No announcement yet.

Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd heard something about that but never went near the SGU threads so didn't really think too much about it.

Nice pun though!

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithworshipper View Post
      I hear there's been a lot of censoring and banning on GW because folks criticized a show that just got canceled because it SUCKED(!), SGU. Anyone else see any of that?
      Censoring and banning? That sounds rather petty for GW. I don't go near the SGU threads either so I can't say what could have caused people being banned. But I can however imagine there have been mean and heated fights going on between the fans and the haters.

I prefer to stay on the Wraith threads because people here are more mature than elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post
        Censoring and banning? That sounds rather petty for GW. I don't go near the SGU threads either so I can't say what could have caused people being banned. But I can however imagine there have been mean and heated fights going on between the fans and the haters.

I prefer to stay on the Wraith threads because people here are more mature than elsewhere.
        I agree! The people on the Wraith threads seem less inclined to partake in petty bickering. Everyone is so nice and supportive, something I haven't really encountered on other forums (or some of the other threads on GW!).

As for the SGU fans and haters. That show sure has a tendency to get people fired up!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rekala View Post
          I've been snowed in all day today, so I decided to sit down and sketch some of the wraith requests I got for some practice. I honestly can't remember who requested who, but here's Eddie, Greg and a slightly failed attempt of Bullseye Please bear with me.
          Spoiler:
          Gorgeous! Great work Rekala It's been snowing like crazy here all weekend too, and there's practicly a storm outside. Oh joy.

Originally posted by addicted_to_steve View Post
          I agree! The people on the Wraith threads seem less inclined to partake in petty bickering. Everyone is so nice and supportive, something I haven't really encountered on other forums (or some of the other threads on GW!).

As for the SGU fans and haters. That show sure has a tendency to get people fired up!
          I totally agree. I really like how people posting to several Wraith threads are always polite and I haven't seen any petty arguments or any other nasty stuff that affect many other threads in GW or other forums.

SGU certainly seems to get people fired up and for some reason people seem to forget everyone is entitled to their own opinion and should be able to express it. I watched SGU and I liked the show, but I can certainly understand why it got cancelled. It would be incredibly immature if I or someone else who liked the show would get insulted because someone says he/she hated it.

Beautiful calendar pic today btw
          sigpic

Comment

I hear there's been a lot of censoring and banning on GW because folks criticized a show that just got canceled because it SUCKED(!), SGU. Anyone else see any of that?
            There has been censoring and banning, and there are locked threads where you are at liberty to see why folk were banned. Personally, I felt it smacked too much of Big Brother, and made me feel incredibly uncomfortable. I also don't see how the fans who dislike the show so much could have had an impact, as TPTB wanted to change the demographic, and I definitely don't fit their target audience. IMO, I think there are too many shows with a similar feel e.g. Caprica (also cancelled), and the audience is small - given it's within a genre many people have difficulty accessing - so they are fighting amongst themselves for ratings.

Also, given a choice of SGU or Fringe, similarly bleak, I am always going to choose the darkness that is Walternette. The story arc is amazing, the characters fully fleshed, and the writing...? Utter brilliance, and those qualities are everything that SGU lacked.

If that's harsh, I apologise, but I've been a big SciFi follower all my life, and disliking an incarnation of a programme as a mere fan has never had such an effect. Many ST fans loathed Enterprise, but that isn't why it got cancelled, is it? Basically, there is scapegoating going on here, and I object to it.

Forums get heated, and there is often lots of falling out, but if the participants are adult, then they don't need someone to wade in with their size 13's and begin arsekicking. Finger pointing is childish, solves nothing, and pushes resentment levels through the roof. *climbs off soapbox* Meh...

Wraith, wraith, wraith, wraith, wraith...
            sigpic

Comment

I haven't been to the SGU threads today so haven't seen any of this. I've never noticed people being banned for constructive criticism or saying things like "In my opinion..." so maybe the crackdown is due to the way that some people phrased their comments.

Anyway, Tubbs has a question.

Spoiler:
              sigpic

Comment

Good question Tubbs!
                The worship of Talos is strictly forbidden!

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
                  I haven't been to the SGU threads today so haven't seen any of this. I've never noticed people being banned for constructive criticism or saying things like "In my opinion..." so maybe the crackdown is due to the way that some people phrased their comments.

http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/s...TubbsAngel.jpg
                  Precisely my point i.e. forums. That's why writing is such an inexact science, and phraseology so important. I know of two people who have been banned.

On the other hand, Tubb's has applied logic to a question that bothers us all.
                  sigpic

Comment

* I don`t know Tubbs. Ask angels. *

Great pic Ciannwn.

I don`t watch SGU and I`m not in SGU threads. I`m sorry for all SGU fans.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bajka20 View Post
                      Great pic Ciannwn.
                      Thank you.
                      sigpic

Comment

I think many Tau'ri traditions and legends would be confusing to the Wraith.

Comment

I've posted a little Todd Christmas story for your entertainment - http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6570979/1/ - hope you enjoy it!

Comment

Spoiler:
                            I've been openly against SGU on those threads, although I started to like it in late season 1 and now season 2. I criticized pace, introducing characters back stories that weren't relevant to present story arcs and the lack of story arcs. I never criticized the actors work, which I find excellent. Bottom line: I was never modsmacked, snipped or banned. Maybe the way you phrase your criticism might be relevant.

And I think you're right: many people don't know how to argue their case without being offensive. Or to respect that others may have different points of view. As I was always able to participate on or to follow intelligent discussions in this thread, I keep coming back.

oh, and the gutter dives....
                            sigpic
                            Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                            Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

My other favourite character is a known Wraith hater: Ronon. No one here ever questioned why I like Ronon AND the Wraith. This is a proof of how kind, broad minded and accepting you all are.
                              sigpic
                              Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                              Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

That's because we all know that deep down inside Ronon really wants to be a Wraith, and that's why he hates them so much. I mean, he's even trying to copy Eddie's hair!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X