Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The naming Wraith thing...:

Spoiler:
    I'm putting my foot down at 'Willy' and 'Dick'.

Edit: ZOMG! Free Willy!

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

I haven't watched many episodes of late, just don't think they are that good...except for this! Todd was awesome, and I think actually felt very understably betrayed. I too think his scene with Keller was just...the best, all around as I could see his point well. Martin Gero, gotta love his stuff, script genius!

CLICK MY DRAGONS AND HELP THEM GROW UP! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!)
      Or click here: http://dragcave.net/user/Meganone06
      These are my friend and neighbors babies, she is new so please be nice to her!

This is her scroll: http://dragcave.net/user/SmokeyRose

Comment

I've watched the episode again... and again, and--

Spoiler:
        I've noticed a couple of things that were interesting, to me at least.

1. In TQ, Todd's eyes were yellow and quite light. In FC, his eyes were dark.

2. In TQ, his modd was quite different, although there as well when Keller started to explain to much, he interupted her. However, the tone of his 'interruption' was much more light, more indulgent. In FC, his mood was dark, he was impatient and was behaving very much like a Wraith, and a Wraith with a lot of power. He was there and wanted to get it over with.

Poor Wolsley... he meant well, and Todd cut him off at the knees.

3. Todd was different in this. He was a Wraith with power. And yet... he seemed disappointed at the betrayal, and although decisive in his decisions once he took over the Daedalus, he did not seem quite so Wraith brutal.

4. Under different circumstances, and had this been a different Wraith, when the humans were stunned, there would have been a feeding frenzy. They didn't exactly coddle the humans, but they did not toss them in a heap either.

5. In the scene with Keller, he seemed to open his mind and heart to her; for just a short bit. Then,he turned to the computer and put distance between himself and Keller. Keller is different than the other humans in many ways--she is a healer and she does not inherently hate WRaiths; she would equally treat a Wraith as she would a human. May be Todd senses that. There's more coming between those two, as she is captive in that room with Ronon. Oh, dear... and there's Ronon.

I just had a horrible thought.
        Spoiler:
        Please, someone tell me that it own't happen--I hope they don't do away with Todd at the end of the next episode! I hope the writers value their lives... I know they said that there would be at least three episodes with the pale one. This is the third episode.

6. That scene when he pulls those stunning sticks from his sleeve is awesome! That gizmo is some great stuff. I want one!!! Yeah, Masterling--one wonders what else he could do... Mwahahahaha.

I have to say that I like every scene in this episode, regardless of whether Todd was in it or not. The interaction between McKay and Daniel is priceless. Keller and Ronon is quite hillarious. I think in in this episode, Keller has finally come into her own.

OK, I'm off...
        HONOR. A story. http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...22#post8549622

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler64 View Post
          I just had a horrible thought.
          Spoiler:
          Please, someone tell me that it own't happen--I hope they don't do away with Todd at the end of the next episode! I hope the writers value their lives... I know they said that there would be at least three episodes with the pale one. This is the third episode.

OK, I'm off...
          todd is in five episodes and JM hinted to him being in the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
            todd is in five episodes and JM hinted to him being in the movie.
            Oh, thank you! I don't often have these kind of flashes of... anxiety, but this time it just hit me. ***sigh of relief***

Spoiler:
            I think at the end Todd and Shep and Keller will kiss and make up.
            HONOR. A story. http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...22#post8549622

sigpic

Comment

A threesome...?

I must admit I'd be more inclined to have Mikey/Teyla/Todd; with me starring as Teyla, of course.

But Keller/Todd is awesome, as well...

Comment

Everyone is far more observant than I am. To give myself some credit, I have only watched it once, and it wasn't the best quality, pulling if offline. (No cable, for those of you who didn't know.) I'll watch it again at some point when a better quality video is available, and then I might notice some of this stuff you all are pointing out. LOL
                sigpic

Comment

**Whew!**
                  Trying to catch up here! This is the first I've had time to post since Friday. I definitely had a bad feeling after watching...Todd's whole demeanor was completely different, almost as if the stress of the whole thing was really getting to him. Poor guy! He needs a vaccation!

One thing that puzzled me was how quick Todd was to accuse the humans of betrayal. He seems as if he generally keeps a cool head and is likely to analyze the situation before jumping to a conclusion. It almost seemed like he was looking for an excuse for this "therapy" to not move forward.

Completely in agreement with the whole "earpiece" thing and the "command chair" scene...hee hee! Leather pants =

The only thing that's keeping my hopes up is the promise of more Todd in the future. I was kinda traumatized by the episode and I didn't really catch much in the preview of the next one (except tons of explosions! which never bodes well for the Wraith!).

**sigh** well, back to the real world!
                  "You look absolutely...delicious!" (Last words heard by several various Atlanteans.)

Comment

Originally posted by The Primary View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    One thing that puzzled me was how quick Todd was to accuse the humans of betrayal. He seems as if he generally keeps a cool head and is likely to analyze the situation before jumping to a conclusion. It almost seemed like he was looking for an excuse for this "therapy" to not move forward.
                    Beware the spoilers for season 5 episodes. Anyway...
                    Spoiler:
                    I watched the episode again twice (actually, once in full and the second time only the new aliens intrusion on Atlantis and the Todd parts ) and yeah, he seems really uneasy. I believe he's torn about whether or not he should accept the therapy. It must be really difficult to face such a drastic change after 10,000 years of basically no evolution... I believe the worst part is that nobody, except Keller, is willing to acknowledge how hard this choice is for him.

But I don't think the opportunity to reject the therapy is the reason why he instantly suspected them of activating the Attero device. It seems rather obvious that Todd was already around 10,000 years ago, so he probably witnessed the effect. His hive might have captured some Ancients alive after that and obtained information about the device. And today, he knows the Atlantis team are the only ones in the galaxy capable of knowingly activating Ancient technology.

Add to that that Woolsey's tentative speech and overall self-satisfaction was so not in tune with his own mood that he might have suspected the humans of something even before he saw his ships being destroyed. "Today is an historic day" and "I'm glad to hear that" must have sounded really bad to Todd, so when the Attero device destroyed his cruisers, there was only one logical conclusion. He might believe that Caldwell genuinely doesn't know what happened, though.
                    My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
                    Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
                    sigpic

Comment

Just in case anyone wanted to know...

http://www.macsyourman.com/stargatesg1971/updates.html

Todd's "The Queen" pictures, in HD...

*Doesn't even bother to swallow, or shut her mouth any more*

Boy looks mighty fine in HD...

Comment

Look at this one...

http://www.macsyourman.com/atlantis/...5x08-0856.html

If he's like that in there, I'm in... *Drool*

Comment

those pictures are already safely stored on my computer/PB.

is GW being slow for anyone else?
                          Last edited by naamiaiset; 28 September 2008, 10:58 AM.

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=59662

^ defend todd?
                            Last edited by naamiaiset; 28 September 2008, 10:51 AM.

Comment

I wish I had the time to go through them now...

I got my next story (Enmity, Act 1) to beta... Only 46 pages.

*Drops dead*

Comment

Yes, GW is a bit slower.

*Loads Ronon thread...*

Comment

Working...
                                X