Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WraithHumor View Post
    That massive drool makes me laugh every time!
    Spoiler:

And yet, we still love him.

das
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WraithHumor View Post
      That massive drool makes me laugh every time!
      I guess mum never taught him good table manners . She was a career-oriented lady.

BTW, I am wondering how do they raise their kids. Any thoughts?
      ~ Created by Draygon ~

Comment

Originally posted by Solla View Post
        I guess mum never taught him good table manners . She was a career-oriented lady.

BTW, I am wondering how do they raise their kids. Any thoughts?
        I would assume that their upbringing is a harsh one, preparing them for the warriors and predators they are to become. Theirs is a brutal society, no room for weakness. I'm not saying that they show NO kindness towards one another, but if they do, it wears a brutal veil.

das
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
          Spoiler:

And yet, we still love him.

das
          I see you keep your pictures close at hand It seems to me he was spitting onto his «friend’s» plate.
          ~ Created by Draygon ~

Comment

I would assume that their upbringing is a harsh one, preparing them for the warriors and predators they are to become. Theirs is a brutal society, no room for weakness. I'm not saying that they show NO kindness towards one another, but if they do, it wears a brutal veil.

das
            I agree and I'd like to add a question to all of you:
            Would you say they have a school system or do they just accumulate their knowledge over the millenia?
            I'd say they get some basic training and then maybe choose a specific area of expertise.
            How much knowledge can they accumulate anyhow?
            They don't have to be smarter than humans just because they live longer.

EDIT: I'm sorry if this question should have been discussed already.

Comment

das
              I think you are right about the whole treatment. Common sense suggests that they are harsh and exacting parents. But there are other questions. Do fathers matter? Do they allow their worshippers to look after their children?
              ~ Created by Draygon ~

Comment

I think you are right about the whole treatment. Common sense suggests that they are harsh and exacting parents. But there are other questions. Do fathers matter? Do they allow their worshippers to look after their children?
                Would certainly give a whole new dimension to trying to make sure the kids in your care don't bite!
                sigpic
                Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Seeing that their society is so queen-fixated I would say to them it doesn't matter who their father is. Rises another question though: Does their parentage influence their status in society?
                  I don't think they let their children be tended to by worshippers. That could encourage empathy and compassion towards their (the children's) later food source.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post
                    I agree and I'd like to add a question to all of you:
                    Would you say they have a school system or do they just accumulate their knowledge over the millenia?
                    I'd say they get some basic training and then maybe choose a specific area of expertise.
                    How much knowledge can they accumulate anyhow?
                    They don't have to be smarter than humans just because they live longer.

EDIT: I'm sorry if this question should have been discussed already.
                    I would assume they have mentors and instructors, not sure about a school system (at any rate as we see it). Plus their special mental abilities allow them to perceive information by direct contact with their "teacher's" consciousness. That's how I see this matter in a few words
                    ~ Created by Draygon ~

Comment

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
                      Would certainly give a whole new dimension to trying to make sure the kids in your care don't bite!

Of course, they bite! Even human kids bite each other and their parents (occasionally)

PS. It brings up another question - about punishments
                      ~ Created by Draygon ~

Comment

Seeing that their society is so queen-fixated I would say to them it doesn't matter who their father is.
                        It's hard to tell. Since their nation is obsessed with strength it means that a typical queen would choose the best partner to mate. I also tend to think that males are involved with their off-springs, because their queens are busy with another, obviously more important matters (1), masked warriors are semi-sentient beings while someone who is intelligent and high-developed has more complex needs (2) and (here I completely agree) they would hardly entrust their children to humans, just because they don't consider them equal (3). Finally, being cared for and caring for others is common to all the social species (4).
                        ~ Created by Draygon ~

Comment

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post

Comment

I would assume they have mentors and instructors, not sure about a school system (at any rate as we see it). Plus their special mental abilities allow them to perceive information by direct contact with their "teacher's" consciousness. That's how I see this matter in a few words
                            That makes sense. And it makes me wish I was telepathic too. That would have made learning easier in school.

It's hard to tell. Since their nation is obsessed with strength it means that a typical queen would choose the best partner to mate. I also tend to think that males are involved with their off-springs, because their queens are busy with another, obviously more important matters (1), masked warriors are semi-sentient beings while someone who is intelligent and high-developed has more complex needs (2) and (here I completely agree) they would hardly entrust their children to humans, just because they don't consider them equal (3). Finally, being cared for and caring for others is common to all the social species (4).
                            Yes for all four points. I also have the theory that queens would only consider to mate with the best possible partner. Although the thought has crossed my mind that with some insect species like the praying mantis or spiders the females kill the males after mating. Call me weird but I think it's possible that female Wraith could also kill their males so the father wouldn't have a chance to help raising his kids. But maybe that's just me having funny ideas.

Comment

Call me weird but I think it's possible that female Wraith could also kill their males so the father wouldn't have a chance to help raising his kids. But maybe that's just me having funny ideas.
                              Oh, you're not the only one to think of it! We've discussed this idea from time to time on the WDC. I personally like it.
                              My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
                              Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
                              sigpic

Comment

Darn! I agree with all of your points, and Wraith society seems too harsh! I know I would be a gonner in a heartbeat! lol

I think the whole not raising wraith kids around humans is the same reason why most wraith in general try not to talk too much or associate with humans, such as the Lanteans. Todd became to close to John, and is now always around him like a friend. To others, he should stop hesitating and feed on him already, but he likes socializing with the Lanteans. No one wants to willingly feed on their close friends!

And no, after seeing that pic of Shawn, I would not kiss him! Call me prissy, but he would be out the door! lol
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X