own sheppard greatness! Hard to top The Eye, The Siege, 38 minutes, etc... but the angst in conversion was great acting...
            Spoiler:
            and the Teyla kiss, OMG, caught me off guard completely!! lol, was I the only one?

Comment

Originally posted by Naeara
              Me too! So much. I've actually read a few comments around that some felt there wasn't any character development. Say wha? The whole episode was character development. Weird how sometimes we see things completely different (and I mean people in general, not just Shep fangirls ).
              Don't worry about what people say, you wouldn't believe the stuff I've heard said about Ford. Just stick to your love for Sheppard and everyone else will come around. He was just great last night!

Comment

S1 had it's own sheppard greatness! Hard to top The Eye, The Siege, 38 minutes, etc...
                Hard, maybe, but certainly not impossible... "Conversion" certainly did it, IMO...

but the angst in conversion was great acting...
                You can say that again! I was an absolute puddle of goo at those scenes!

Spoiler:
                and the Teyla kiss, OMG, caught me off guard completely!! lol, was I the only one?
                No, you certainly weren't! And I'm sure I wasn't the only one
                Spoiler:
                imagining herself in Teyla's place...
                ::sigh:: ::THUNK:: ::ded::
                Last edited by CeeKay Sheppard; 10 September 2005, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Hard, maybe, but certainly not impossible... "Conversion" certainly did it, IMO...

You can say that again! I was an absolute puddle of goo at those scenes!

No certainly weren't! And I'm sure I wasn't the only one
                  Spoiler:
                  imagining herself in Teyla's place...
                  ::sigh:: ::THUNK:: ::ded::
                  Ah, thats for sure, I'd swap places!

Comment

Don't worry about what people say, you wouldn't believe the stuff I've heard said about Ford. Just stick to your love for Sheppard and everyone else will come around. He was just great last night!
                    Oh I do, heehee! I was just musing on different perspectives. That was definitely Joe's best performance to date.
                    Spoiler:
                    I can't wait for Epiphany now! I've heard rumours of backstory. Should be good.

Ah, thats for sure, I'd swap places!
                    I think we all would!
                    Spoiler:
                    Poor Teyla was pretty much speechless after. I think I would be too if I had just been kissed by that hawtness. Or I'd just jump him.

Comment

you better make sure he likes
                      Spoiler:
                      aggressive women first,
                      ROTF

Comment

you better make sure he likes
                        Spoiler:
                        aggressive women first,
                        ROTF
                        Well, apparently,
                        Spoiler:
                        he likes Teyla, and she's pretty aggressive...

Comment

Good point!!

Comment

Great screencaps thanks! I'm really pleased everyone enjoyed the eppie so much. Sometimes you look forward to an ep. so much and it doesn't live up to the expectations you have - glad Conversion did.
                            Don't worry Beanie, spoilers never ruin my enjoyment of all that is Shep/Joe. It's strange ,my hubby and kids hate spoilers, my brother and I love them!(guess my bro and I are plain weird and impatient).
                            Can't wait to see Conversion now! (Looks pleadingly in a certain direction!)
                            OOh bet there'll be lots of angsty FF now! Looking forward to that!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis2184
                              Does anyone notice that the first time we see John's bedroom in Conversion
                              Spoiler:
                              when he tells Beckett about his arm "infection"
                              , there is a guitar in background?
                              And when
                              Spoiler:
                              Weir come to see him when he is in the room with light turn off
                              , there is a frame/ picture where we can see a old man and a young boy (maybe John and his father).
                              And anybody saw the surfboard in the background ? And the skateboard ?
                              I wonder if it's Joe's idea of an inside-joke for his thunkers...

About Conversion : I think it's one of my fav eps in this season, just behind The Siege III. Probably one of my fav in the 2 seasons as well... But definitely better than 38 Minutes

Naeara : great caps Naeara !

Hah : love the idea of Shep House North America (especially if it's in Vancouver ! ) and Shep House Europe ! Neverending party on both continents ! *starts househunting... and saving money... this one will be the most difficult ! *
                              Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Hi everyone,

I've been busy studying but I just wanted to say that I thought Conversion was a good episode.

I was very impressed by Joe's acting and uh other bits.

Naera, thanks for the lovely caps.

Also,Beanie, congrats on 3500 posts!

Wow, how do you manage it? I've just realised that I'm falling behind with my studies because lately I've become a little Stargate obsessed!!! I've also realised that I really love the way Sheppy does his biting and licking his lips thing - does anyone else notice that he does that quite a bit or is it just me?

Is it my imagination or has Joe been working out? He sure looks A LOT fitter/muscular these days...

Take care all - I have to do some reading but keep the messages flowing (and thunking) coz I do check the forum all day.

Ta,
                                Alex

PS here is an angsty Sheppy, man, gotta love those smouldering looks!

Not sure if this one is ok to post - could be from Hot zone, but thought I should play it safe...
                                http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...n/Conver02.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X