X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MCH View Post
    Yeah you and me both, yup just a tad smitten

MCH

EDIT actually you, me.WK Laura Dove, and the list goes on........
    And me, don't forget me. I've even been tracking down all of Christopher Heyerdahl's appearances in shows and movies. Because I love Todd so much, I can't help but love Christopher too, he is Todd in a way, especially his voice. Todd of course comes first in my heart

I was thinking about Todd again today (barely a minute goes by where I don't since seeing Infection). Remember in Common Ground:
    TODD: You are in pain?
    SHEPPARD: Well I just got fed on by a wraith how do you think I feel?
    TODD: I would not know.
    Maybe after Todd goes through the pain of having a Queen bug feed on him, he'll be able to sit down, have a cold one with Sheppard and discuss the hell they've both been through
    Actually I have never wanted to swap places with a bug so much in my life...imagine sucking on that sweet neck, only I'd be a nice bug and do it ever so gently

Also I was thinking about his seemingly new use of the word "bug". How can a guy who knows that "Ingeniuser" is not a word (BAMSR), not have heard or used the word "bug" before?
    Last edited by Todds worshipper; 09 December 2008, 08:58 PM.
    sigpic
    Cass Todd -

Comment

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
      Hi guys, just want to introduce myself. I've posted in the Todd thunk thread, too, so my apologies if I'm not supposed to have done that, I'm new to forums!
      As you may have guessed by now I have a serious crush on Todd - while I'm willing to join the queue I should warn y'all that I have sharp elbows!
      I started watching SGA with the ep where they killed Steve as a POW... isn't that against the Geneva Convention?
      Anyways, I'm no Sheppard fan cos he treats Todd so bad...
      Anyway, just wanted to say hi y'all and I'm so glad I'm not the only one with *exotic* taste in men!!!
      a very warm and wraithy welcom, Todd's Pet

Originally posted by leksa View Post
      Spoiler:

Not only vitamins. There has to be more. The Wraith can hibernates for several centuries. And this leads me to my favorite question: How come the Wraith themselves never got around to develop an alternative food source?

why are we humans not trying to change our bodies and digestive system to be able to gain nutrition from cellulose...would save the world's food problem if we could just munch away on wood and grass, wouldn't it?

sigpic

Comment

First - a warm welcome to all new Wraith Defenders! The more, the merrier!

Originally posted by Sparrow_hawk View Post
        Das, you are such a fangirl!
        I know. (I just hope that you-know-who really does NOT read this stuff...or else I would simply die.)

Originally posted by leksa View Post
        ...Now I'll start to watch Sanctuary too, just to see him there too.

I agree with you that glimpse of personality trough the gestures, expressions, mannerisms are exactly the things which makes man attractive.
        I will turn around to see handsome man, but I would go on a date only with the guy who smites me with his personality. Regardless his actual physical attractiveness.
        Admittedly, it's an acquired taste - just ask masterling. But I find myself really liking the stories - they are more character-driven, and at the same time they often have interesting plot twists and turns. First ep I really liked, second ep was the weakest but introduced an important element to the series - and from there each week has just gotten better and better, in my humble opinion. There is a slow, but progressive, revealing and development of the characters...you feel as if the story is moving forward, and not always boomeranging like SGA.

To give you all a taste of what Chris is like in this - here's a bit from one of the Webisodes (this does not appear in the tv show, watch the first 8 minutes, until John/Jack the Ripper disappears. If you watch a little more, you will see a nice scene with Chris as bigfoot, too...lovely hands...) - his range is amazing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQpa8lCv55s

When he buries his face in Amanda's hair (then kisses his daughter's head), all I can do is think of Todd doing something similar...*thunk*

I dunno - I just find the man extremely sexy...with or without hair!

Originally posted by Sparrow_hawk View Post
        Wow! I didn't even notice the background music. But thematic links, musical or otherwise can be important and I think the guy who does the SGA music would do something like that. The music is one of the things that I have always enjoyed about the show.

I wonder if (Enemy at the Gate musings/spoilers)
        Spoiler:
        they send the MALP to the same address where Todd went to find the Iratus Bug queen to contact him? Or if more time has passed and Todd is somewhere else and uses the MALP to contact the folks at Atlantis?
        Spoiler:
        Very possible. I was wondering if it was something like that, too. Or...perhaps, they have sent Todd on a mission, and he's communicating to them through the malp - but I like your idea better. The problem is that jumpsuit. IF Todd is all better, dressed in his spiffy leather coat, then why is he later in a jumpsuit? Or, is the jumpsuit scene before the malp scene?? I guess we won't know for another month...

das

@ WK - Well, not going to get into the issues - but, for me, the bottom line is that the Wraith have a tried and true method of survival - one that works very well for them. With the exception of the current crisis, there is no need for them to change - thus they are not evil for refusing to find a different way. But then again, it all comes down to how we view the Wraith, and I just can't compare them to humans because they are something different. Are they brutal at times? Yes. Do I love everything they do? No. But, the basic Wraith, feeding in order to live, I have no problem with and will never see it as evil. The stuff you say about humans, mostly I agree with that. I'm just gonna leave it at that, seeing as how this is fiction and all.

Originally posted by Todds worshipper View Post
        And me, don't forget me. I've even been tracking down all of Christopher Heyerdahl's appearances in shows and movies. Because I love Todd so much, I can't help but love Christopher too, he is Todd in a way, especially his voice. Todd of course comes first in my heart

I was thinking about Todd again today (barely a minute goes by where I don't since seeing Infection). Remember in Common Ground:
        TODD: You are in pain?
        SHEPPARD: Well I just got fed on by a wraith how do you think I feel?
        TODD: I would not know.
        Maybe after Todd goes through the pain of having a Queen bug feed on him, he'll be able to sit down, have a cold one with Sheppard and discuss the hell they've both been through
        Actually I have never wanted to swap places with a bug so much in my life...imagine sucking on that sweet neck, only I'd be a nice bug and do it ever so gently

Also I was thinking about his seemingly new use of the word "bug". How can a guy who knows that "Ingeniouser" is not a word (BAMSR), not have heard or used the word "bug" before?

This also raises the question - remember when Todd told Sheppard that he was 'stronger than any human he had ever fed upon'?? In light of what we learned in Infection, could that strength be due to the fact that an iratus bug once fed on John?

I should ask Mallozzi that...

das
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BlueJay View Post
          now there's a tantalizing image!

i've been trying to green people but GW won't let me

Spoiler:
          do we know exactly what the ship and wraith were exchanging while they were in hibernation?
          This comes from the transcript -

KELLER: The disease is in the ship?

TODD: It is the only explanation that makes sense.

SHEPPARD: All right, if you say so.

KELLER: How is that even possible?

TODD: During the process of hibernation, there is a continuous exchange of fluid between Wraith and Hive.

They get fluid from the ship. So this probably prevents dehydration! It also could be nutrients to sustain them over the long period of hibernation.

Todd is sexy - his voice adds to his sexiness - Halling was OK - but I think when he is in costume - he just puts everything into it and I think the clothes he wears as a wraith, give all of them a desirable alluring appearance. It leaves a lot to the imagination.

I think we here at WDC & tTodd Thunk are smitten by him and some of the other wraith.

Sweet wraith dreams everyone.

Seven
          I came, I saw, I conquered!
          sigpic
          We are unique! Created unique!
          Sevenofnine

Comment

I'm going to have to second Das' opinion that Chris is effin' hot. Although I like him with less hair when he's not Todd. I know he's got some Scandanavian in him, and the hairier he is, the more like a Viking he looks; and that scares the crap out of my inner European peasant.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith Cake View Post
              1/ they (the wraith) are conscious and 2/ they have the ability to stop i.e. they have advanced technology to develop another method.

Are they evil for needing to feed? Absolutely not.
              Are they collectively guilty for not finding another solution--yes. It is the sin of "omission" so to speak.

WK
              Problem is any wraith who was a forward thinker and proposed finding a new method of feeding would come underfire from the others. such a radical idea (proposed before the expedition showed up) would never be entertained by the masses and the one who put it forward would be viewed as weak and a traitor. Most would not see it as worth risking their life.
              Also since most wraith like to be led it doesn't leave much room for such forward thinking. The queens would be unwilling to do anything that would endanger their position and power.
              Spoiler:
              Todd said the only thing the primary valued above her pride was her survival, (whether this is a true statement or he just said it so the atlantians would go along with it remains to be seen- thought he did kill her rather than chance it meaning she wouldn't have been at the brink yet) it is only when the need arises that such radical ideas are entertained.

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
              - but, for me, the bottom line is that the Wraith have a tried and true method of survival - one that works very well for them. With the exception of the current crisis, there is no need for them to change - thus they are not evil for refusing to find a different way.
              das
              necessity is the mother of invention.
              and they've only just now had the boot lodged up their backsides to make them do something.
              yes, go ask JM, he answers you
              i'm glad he answered the questions on the ship from 'the seed', just wish he'd gone into more detail.
              sigpic
              FOR MY HIVE AND MY HIVE ALONE

Comment

Really busy - will just comment on this right now...

I'm not sure Chris is the sort to visit places like this. If he was concerned with self-promotion, and all, he would probably have a facebook thingy, or at least update his IMDb page (or have his agent do so). I'm guessing that he just doesn't get wrapped up in it all...he's a seasoned actor, and listening to too much feedback could - perhaps - be a bit overwhelming.

(I'm not sure how actors think, but if I heard something like, 'Wow, das has a great walk!' I just might end up over-exaggerating my walk because I think that's what fans want to see. Sometimes it's best for an actor to stay a bit oblivious to what works - that way he won't get stuck using the same elements in his characterizations, but instead explore new and different things.)

That said, appearance is a funny thing. I think Johnny Depp is the most beautiful man on the planet, but I'd kick him right outta bed in a heartbeat if a big green guy with extra nostrils on his face came a'callin'. So, there is beauty, and then...there is BEAUTY. Chris is quite a handsome man when he has that full mane of wavy hair, and a fuzzy face - like Halling, or his character in Blade Trinity. Very soft and cuddly...like a friendly ol' lion. When I first saw him bald in stills for Sanctuary...I was like - 'HAIR!! Where's the HAIR?!!' I really wasn't so sure I'd find him quite as attractive as Todd, or when he had that 'Halling' look. But 30 seconds into his performance in Sanctuary, and I was in love! He has wonderful eyes...and I'm a bit of an eye person. But it's not just that - it's when a person is animated you really get to see them, their entire personality and not just their outward appearance. Their mannerisms, their expressions - all come together to compliment the physical appearance. Chris' movements, his expressions...everything about the man...is very sexy. He just knows how to use his face and his body...and especially his hands...to make any character he portrays very attractive and appealing, no matter how evil they may be.

And yup...I'm a tad smitten.

das
                I whole heartedly agree with this comment!
                It's definitely in the eyes... how on earth can Chris (as Todd) manage to convey such powerful emotions with his eyes - through opaque contact lenses?!?? It's just so easy to forget that Todd is all make-up - that's how good an actor Chris is!
                sigpic
                Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Yeah you and me both, yup just a tad smitten
                  EDIT actually you, me.WK Laura Dove, and the list goes on........
                  I'm more smitten with the character than the actor, and I love Todd's personality more than his physical appearance. He's strong (mentally I mean), intelligent, proud without being arrogant, self-assured, open to new ways, sly and honourable, caring about the future of his people...

Of course, Chris plays Todd wonderfully or Todd's awesomeness wouldn't show. But really, it's Todd I'm in love with: Chris is safe from me.

Originally posted by masterling View Post
                  Can you tell me where i might find these??? they sound intersting.
                  Aw, I don't remember references, but it's a rather classic theme in sci-fi. They were all short stories in books, unrelated to SGA. I especially remember one where two races are at war. I forgot the title and author (a rather well-know sci-fi author I believe), unfortunately. The narrator is in a space suit on a desert planet without atmosphere, hunted by a member of the enemy race, with no food or water. He thinks about how revolting said enemies are with their moist skin, globulous eyes, etc., and how vicious they were when they appeared from deep space and attacked his people; and at the end of the story, just before he dies, you understand he's a furry alien, and the evil enemy who kills him is the human.

Originally posted by Todds worshipper View Post
                  Also I was thinking about his seemingly new use of the word "bug". How can a guy who knows that "Ingeniouser" is not a word (BAMSR), not have heard or used the word "bug" before?
                  I just had an idea: What if the wraith praise the iratus bugs as their ancestors? They are part iratus bug part human, but they may prefer their iratus origin than their proximity with humans. Unless I'm mistaken, "bug" has a negative connotation that "insect" doesn't, I think? So it may be the dismissive appellation that Todd dislikes, more than the actual meaning of "bug".

This also raises the question - remember when Todd told Sheppard that he was 'stronger than any human he had ever fed upon'?? In light of what we learned in Infection, could that strength be due to the fact that an iratus bug once fed on John?
                  Interesting idea. I've always thought it was due to his Ancient genes, but it could be an interesting twist.
                  My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
                  Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
                  sigpic

Comment

indeed they are, but from the standing point of human, I rather they die even if they no longer need to feed on human. especially since they still eat organic food and likely that they will not grow food on their own, they have far more advance weaponry and militarized society than others, it is much easier for them to rob instead of wasting their powerful hives. they are both physically and technologically advance than most human civilization in the galaxy, it will be a risk having them around anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by dolfynnchick View Post
                      I'm going to have to second Das' opinion that Chris is effin' hot. Although I like him with less hair when he's not Todd. I know he's got some Scandanavian in him, and the hairier he is, the more like a Viking he looks; and that scares the crap out of my inner European peasant.
                      Actually I'm going to have to disagree with you there, despite being of Dutch and German descent. I like a giant, hairy Viking. I loved Chris in 'Blade III Trinity' when he spoke with a Norwegian accent. And that was before I ever knew he was Todd! I thought Halling was cute, but his character is too much of a pacifist hippie for me.

Sorry, I'm going to have to bow out of all this serious debate. I just can't keep a coherent thought lately with this cold. BUT I did want to share this with you all as I find it extremely amusing. I must subconsciously be obsessing over that EATG pic of Todd and Shep.
                      I had a dream last night that Todd and Shep were *both* wearing those hideous grey jumpsuits and working in a car wash on Earth. Todd had his hair back in a black do-rag and the jumpsuit looked ridiculously short on him in the legs and the sleeves. Sheppard meanwhile was about swallowed by his. Apparently Todd and Shep were doing some kind of undercover work??? Though I'm not sure for what. Drugs? Wraith on earth? All I know is they needed Todd for his keen sense of smell. They didn't bother to disguise him though but nobody looked twice at him. But I remember Todd being very frustrated and he snapped at Sheppard when they were coming up empty (of whatever they were looking for) and he said, "Dammit, I can't smell anything here but all these humans!!" THAT made everyone stop and look at him.

That's all I remember but I thought you guys would get a kick out of it.

mfw

Comment

UNfortuately SGA writers are no Clark or Asimov so no great writing. Shame they have lost an opportunity to produce not just a good show but a truely inventive show.

MCH
                        Yeah. I agree with you.
                        I'm having a bad day today. And just had thought that there is no way those writers would do anything but kill off the Wraith in whole...
                        Such a shame....

Comment

Originally posted by MyFavoriteWraith View Post
                          I had a dream last night that Todd and Shep were *both* wearing those hideous grey jumpsuits and working in a car wash on Earth. Todd had his hair back in a black do-rag and the jumpsuit looked ridiculously short on him in the legs and the sleeves. Sheppard meanwhile was about swallowed by his. Apparently Todd and Shep were doing some kind of undercover work??? Though I'm not sure for what. Drugs? Wraith on earth? All I know is they needed Todd for his keen sense of smell. They didn't bother to disguise him though but nobody looked twice at him. But I remember Todd being very frustrated and he snapped at Sheppard when they were coming up empty (of whatever they were looking for) and he said, "Dammit, I can't smell anything here but all these humans!!" THAT made everyone stop and look at him.
                          What were you drinking? It must have been something strong! lol
                          sigpic

Comment

1/ they (the wraith) are conscious and 2/ they have the ability to stop i.e. they have advanced technology to develop another method.
                            Have they?
                            Anyway, is there anyone here who got some idea on what actually the Wraith feed? What is considered to be a life force? Are we talking about the some Luke Skywalker thingy or something biological?

Are they evil for needing to feed? Absolutely not.
                            Are they collectively guilty for not finding another solution--yes. It is the sin of "omission" so to speak.
                            It's not so clear cut. They are species which develops slowly. Exchange of the generations is almost non-existent. Hence inflow of the fresh ideas is very, very slow. I would say that being dependent on only ONE food source is stupid and given time the Wraith would developed the new sources too.
                            We do not know much about them. Just some tit-bits given to emphasize the image of the ultimate bad guys.
                            One always have to consider the cultural inertia. There are countless examples where our human societies went trough the drain only because they did not wish to accept need for change. However, individuals which wished to change left that society and get their independency. Why should not we assume something like that happened within the Wraith civilization?
                            Even if there is not time enough for them to overcome the cultural inertia there has to be more than one Todd between them.

Is it humanity's responsibility to help the wraith by developing an alternative solution?
                            Under Western penal law we are--in other words it has to do with being our brother's keeper.
                            Thus, under this context we must make sure the wraith are without excuse and have all options available to them to stop.
                            I have problem with this. Why this responsibility? What then prevent us into forcing the "model solution" we think it's correct upon them? What if the solution for the problem is something we, humans, cannot even see?
                            And not to mention how bad is for the growth of the anyone to push onto them ready made solutions. It's equal to doing your child homework for him/her and then expect that same child to end up with Ph.D. one day. No way that will happen.

However, even by Todd's account the wraith would not be open to this solution.

The truth of the matter is not that the wraith do not have a responsibility to change, because they do; it is not that they lack the means to change even though their petulant refusal to do so jeopardizes not only our race but their own as well. The truth of the matter is that the wraith do *want* to change because they do not *believe* we are equals. Short and simple. And herein lines the evil.
                            I agree with the fact that resistance for change jeopardizes they own species. That's why I would call that stupid. But I would not call that evil.
                            Do we know how big change that is? Do we now why are they so suicidally resistant to change? They are suppose to be intelligent. Then how come that they do not "see" that one food source is such a bad thing? Even after that's demonstrated to them by poison.
                            Unfortunately, the only thing I could offer as the answer for this is that the Wraiths suppose to be an evil *******s in this show, so why bother with them anyway. It's necessary to kill them all off and save nice and good and innocent humans.

Just as the human population is evil when they do not consider the wraith equal, and therefore often consider visiting a genocide upon them--which of course is evil. It must go both ways.
                            This line of rezoning did not work with other "enemies" in SG. Although they had same illogical base as the Wraith has, and same potential to be turned to neighbors.

I know this is probably not what many on this forum want to hear, because we are after all the Wraith Defenders Club. Nonetheless, we cannot hate the Earthers "rightfully" if we do not address what the wraith themselves are doing.
                            Basically true, however, we are faced with need to overcome the the direction which creative team of the SG is set. The direction which puts the Wraith as bad guys without any slack. I'm sure that Todd's reaction which demonstrated that he's just a Wraith after all (in the last episode) will be used as an "excuse" to killing him off too.

Also to, in terms of "punishing" them by wiping them out this too would be equally evil, as we would be condemning an entire race of people by the actions of a few. Typically it is not the "drones" of society that have the means and the choice to change, but those who govern them--typically.
                            Not really. The whole society needs to be ready to accept the change, otherwise it will not happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Mariellelita View Post
                              What were you drinking? It must have been something strong! lol
                              I think its the combination of Advil Cold & Sinus, Robitussin and Nasonex I'm using to fight off this cold!

mfw

Comment

Originally posted by Shanthaia View Post

why are we humans not trying to change our bodies and digestive system to be able to gain nutrition from cellulose...would save the world's food problem if we could just munch away on wood and grass, wouldn't it?
                                I'm not suggesting that the Wraith needs to change themselves. I'm actually against that. What I'm suggesting is that they need to find way to get the nutrients they need from OTHER source. Let us say, develop food industry instead of relaying only on the "farming". (Actually this would be more like hunt-gathering situation. Not even farming.)

About the cellulose, well, are you sure that some of the food industries do not use it as base for production of the more simpler sugars? The ones we can actually digest? (and btw. We do eat grass, just not all plants from that family)

Comment

Working...
                                X