Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JenKM1216 View Post
    Thank you, naamiaiset. I'm new to GateWorld, and as I was reading/skimming through the 300+ pages last night, I had no idea which wraith was being talked about, aside from the names given on the show itself.

To introduce myself, I just last week watched all four seasons in seven days (while I was sick) and fell in love. I was immediately fascinated by the wraith, and I continued to be so throughout the seasons. Todd is my favorite character on the show. I'm partial to always seeing the good and bad about everyone, and he gives far more insight to wraiths than other wraith characters have.

I've tried to look through the main subjects that have been discussed, so hopefully I won't bring old discussions back up inadvertently with my future comments.

I do have to say, there are some threads that have really made me think. You guys are awesome!
    Welcome, welcome. It is always nice to know there are many who love the wraith. So hopefully, the writers of SGA will write more stuff about them. Once again, welcome to the crowd.

wwii
    "Ask NOT what you can do for your country...ask WHAT'S FOR LUNCH?" O. Wells

Comment

He's a resourceful guy. I bet he'd make it out. Can't say the same for his hive or any other wriath who happens to be with him when/if the fight occurs... Despite the closed-mindedness of the writers, I think they'll keep Todd alive. They can't be completely in the dark about the sheer number of fans who love Todd's character. They'd do well to put him in more episodes.
      that's true. todd is in three episodes in S5 so far, I don't want the third one to be his last one. I can just see the writers killing him off by some useless means though, they've shown they're good at doing that with their characters. (carson, kolya, ford...)

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith Worshipper View Post
        Welcome, welcome. It is always nice to know there are many who love the wraith. So hopefully, the writers of SGA will write more stuff about them. Once again, welcome to the crowd.

wwii
        Thanks! I've been feeling very welcome. I do hope the writers will take the hint, too. Thanks again!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
          that's true. todd is in three episodes in S5 so far, I don't want the third one to be his last one. I can just see the writers killing him off by some useless means though, they've shown they're good at doing with their characters. (carson, kolya, ford...)
          Too true. Maybe after the fan uproar over Carson, they've learned their lesson. Wait, never mind. They tried to do the same to Weir. *sigh* We'll just have to hope for the best.
          sigpic

Comment

Too true. Maybe after the fan uproar over Carson, they've learned their lesson. Wait, never mind. They tried to do the same to Weir. *sigh* We'll just have to hope for the best.
            *sends todd to feed on the writers* problem solved.

Comment

Is she? I thought she'd switched to the Michael banner I made for her... Oh well, my memory has been shot since I had kids. LOL

The entire part of the episode with Todd and Ronon is my favorite of the whole series. I couldn't resist making a banner.
              OH! No wait, she did indeed switch over, cos suddenly there were 3 Michaels all over the board! Lol.

My silly memory. All I can say is that it's late and yeah...

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

*sends todd to feed on the writers* problem solved.
                You think they might faint if Todd showed up? *snicker*
                sigpic

Comment

You think they might faint if Todd showed up? *snicker*
                  I'd want to be there when that happened.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                    OH! No wait, she did indeed switch over, cos suddenly there were 3 Michaels all over the board! Lol.

My silly memory. All I can say is that it's late and yeah...
                    Well, in your defense, she did switch over suddenly. LOL She and I are on the phone right now, and she says to tell you she's working on a fanfiction story based on an idea she gave you. She'll post it after I've beta'd it when she's done.
                    sigpic

Comment

I'd want to be there when that happened.
                      Oh, to be a fly on the wall.
                      sigpic

Comment

Going off-topic for a moment...Over at the Jedi Master Chefs website, I found a link to a very funny vid of Dan Payne's photo shoot at the con. He's a nut! For those who are new, and may be unaware, Dan Payne played the Kull Super Warrior on SG1 and he was the Wraith King in the eppy "Sateda".

Wraithie

http://www.jedichefs.com/video/JMC133_Dan.wmv
                        http://www.jedichefs.com/celebs/JMC133_Dan/index.html
                        sigpic

Comment

Oh, to be a fly on the wall.
                          no kidding. I have that feeling a lot.

Comment

Well, in your defense, she did switch over suddenly. LOL She and I are on the phone right now, and she says to tell you she's working on a fanfiction story based on an idea she gave you. She'll post it after I've beta'd it when she's done.
                            *g* That's great!

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                              *g* That's great!

Hah. I just realized I said an idea she gave you. I meant an idea you gave her. I've really got to pay attention to what I'm doing. LOL
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithworshipper View Post
                                @ das and Sparrow_hawk:
                                I read all of your posts, and I liked them all. I tried to be more reasonable in my posted response as you, das, encouraged, but I think I wound up channeling a bit of you instead. Also, because of a 'snafu', my two cents worth kinda got split into two one cent posts. I'll let you read them and decide for yourselves which reason happened. I did bring up the merchandising angle for financing the show, and I tried to bring out a couple of points they may find for favoring the arguement for good, old-fashioned capitalism.

We'll just have to wait and see. Meh. Like we're any good at that!

Wraithie
                                Wraithie,

I enjoyed reading your 2-parter on Joe's blog. You made some excellent comments. I like the idea of merchandising for Atlantis - to include the Wraith. Another person has already seconded your idea on JM's blog, too. I don't think I can fit life-sized Wraith cutouts into my decor, but I might go for one of those nifty action figures if they decide to add Steve and Todd to the ones they have already released. They do have one of Bob, but he doesn't have a cool long coat. If the make Wraith figures, they have to do the long coats!

I'm a bit late, but welcome JenKM1216! Always nice to meet a fellow fan!
                                Sparrow hawk

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X