Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exactly, Weir was typically the counterpoint to Shep's testosterone-y exuberance...that has set the tone since the beginning. It got sidetracked by the Weir vs. Caldwell thing but the multifaceted nature of the Weir character continues in so many ways.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wormhole View Post
      Agreed, for one we don’t even no yet how she can read both Ancient and Wraith so well.
      She can read Ancient (The Gift, Epiphany); I'm not sure about Wraith, tho I vaguely recall something about Wraith, Ancient and Latin being very similar due to their origins. I'd have to check to be sure.

And that's the thing. While it - and other aspects of her character - may have been shown in an ep, I don't think it's really been established.

I also don’t think they’ll kill the character of, for one it wouldn’t be a good start for the new Medical Doctor
      Very good point (although I've never felt that they would kill her off).

Originally posted by Hyperspace View Post
      Exactly, Weir was typically the counterpoint to Shep's testosterone-y exuberance...that has set the tone since the beginning. It got sidetracked by the Weir vs. Caldwell thing but the multifaceted nature of the Weir character continues in so many ways.
      The negotiation/force struggle is something I really to see. But for once, I'd like to see Elizabeth's negotiating actually pwn any attack Shep had planned. I'm fed up of seeing "but Weir failed at her negotiating and screwed themselves over." The scene where she negotiated with the Genii in Seige 2 was very powerful, imo, but bc so much has happened since, I think that one-off tends to be forgotten. So I'd like a chance for her to get that glory back.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie View Post
        She can read Ancient (The Gift, Epiphany); I'm not sure about Wraith, tho I vaguely recall something about Wraith, Ancient and Latin being very similar due to their origins. I'd have to check to be sure.
        It's Wraith in The Gift (seen the episode too much for my own good...don't think that's possible though ). As McKay is tapping the device they took from the Wraith-lab for information she mentions that the language looks familiar, and then later she mentions Wraith is a derivative of Ancient.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Thanks, FH! I thought it was something like that, just wasn't sure.

Comment

REMINDER FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO SEND A LETTER OF SUPPORT TO TORRI - TOMORROW (FEB. 15th) IS THE LAST DAY!

EMAIL YOUR LETTERS TO: [email protected]

AND A BIG THANK YOU TO THOSE WHO HAVE ALREADY SENT IN THEIR MESSAGES!

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
              REMINDER FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO SEND A LETTER OF SUPPORT TO TORRI - TOMORROW (FEB. 15th) IS THE LAST DAY!

Done.
              hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

LEADERSHIP: Why fix what ain't broke? Save Elizabeth Weir

Keep Elizabeth Weir as a REGULAR!

Comment

SallyLizzie
                Very good point (although I've never felt that they would kill her off).

Guess we can safely rule that one out then

How’s this for a scenario:-

Spoiler:
                The events that have taken place since The Real World. Haven’t been real????

Would explain somethings such as the muck ups we’ve had like the events taken place in irresponsible. The sudden change in uniform on some occasions The Return/Submersion
                Probably facing her worst fears.

1) Dealing with Koyla (Irresponsible)
                2) Losing the city to the enemy
                3) Losing a friend
                4) Confrontation with a Wraith Queen (Submersion)
                5) Possibility of having to step down

Maybe the Nanites are still are still very much in control and are playing with her?
                The writers tricked some of us out once before with Progeny thinking Sheppard and co. escaped the sell. Are they doing it again????

Perhaps the reason for her being a significant player in next years story arc?

You never know perhapes one way of getting Carson and Koyla back in the game
                BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

Just sent one. Sorry to be so late. I've been busy with RL.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Snail mail addresses can be found here:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=851

or at www.SaveElizabethWeir.com

Keep those letters coming everyone! Let our voice be heard!

Comment

Originally posted by Wormhole View Post
                      How’s this for a scenario:-

Spoiler:
                      The events that have taken place since The Real World. Haven’t been real????

You never know perhapes one way of getting Carson and Koyla back in the game
                      I will spork me eyes out if they pull a Bobby Ewing on us! Seriously, while it's one way of doing things, I think it just demeans everything that's happened - or not happened, as the case may be.

The latter, I can very much see happening. Aswell as all the possible AUs. Once a major character has died, I prefer for them not to come back as imo it cheapens their death. But there's certain characters I wouldn't mind seeing again in a scenario like yours.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie View Post
                        I will spork me eyes out if they pull a Bobby Ewing on us! Seriously, while it's one way of doing things, I think it just demeans everything that's happened - or not happened, as the case may be.

The latter, I can very much see happening. Aswell as all the possible AUs. Once a major character has died, I prefer for them not to come back as imo it cheapens their death. But there's certain characters I wouldn't mind seeing again in a scenario like yours.
                        lol It would certainly be a big Oh NO! They’ve caught us out again with that type of thing.

Honestly though, I’ve lost count how many mistakes/changes there has been since The Real World. I’m now beginning to wonder if they were put in deliberately.

Spoiler:
                        Backing up to The Real World it could be that the Nanites probably thought they weren’t winning using Earth as a full back so way not try Atlantis????

Now runs away Before I get any other bright ideas
                        BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

I just hope the 'arc' they have planned for Weir doesn't have anything to do with her having her version of Replicator!Carter (which would be Asuran!Weir) or Wraith!Weir. I think I'd be equally disappointed if they just left her in a coma or she recovered back on Earth.

Heck, actually, I think I'm just disappointed at TPTB in general.

Comment

Email addresses are here: (if anyone has one to add, let me know)

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected] (they printed my letter! Keep emailing them!)

Email TV guide:
                            [email protected]

OR do a JEER to TPTB here:

cheers&[email protected]

Has Atlantis jumped the shark? Email: [email protected]

Quick reminder - even if you've already sent in emails - please keep sending more. We need to keep up the pressure. Thanks, everyone!!

Comment

I just hope the 'arc' they have planned for Weir doesn't have anything to do with her having her version of Replicator!Carter (which would be Asuran!Weir) or Wraith!Weir. I think I'd be equally disappointed if they just left her in a coma or she recovered back on Earth.

Heck, actually, I think I'm just disappointed at TPTB in general.
                              I wouldnt mind a EVIL!Lizzie, I think it could work much better than Replicarter.
                              Although it all depends on how they do it
                              sigpic

Comment

I don’t if you’ve all seen in the Carson thread but looks like some letters have been posted in the SFX magazine, glad to see SFX came through for us … Will pick a copy up tomorrow to look at.
                                BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

Working...
                                X