No announcement yet.

Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE Wraith development: interesting is also that in SG-1 when they found that frozen Ancient lady in Antarctica, she was able to heal people by placing her hand on their chest.

That striked me as odd, the Wraith need a special organ to feed and give life force and the Ancients could transfer life force just like that. Considering the Wraith are supposed to be an advanced species and considering their genetic relation to the Ancients it doesn't seem to make sense. I wonder what was first in TPTB's minds: the Ancient ability to heal or the general concept of the Wraith.

EDIT: I just remembered that the Ancients are not as closely related to the Wraith as I thought, because the Ancients populated the galaxy with ordinary humans. D'oh.
    Last edited by Draco-Stellaris; 16 June 2010, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post
      RE Wraith development: interesting is also that in SG-1 when they found that frozen Ancient lady in Antarctica, she was able to heal people by placing her hand on their chest.

That striked me as odd, the Wraith need a special organ to feed and give life force and the Ancients could transfer life force just like that. Considering the Wraith are supposed to be an advanced species and considering their genetic relation to the Ancients it doesn't seem to make sense. I wonder what was first in TPTB's minds: the Ancient ability to heal or the general concept of the Wraith.

EDIT: I just remembered that the Ancients are not as closely related to the Wraith as I thought, because the Ancients populated the galaxy with ordinary humans. D'oh.
      Ah, but methinks there may have been more Ancients experimentation going on with Wraith than they were letting on... it could even be that the Wraith were some kind of hybrid between Iratus/human hybrids and Ancients?
      IMHO the Ancients definitely had more to do with the Wraith coming into being than just the "accident" they tried to make it out to be. A failed experiment to create a new lifeforce-giving species but they ended up "backwards"...?
      The Ancients definitely seemed to feel almost responsible for the existence of the Wraith and set about trying to eradicate them with a zeal that indicated a very guilty secret. Who knows? But it's fun to speculate!
      sigpic
      Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Barbossa View Post
        You know... looking at the eyes of the Queens... it's rather interesting. I'll have to go back and watch the episodes again. I didn't think there was such a difference in eyes and eye color. Thought all Wraith had the golden cat eyes. Hmmm...

~Lady B
        Originally posted by orbofnight View Post
        Sometimes they seem to vary even for the same wraith from gold, to green, to a combination of the two, depending on the lighting. They are beautiful in any color though!
        I wasn't sure if it's just the prevalence of odd lighting or if I just have a poor sense of color, but to me Wraith eyes appear green or yellow-green as often as gold. I've always had a fondness for slit-pupiled yellow-green eyes, like cats often have.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.21 View Post
          At this time - a few green (or blue?) ladies ;D
          Spoiler:

Originally posted by Bajka20 View Post
          Here are my wallies. They are not very good. But I try do my best.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
          they're all great, mental greens all round

Originally posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post

that's a good catch DS, it's worth thinking about

TP, the ancients always seem to like to meddle with things and then deny responsibility. They probably did have more to do with the wraith than they let on.
          sigpic
          FOR MY HIVE AND MY HIVE ALONE

Comment

Eye color example: Todd's eyes look more golden in 'First Contact' when he is speaking with Jennifer

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis...m=745&pos=1160

and they look more green in 'Enemy at the Gate' when he is speaking with Woolsey.

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis...um=731&pos=105
            Well, in the first pic Todd looks sick

Very good wallies Bajka!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
              Ah, but methinks there may have been more Ancients experimentation going on with Wraith than they were letting on... it could even be that the Wraith were some kind of hybrid between Iratus/human hybrids and Ancients?
              IMHO the Ancients definitely had more to do with the Wraith coming into being than just the "accident" they tried to make it out to be. A failed experiment to create a new lifeforce-giving species but they ended up "backwards"...?
              The Ancients definitely seemed to feel almost responsible for the existence of the Wraith and set about trying to eradicate them with a zeal that indicated a very guilty secret. Who knows? But it's fun to speculate!
              WDC members are peeking out from the gutter for a few moments.

Comment

It has been known to happen.

*thinks of Rhys's tattoos and descends into the gutter where she belongs*

Comment

Vote for Todd in the new Heal and Hurt Extreme thread:

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/7...EME?p=11617782

Comment

We venture out now and then! But it's never long before we scuttle back to the comfort of warm, purring green guys in the security blanket that is the wraith gutter!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Vote for Todd in the new Heal and Hurt Extreme thread:

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/7...EME?p=11617782
                      Not sure I like the idea of the words "Todd" and "hurt" in the same sentence *goes off to look*
                      sigpic

Comment

It is only fitting that we analyze them so that we can appreciate them even more.

Comment

It is only fitting that we analyze them so that we can appreciate them even more.

And the analysis can get very detailed... close up and personal... very, very thorough...
                          sigpic

Comment

Not sure I like the idea of the words "Todd" and "hurt" in the same sentence *goes off to look*
                            He is winning so far.

Comment

And the analysis can get very detailed... close up and personal... very, very thorough...
                              That is one area where I can agree with Woolsey about liking details.

Comment

He is winning so far.
                                Yep, I did my duty by our Commander and voted for him

Also took a point off that horrible human who was so mean to poor Steve and Bob...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X