Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
    I thought you were - with your user name and all.
    Can't speak Welsh, though, but I wish I could.

Rhys is good...Ioan too hard for people to try to figure out, and Dafydd...just too...ya know.
    I decided against making people go cross eyed with Gwalchmai and Gwynllyw.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn
      Can't speak Welsh, though, but I wish I could.
      But can you go around looking dark and broody?

I decided against making people go cross eyed with Gwalchmai and Gwynllyw.
      LOL...yeah, I live near Philadelphia, and there's a lot of Welsh-based names in that area - Bryn Mawr and Bala Cynwyd come to mind. So I'm used to it a bit...I see lots of w's and y's, and I just figure it's Welsh. I watch a lot of Rugby, too...Ospreys are my favorite team right now because of a player on the team, but before that I liked the Llanelli Scarlets...now THAT doesn't even sound like it's spelled!

And yeah - the new Wraith looks new - younger than Chris, smaller nose than James. Full lips. I'm not getting my hopes up TOO much - right now he's eye candy only...his acting might suck for all we know...

das
      sigpic

Comment

And yeah - the new Wraith looks new - younger than Chris, smaller nose than James. Full lips. I'm not getting my hopes up TOO much - right now he's eye candy only...his acting might suck for all we know... das
        But that would be a good thing, for a wraith I mean, right?
        sigpic

Comment

But can you go around looking dark and broody?
          Not so well as I used to now that my hair is going grey.

I watch a lot of Rugby, too...Ospreys are my favorite team right now because of a player on the team, but before that I liked the Llanelli Scarlets...now THAT doesn't even sound like it's spelled!
          I never did develop a liking for Rugby - that part of Welshness passed me by.

I'm not getting my hopes up TOO much - right now he's eye candy only...his acting might suck for all we know...
          We can look forward to finding out what he's like, though. That's definitely one episode I want to see.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn
            Not so well as I used to now that my hair is going grey.
            NOT GREY!! 'Wraith White' (with or without the pinkish tint... ). I'm just starting to get grey hair, but at this rate I won't be really grey until I'm 80. My dad is 78, and most of his hair is still dark. So, unless things change fast, I'll never be 'Wraith White'...so...I might as well be 'Welsh Dark', even if I'm Scottish...and some other stuff (German and Danish).

I never did develop a liking for Rugby - that part of Welshness passed me by.
            tsk tsk tsk. All those sweaty, smelly great big blokes jumping on one another? 'Tis a BEAUTIFUL thing!

We can look forward to finding out what he's like, though. That's definitely one episode I want to see.
            This is true. I almost hope he sucks though, or is REALLY nasty...just because then I won't feel so bad when he dies. I didn't feel sorry for Karl when he died - but Penny Wraith, yeah...felt bad for him, even if he did betray Todd. He was still cute, and poor guy WAS bossed around by Karl. *sigh* We need longer-lived Wraith...

das
            sigpic

Comment

NOT GREY!! '

This is true. I almost hope he sucks though, or is REALLY nasty...just because then I won't feel so bad when he dies. I didn't feel sorry for Karl when he died - but Penny Wraith, yeah...felt bad for him, even if he did betray Todd. He was still cute, and poor guy WAS bossed around by Karl. *sigh* We need longer-lived Wraith...

das
              No we don't! They live long enough - they are imortal as long as well nurished. The changes to get killed just increases a hundred fold as soon as they appear on screen ... hm, that mean less screentime is better for wraith survival

...I still want to see as much of them as possible ...what about a petition for imptovment of wraith survival odds on screen? ...

sigpic

Comment

Rhys is good...Ioan too hard for people to try to figure out, and Dafydd...just too...ya know.

das
                I think it's the first Wraith that gets a name (or even more) before we could see him in action
                And the Queen from TLM hasn't got even one

And I think he has something from Uruk-hai (sp?) in his looks but of course he's much more handsome It's a new actor IMO

BTW @das, I love your new sig but I kind of miss the one Todd/Ronon. I'm not surprised you keep it in spoiler tags, pity we can't have two sigs

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post

Icarium

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose
                  This IS true....

And speaking of sucking....

Todd's feeding hand in CG...

Spoiler:

He's such a hungry boy!! Look at how the opening is gaped - ready to feed (in the quick handshake scene from The Seer, it just looks like a slit). How do you imagine it was for him? Do you think it started to open even before he got to Sheppard - perhaps in anticipation back in the cell when the guards came to get him? Or just when the glove/guard was removed? And do you think that - if he was NOT able to feed - it would hurt to close back up unsatisfied? Do you think their hand starts to 'water' in anticipation of feeding, perhaps releasing the enzyme just like we start drooling when we see a yummy piece of cake? Do you think I'm crazy for asking such questions about a fictional species in a fictional tv show?

das
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Icarium View Post
                    I think it's the first Wraith that gets a name (or even more) before we could see him in action
                    And the Queen from TLM hasn't got even one
                    Queen from TLM should be named Ruby.

BTW @das, I love your new sig but I kind of miss the one Todd/Ronon. I'm not surprised you keep it in spoiler tags, pity we can't have two sigs
                    Yeah, I wish - but I think I'm pushing the size limit as it is...

@ Shanthaia - Yeah, I meant longer-lived ON screen. We need some that stick around for a while...not dropping like flies as they have in the past. Would be interesting to see this fella stick around...give him a chance to develop beyond the usual - 'Wraith! Kill it!' thing.

das
                    sigpic

Comment

This IS true....

Spoiler:

He's such a hungry boy!! Look at how the opening is gaped - ready to feed (in the quick handshake scene from The Seer, it just looks like a slit). How do you imagine it was for him? Do you think it started to open even before he got to Sheppard - perhaps in anticipation back in the cell when the guards came to get him? Or just when the glove/guard was removed? And do you think that - if he was NOT able to feed - it would hurt to close back up unsatisfied? Do you think their hand starts to 'water' in anticipation of feeding, perhaps releasing the enzyme just like we start drooling when we see a yummy piece of cake? Do you think I'm crazy for asking such questions about a fictional species in a fictional tv show?

das
                      No crazier than the rest of us! Now that I think about it, they might start producing extra enzyme in anticipation of feeding. If the sacs that hold the enzyme get distended and then he can't inject it into his prey it might be pretty uncomfortable.
                      Sparrow hawk

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrow_hawk
                        No crazier than the rest of us! Now that I think about it, they might start producing extra enzyme in anticipation of feeding. If the sacs that hold the enzyme get distended and then he can't inject it into his prey it might be pretty uncomfortable.

Okay - now I'm thinking something REALLY nasty... But yeah, makes sense, really. Dang...now it makes me feel super sad for Steve - no wonder he was so cranky when he couldn't feed! Poor fella...

das
                        sigpic

Comment

NOT GREY!! 'Wraith White' (with or without the pinkish tint... ).
                          I don't have to be white haired seeing as I'm female. This is Wraith Queen Grey - an entirely new shade which will be all the rage amongst the remaining Queens next season.

tsk tsk tsk. All those sweaty, smelly great big blokes jumping on one another? 'Tis a BEAUTIFUL thing!
                          I prefer the Steve type build. I'd like to see a team of very tall, slim Wraith playing Rugby.

Originally posted by Icarium
                          Er.. which name has he ended up with??????
                          sigpic

Comment

This IS true....

Spoiler:

das
                            I know Wraith heal super fast, but if there were medical specialties amongst them, there would have to be a Feeding Hand Specialty for problems such as this.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                              I know Wraith heal super fast, but if there were medical specialties amongst them, there would have to be a Feeding Hand Specialty for problems such as this.
                              So basically a gynecologist?

Edit: Wow! Nice 1,700th post, if I do say so myself... It's a Todd one!

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

das
                                I haven't looked all the way to the end of the thread, may be we picked a name already, but I do like the idea of a Celtic name. That would be so... uh... manly (Wraithly?)

Rhys sounds quite perfect. Sounds... wraithhandsome.

***where is that freaking bucket of cold water?***
                                HONOR. A story. http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...22#post8549622

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X