Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
    It looks like he's just spotted a herd of worshippers grazing at the picnic tables.
    An oppertunity to good to miss... For the worshippers, of course
    If found, is probably lost on the way to Azaroth or the Pegasus Galaxy
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Draygon View Post
      An oppertunity to good to miss... For the worshippers, of course
      Well, he is rather gorgeous.
      sigpic

Comment

Mmmm. I just fancy a walk in the woods right now.
        Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
        Those woods could start getting a little crowded - and that wraith could find himself spoilt for choice for picnic items!!!
        It looks like he's just spotted a herd of worshippers grazing at the picnic tables.

Why am I hearing Yogi Bear saying, "Hey, Boo Boo. I have found some pic-a-nic baskets!"

Speaking of picnics...geekywraith's sig inspired this:

das

(For those unfamiliar with Yogi and Twinkies: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twinkie - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yogi_Bear)
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post

Why am I hearing Yogi Bear saying, "Hey, Boo Boo. I have found some pic-a-nic baskets!"

das
          I'll share my Twinkies with you any time, Todd!!!
          sigpic
          Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

I haven't the faintest idea. We didn't name any Wraith Yogi and Boo Boo.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
              I'll share my Twinkies with you any time, Todd!!!

I would love to see Todd become addicted to something like Twinkies. I mean, couldn't you just see the episode when Todd's on the bridge of the Daedalus, and they're under attack and everyone's in a panic? Todd steps forward and - with all eyes on him - he dramatically stands tall and drops two Twinkies down out of his coat sleeves! I can just see the looks he'd get now...

Spoiler:

Now I REALLY gotta go! Goofing off, goofing off! Ack!

das
              Last edited by dasNdanger; 07 March 2009, 06:51 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Todd steps forward and - with all eyes on him - he dramatically stands tall and drops two Twinkies down out of his coat sleeves?? I can just see the looks he'd get now...

Spoiler:
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith Cake View Post
                  I couldn't agree more. I think the problem is perspective and maturity. It takes a great deal of courage (perspective), and the willingness to accept yourself (maturity) despite your faults to be willing to listen to criticism about your character from others. Unless you have that perspective, you will always come up with excuses for your behaviour rather that simply take responsibility for them. It's not the end of the world. Actually, there's rarely anything at stake to accept criticisms about your thinking or behaviour. Perhaps the only time it could be dangerous to accept criticism is when you are a politician, simply because the ideas of responsibility and blame are often confused. WK
                  Accepting criticism about your thinking or behaviour is a very difficult thing for many reasons. I will place my following blabbing under the spoiler tag because it is not wraith-related .
                  Spoiler:
                  A lot depends on context of situation, critics’ true intentions and attitude toward a person you dare criticize. The way you state your points is also very important.

I personally find it very irritating when people who evidently consider themselves wise, infallible or maybe very spiritual individuals judge others before they even know them, on various pretexts. I would prefer to be considered a fool or hopeless sinner — at least you would save your time and nerves that you will spend allowing them to self-affirm.

Of course, there are situations you have to interfere in (for example, you have been asked for advice) and people who are open and respectful to our words and arguments. But my experience also has shown that when I try to explain my approach to the problem to someone, I can make the other person mad or offended, even if I try to be VERY polite when tell. You know, recently I had not too pleasant conversation with my friend who enjoyed delving into her own/family members/friends/colleagues’ horoscopes and shifting the blame onto negative transits and her incompatibility with other people she deals with. This time she started to complain about her «b****y» chief... who made a row because she went on leave and left her work unfinished. I said that her problems have nothing in common with the astrology and if such a thing had happened in my department and I was a chief, I would have kept some money from her payment, because she gave the whole group of people a lot of troubles. She found me heartless and was sulky with me for a while. Perhaps she thought that friends should agree on everything you tell/feel/do and have the same opinions and thoughts.

Finally, sometime you just ask yourself - is there any sense of doing that? Who gave you the right to tell other people that they were wrong and instruct them? They are not obliged to share your conceptions and very often can show more wise attitude or skill to cope with the life tasks than we got used to think
                  ~ Created by Draygon ~

Comment

oh my nearly 200 pages have sprung up since i last checked the thread however long ago. i'll never be able to read them all though they mostly seem to be about pants lol
                    Quietly, so as not to alarm anyone, she began to go insane

Comment

Originally posted by rien View Post
                      oh my nearly 200 pages have sprung up since i last checked the thread however long ago. i'll never be able to read them all though they mostly seem to be about pants lol

Yeah...we were on a roll...

Several nice pictures to check out on those pages, though. And good to see you again!

das
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith Cake View Post
                        Other than being a "useful" ally at times, the Lantians have not thought of the wraith in any other respect. They have assumed the role of saviour to the Pegasus Galaxy, therefore it seems like this justifies why they can go on killing the wraith. This is one of the many reasons why I have suspected Carson Beckett of skewing the findings regarding the wraith's genetics (possibly unintentionally of course). If there can be a medical cause to further disassociate the wraith from human DNA, humans which really are top of the food chain, can also justify killing them off, because hey after all they really are just large cockroaches.

WK
                        I think that the pronoun «it» they use for sentient beings whose gender is known to the speaker characterizes them perfectly. Also I find the way they treat Ellia (feeling of disgust is dominant) very revealing in this respect.
                        ~ Created by Draygon ~

Comment

Originally posted by rien View Post
                          WDC members amended script transcripts for our own version of SGA. The result was far more entertaining than the original.
                          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the laughs! Poor Boris!!

das
                            Thanks. Glad you liked them.

Originally Posted by ciannwn
                            He'll find his true love one day. He's just not falling for the right Queen.
                            Yes poor Boris.. Someday he will meet the right Queen.
                            Crowley: ‘Give Me Coffee or Give Me Death.’ It’s a funny name for a coffee shop.
                            Nina: Everything else was taken.

Comment

das
                              Funny.
                              Crowley: ‘Give Me Coffee or Give Me Death.’ It’s a funny name for a coffee shop.

Comment

Ah well, I gotta go...chores to do. But I will leave you with this...

There is nothing more beautiful than a predator in his natural habitat...

Mmmm....

das
                                I would love to be chased by him... Having fun playing hide and seek with a beautiful predator.

Comment

Working...
                                X