This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"She's going to be a welcome addition."
    Sure, look at the all happy faces around here.

"I would love, of course, to bring SG1 people over"
    Atlantis: SG1, who would resist. Do it, you have full support of...I don´t know...does anyone support this?

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Sheer idiocy. They've made terrible decisions recently, but I didn't think they'd go this far.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
        Just as a preemptive thing, let's keep in mind that whatever decisions get made, none of the blame should fall on Amanda- she's contractually obligated to go where the producers tell her. She may not want to be on Atlantis any more than certain fans, but if TPTB dump her in Atlantis, there isn't much she can do.
        I don't blame Amanda. Like you said, she's not responsible for whatever the TPTB come up with.

@Alipeeps:
        Spoiler:
        Then maybe it's the reason why. Elizabeth might be stuck on Earth and that would be why she would only be recurring in some eps, or I could hope...

Comment

This is a very bad choose
          sigpic
          Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
            We need to come up with a slogan. What should we say? "Save Elizabeth Weir. Leader of Atlantis".

How does that sound? ANyone have suggestions?
            How about just "Save Atlantis" with a picture of Weir? Shows we consider Weir = Atlantis without wasting any words.
            Keep Carson. Keep Elizabeth.
            Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14
            -Clueless Lemming Cretin-

Image by Cailliath

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
              I believe Brad's exact words were "Torri Higginson will be returning.. for some period... she will be a recurring character."

What really bugs me is the way he said it - like it was big, exciting, GOOD news and not a demotion and not yet ANOTHER unneccessary cast change!
              They acted all excited like that with the departure of Ford. As if his recurring role was going to be so much greater than being a main part of the cast ...and look how that turned out. He did have a few good episodes as a "recurring" character but it was only a few and now no more.

This is probably the biggest turn-off moment for me. I don't care for all of the cast changes. One of the reasons I always loved watching Stargate (both of 'em) was that it was heavily promoted that it was one big happy family and the job was loads of fun, no one had any super huge egos and they all seemed like normal, good people in the interviews. Well, at least the actors anyway.

I can't imagine a family atmosphere and good times if there is zero job security. Yes, you're a member of the main cast, but don't let that fool you into thinking you are a valuable member of the cast or actually play a "main cast" role. As others have said, my favorite team dynamic is that of Weir, Sheppard and McKay. I haven't heard the interview, no way could I listen to Brad Wright for that length of period, but if what is being reported is accurate, then I'll have to say I'm probably not going to be watching anymore. I don't really care about it being part of the job and the risks involved attitude. I watched Stargate because they seemed to be loyal to the main cast ...what a joke. I've lost most hope for the producers and writers of this show. It's not the show I was looking for if they are indeed making all these cast changes. Perhaps it's time to starting axing some of the "creative" powers instead of the cast. Putting in new actors doesn't fix the real problem, which is supporting what you have and making what you have work. New faces on the tube, in the exact same roles, won't help that.

I like Ronon, but to me, there is little difference in the role he is playing and the role Ford played. They could have done much more with the Ford character by not eliminating and replacing his spot on the team with a new permanent cast addition. They could have had a temp on that spot on the team and integrated him back into the fold after his ordeal ...that would have been interesting. Nope though, lets take the easy way out for the writers who couldn't figure out what to do with the character and add another.

So if true what does this mean ...it means there will only be three remaining main cast members of the original group. We started out with Weir, Sheppard, McKay, Teyla and Ford, and for all intents and purposes, Carson. What remains is Sheppard, McKay and Teyla of the original group. What the h*** is that!? What that is is STUPID!

Comment

Originally posted by jenks
                Best news I've heard in along time regarding Atlantis. I've never liked Weir other than in Lost City, hopefully this will signal a new chapter in the Atlantis story
                This is a Save Dr. Weir thread. If you are not interested, leave. I have reported you to the mods and trolls are not welcome here.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicky View Post

But then again, if they are planning to get rid off of her, who's going to replace Elizabeth as the leader of Atlantis? Someone in the military? So not possible, the IOA would never accept it. Another diplomat? Maybe, but then I don't think it would be such a good idea seeing as members of the expedition and especially Shep's team are not going to stay put and observe. So no, I can't see anyone else that could get accepted as the head of the expedition besides Elizabeth.

Remind me again why they're not cut from Earth anymore?
                  Hi, even so I hardly post in this forum, this just screams for a post! This just so sucks! How can TPTB be so stupid? First Carson and now Elizabeth? haven't thes seen the reactions to cutting Carson? Did they honestly believe with Elizabeth it would be like yeah! They are getting rid of her!? STUPID!!!!

I was thinking that maybe they will have Carter replace Elizabeth. I know she is military but maybe whatever happens in the season final will change the IOA's mind. Plus Carter IS a scientist and has been on SG1 for years.
                  But still, this would be so stupid. Carter doesn't belong in Antlantis. She had her 11 years, let others like Elizabeth and Carson have their time!

God I really could TPTB right now!
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Cailliath - Thanks! And thanks to Leelakin for making the Clubcards!

+ = Squee!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post

Atlantis: SG1, who would resist. Do it, you have full support of...I don´t know...does anyone support this?
                    I support Weir leaving, but I aren't particularly fond of the idea of Carter coming to Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
                      Try this:
                      http://stargatesg1.com/MediaPlayer.a...tItemId=213322

Go to 41:00 into the interview.
                      Thanks, got it.

I checked, cos I mentioned Brad's exact words in a different thread earlier and what he said was:

"Torri Higginson is also coming back for some period of time... she's going to be a recurring character"

This was specifically in response to a question asking about cast changes in Season 4 (he mentioned about Carter coming to Atlantis and then about Torri).
                      The thing that struck me while sitting through this whole thing staring daggers at BW was how smug he was. I mean, have you ever seen a man more out of touch with the fans he kept implying were important? *kicks Brad Wright and the horse he rode in on into the middle of next week*

I wanted to hurl every time he mentioned the fans and what they like. He knows, or claims to know, what we like and then pulls a stunt like this. It seemed like he was aware of rumors that she might be leaving. Otherwise, why mention her and none of the others? Odd.

Is it possible AT will take over her job, or will she stick to her flying carpet ship? Sorry, I'm a little upset, and when I get upset I get more sarcastic.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I love this show, I really do but with every new cast change announced I have to wonder if this is even going to BE the same show in Season 4?!!
                        I wouldn't be surprised if the big change in dynamics turns people away, nor would I be surprised id S4 was the last season ever.

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                        Just as a preemptive thing, let's keep in mind that whatever decisions get made, none of the blame should fall on Amanda-
                        Agreed. I have nothing against Amanda, she's a wonderful actress who always brings a lot to the screen. So I understand TPTB wanting to keep hold of her, but sometimes sacrifices have to made for the greater good.

Comment

Originally posted by Blower'sGate View Post
                          It's the least we can hope!
                          If it is because of something like that and is Torri's choice then I guess I can live with it - whilst I would be disappointed, I wouldn't begrudge any of the cast their real life needs and wants - but if it is entirely TPTB's choice then... agh, words just fail me.

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                          If it were the ONLY change being made, that might be one thing, but amid a torrent of major changes it makes me question (more than ever) if TPTB know what they're doing. I'm thinking they don't have a clue.
                          Precisely. I am not automatically averse to change but there is a limit to how much change can be expected to be absorbed by an audience all in one go - they are making four major changes all at once and all of them related to the cast - given that the characters in a show are a large part of what draws and retains audience interest, I feel we have a right to be legitimately concerned for how all these changes are going to change the show.

I just can't see Season 4 remotely resembling the show I know and love with the dynamic screwed with to such an extent.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jenks
                            Best news I've heard in along time regarding Atlantis. I've never liked Weir other than in Lost City, hopefully this will signal a new chapter in the Atlantis story
                            I've got nothing against you but please just keep in mind that it's a " Save Dr Weir campaign " thread, you've got plenty of right to be glad of TPTB's decision, but this thread is for the people who want her to stay on the show as a main character so just don't mess with us... let's not start a war here ( again ).

Comment

I swear, I'm about to open a massive can of WHUPASS on these *******s...
                              hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

LEADERSHIP: Why fix what ain't broke? Save Elizabeth Weir

Keep Elizabeth Weir as a REGULAR!

Comment

nope, TPTB have no clue what they're doing

Does anyone have any ideas for a slogan for a save Elizabeth Weir sig?

Comment

Working...
                                X