Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found the thread about Lorne leaving Atlantis and if that's all it is, I'm keeping it in the wild rumor category although I suppose after tonight (is it tonight?) the truth will make itself known one way or another.

Still waiting for verification on the "Sam taking over Atlantis" story, but even if she is I still don't see a need to attack the character.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post

Having Carter take over instead of Sheppard could be a thinly disguised attempt to return to their original idea that Sheppard and Weir were supposed to be antagonists. RC even admitted in the Season 1 companion book that this plan had not worked for some reason. He seemed baffled as to why. *stops to heave sigh of frustration* Now they may see a chance to try that again with Carter. Though I don't think it will work this time either. I don't see any ship possibility with those two, but I can't imagine Shep and Carter disagreeing all that much.

If Carter comes in as a replacement to Weir, and then takes away his command and tries to tell him what to do? Oh, he'll disagree alright.

I don't actually see anyone following Carter's orders if Shep counteracts them. Especially if they're cut off from Earth and can't be court martialed. Ooh, mutiny! This plot line may have potential after all...
      They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
      Spoiler:
      Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by TJuk View Post
        Affectively Carter is replacing Weir AND Sheppard (as both leaders).
        Good point. If this awful latest rumour is indeed true then they are totally and utterly screwing with the dynamic (and god, I didn't think it was POSSIBLE to do that any more than they already had!) by not only bringing in an already well-established/over-exposed character for a significant chunk of the series but by shoving her in right at the top of the food chain, putting her in the top dog position in charge of everyone else!

That's not a recurring guest role - that's a frakking hostile takeover!!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
          Atlantis: SG1, that's what you'll be watching. Cos apparently that's what TPTB want and frak what the Atlantis fans want. they can't accept that their favourite damn show is, after an unprecedented 10 year run, over and so they're gonna take OUR damn show, that we happend to love just the way it is, thanks awfully, and turn it into a shoddy, poorly-conceived replica of their fave.

But hey, that's great because you know what? Some of the SG1 fans might watch the show if they do that! Great news, huh? [/sarcasm]
          Totally agree. They just can't let it go.

Comment

Now I'm beginning to understand why it was said back then when SG-1 was canceled that the show would live on somehow. I've always thought they would use the third series to do that, not Atlantis. If SG-1 is taking over SGA, please don't stop with Carter. Bring on all the whole gang!

In fact, the only funny thing about this story is that SCI FI canceled SG-1 in favor of Atlantis' fourth season, and now they will end up getting SG-1A. Then again, maybe SCI FI is behind the whole thing in an attempt to improve SGA's ratings by bringing in more SG-1 fans to Atlantis...
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starfox View Post
              If Carter comes in as a replacement to Weir, and then takes away his command and tries to tell him what to do? Oh, he'll disagree alright.
              While I like your mutiny scenario, what I can't see is *Carter* doing anything to piss off Shep in the first place -- in all her years on SG-1, she's never been confrontational with *anybody* in a significant way. So if she does take command of Atlantis and manages to step on Shep's toes, to the degree that she actually incites mutiny -- I'd feel like I was watching pod Carter. Not that I think anything is beyond TPTB at this moment...

Oh, and btw, if Carter really does step in as commander of Atlantis, she also superceeds McKay as top scientist...
              Keep Carson. Keep Elizabeth.
              Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14
              -Clueless Lemming Cretin-

Image by Cailliath

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
                Suzotchka - we should include all the banners for both Carson and Elizabeth...show TPTB just how pissed off we are.
                I agree. As I said, I encourage everyone to use their Save Weir/Save Carson/ Save Weir & Carson Sigs.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                  Found the thread about Lorne leaving Atlantis and if that's all it is, I'm keeping it in the wild rumor category although I suppose after tonight (is it tonight?) the truth will make itself known one way or another.
                  Yeah, it's defintely still a rumor. We'll have to wait and see. I believe we'll find out tonight.

Although, if we're taking the "soft reset" seriously and Atlantis is cut off from Earth then it would stand to reason that we might lose Lorne in this ep too. He goes to Earth for family reasons in "Sunday," stays gone over the course of a couple eps, and then maybe can't get back? It might open the door for Michael Beach. I'm just thinking out loud. Sorry. Ignore me.

Comment

[QUOTE=Night Spring;6203141]While I like your mutiny scenario, what I can't see is *Carter* doing anything to piss off Shep in the first place -- in all her years on SG-1, she's never been confrontational with *anybody* in a significant way. So if she does take command of Atlantis and manages to step on Shep's toes, to the degree that she actually incites mutiny -- I'd feel like I was watching pod Carter. Not that I think anything is beyond TPTB at this moment...

Oh, and btw, if Carter really does step in as commander of Atlantis, she also superceeds McKay as top scientist...[/QUOTE]
                    Salt in the wounds

Comment

Originally posted by Night Spring
                      While I like your mutiny scenario, what I can't see is *Carter* doing anything to piss off Shep in the first place -- in all her years on SG-1, she's never been confrontational with *anybody* in a significant way. So if she does take command of Atlantis and manages to step on Shep's toes, to the degree that she actually incites mutiny -- I'd feel like I was watching pod Carter. Not that I think anything is beyond TPTB at this moment...

Oh, and btw, if Carter really does step in as commander of Atlantis, she also superceeds McKay as top scientist...
                      Yeah, but we can hope, right? I mean, I'd rather have pod-Carter than have everyone just go along with her. Besides, I would only be able to stand Sam if she grew a backbone. And a personality.

If she takes over McKay's post, we have room for yet another McKay centric episode (he's my favorite character, but guys, overkill?). This one can discuss how betrayed he feels and then Carter will find out and they'll make up and he'll go back to crushing on her and...

I'm sorry, I had to go vomit.
                      They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
                      Spoiler:
                      Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Comment

Look to see Carter promoted early in the season to full-bird colonel [necessary for her to outrank Sheppard] and taking on the leadership of the Atlantis mission in Weir’s place.
                        You mean they wouldn't promote Carter on SG1 so that she was the leader of the team when deservedly it should have been her and NOT Cameron Mitchell as the team leader. Yet they think that it's her due to not only be the ranking military person on Atlantis but to also be the overall leader???? So she didn't deserve it on SG1 with a team that she worked with for 10 years to save the world time and time again but she deserves to be the Hammond and O'Neill for Atlantis????

I'm sorry but Weir is the leader of Atlantis and should remain that way and if for some off the wall reason she should be removed then Lt. Col. Sheppard should be in charge of the mission. He's the one that's given 3 years of his blood, sweat and tears to ensure the safety of the people on Atlantis as well as citizens of the Pegasus Galaxy.

This is ridiculous!!!

Comment

You know, I've never been a Sam fan. Granted, I'm still new in the fandom, but I've seen a cross-section of the character through the seasons, and she just becomes more and more Mary Sue. That's why I like Weir, because she makes mistakes, gigantic ones (the end of season 2, anyone?) but she learns from them. Gets stronger, but doesn't forget at what level the cost was. How is that *not* a good character to write for? In books, I'd be thrilled for a heroine to have that kind of backbone, internal strength. They're a rare character, especially in the female department, and to waste just screams laziness and inability to connect with the audience any longer.

Thanks leelakin for the ID Card.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
                            New report at savestargatesg1.com

Don't know if it's just sarcasm, but this is what it says at the end:

"Now Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis creators, executive producers and writers Brad Wright have confirmed the heavy presence we were predicting for Tapping in Season 4 of Atlantis: the studio has exercised the option on her contract and she’s in for 14 episodes. Look to see Carter promoted early in the season to full-bird colonel [necessary for her to outrank Sheppard] and taking on the leadership of the Atlantis mission in Weir’s place. The Season 3 finale will lead to an early departure for Weir in S4, but it’s good news for fans of the character that she’s not being killed off and may return later in the season."

http://savestargatesg1.com/news/?p=553
                            This was a fans opinion, a person putting his own spin on what Brad Wright and Robert Cooper said in the interviews that were posted yesterday or late Saturday. You can read or listen to RC and BW to see that they didn't mention a promotion for Carter at all. They also didn't say heavy presence, only that she would be there for 14 episodes... not sure if this means the entire episode or just parts of the episodes.

I don't see this as Sam taking over for Weir at all and nothing in the interviews suggested she would! Weir could be reoccuring and still be in every episode... I too don't want to see Weir get less screen time!! I was hoping for some great Sam and Weir scenes... two strong smart capable women having conversation about the latest mission, or solving the next problem brought on by the Wraith.

Comment

another sci-fi show that will bite the dust soon

Comment

Can we have a thread just for all the great sigs being made? It would make it easier to find them and choose, instead of having to hunt though the thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X