Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wraithworshipper View Post
    What are you trying to do? KILL ME!? That's a mental picture that's going to be difficult to get rid of...but...on the other hand.... Sleep Sweet in the gutter, Gals. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be!
    Wraithworshipper
    Hi ah where you been? Your late , still better late than never.

Thanks ToddWorshipper for the Chris piccies- god job it's a very big gutter.

MCH
    sigpic
    Thanks to DS for my siggy

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithworshipper View Post
      Ya'll are just not right...and I LOVE ya! I don't feel so alone anymore.

Wraithie
      A torgy...fitting between Todds

A TORGY me too, oh THUNK . Picks herself up and rushes off to find the champange pops the cork flying leap into gutter......

MCH
      sigpic

Comment

A team made out of Todds? Well....that would be at least 4 Todds then

Todd 1 : We have to take care of that Replicator ship.
        Todd 3 : Already done.
        Todd 1 : What did you do?
        Todd 2+4 : Upload a virus?
        Todd 3 : Exactly!
        Todd 2 : I did the same.
        Todd 4 : Me too.
        Todd 3 : But with 3 viruses....what if they somehow....
        Todd 1 : Time for plan B .. I'm calling those Lanteans to blow it up.
        Todd 3 : Why them? We could take care of that on our own.
        Todd 2 : Because it will save...
        Todd 4 : ...valuable resources.
        Todd 1+2+3+4 *laugh*

sigpic
        Thanks for the Sig go to the talented Fainne
        Spoiler:
        Which Supernatural character are you? (I hate those things..but sadly it fits )
        You're John! You are skilled and smart, but world-weary and a little jaded. You're a serial monogamist, and you love hard. You can sometimes be a little too narrow-minded, and stubborn to a fault, but your heart is always in the right place.

The GateWorld Cantina - Kara : Runner gone Wraith gone Wraith Queen gone human barmaid

Comment

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by Karhedron View Post
            A team made out of Todds? Well....that would be at least 4 Todds then

Todd 1 : We have to take care of that Replicator ship.
            Todd 3 : Already done.
            Todd 1 : What did you do?
            Todd 2+4 : Upload a virus?
            Todd 3 : Exactly!
            Todd 2 : I did the same.
            Todd 4 : Me too.
            Todd 3 : But with 3 viruses....what if they somehow....
            Todd 1 : Time for plan B .. I'm calling those Lanteans to blow it up.
            Todd 3 : Why them? We could take care of that on our own.
            Todd 2 : Because it will save...
            Todd 4 : ...valuable resources.
            Todd 1+2+3+4 *laugh*

Yeah I like that. 4 Todds

MCH
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post

sigpic
              Thanks for the Sig go to the talented Fainne
              Spoiler:
              Which Supernatural character are you? (I hate those things..but sadly it fits )
              You're John! You are skilled and smart, but world-weary and a little jaded. You're a serial monogamist, and you love hard. You can sometimes be a little too narrow-minded, and stubborn to a fault, but your heart is always in the right place.

The GateWorld Cantina - Kara : Runner gone Wraith gone Wraith Queen gone human barmaid

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
                could that be from EATG and andreas just made a mistake? todd has on the same suit in the new picture as in his EATG one.

Spoiler:
                todd hasn't been mentioned in any vegas spoilers, so I'm just wondering.
                Well that's it, I'm crying AGAIN!!
                Spoiler:

Even if it's an AU Todd, I can't stand to see any Todd in a cage like that
                and, if it's a mixup like naamiaset said, then Todd really is a prisoner in EatG. It's bad news either way

Damn, and the carpets had only just dried from the last time there was a lake in my room
                sigpic
                Cass Todd -

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                  No worries, I don't get mad easily - only if you kill Wraith (which you are not going to do, right? ).

And thunk away! Chris is a very sexy fella, he has charisma, and it comes out in all of his characters, especially the ones that are slightly...naughty. I mean, as Druitt he's absolutely thud-worthy! And what was better than Todd draping his arm over Woolsey's shoulder?! That one almost did me in! Now...if they really want to kill me, they'll have a scene with Kenny brushing Todd's hair, and Todd getting all snarly with him when poor Kenny tries to detangle a knot.

das
                  I love Todd. I think Christopher Heyerdahl is a fantastic Player (I want to say actor, but to me that word does not fit the size of his talent. I do not like the word "performer" either, because this suggests he has some sort of leash around his neck. I think "player" or "thespian" are majestic enough sounding words to describe his art. I like the word "Player" the best.)
                  However beyond that, I guess beauty really is in the eye the beholder.

WK
                  "Ask NOT what you can do for your country...ask WHAT'S FOR LUNCH?" O. Wells

Comment

Damn! My computer is out of commission for a day and a half and look at what I miss!!! That pic of Todd from Vegas? EATG? just about made me fall out of my chair.
                    Spoiler:
                    He may be caged like a hamster but in that pose he looks totally like a huge jungle cat ready to pounce. I love his eyes in that. major *THUNK*

That is going up on my wallpaper right now!

Re: Pics from Vegas
                    Spoiler:
                    I don't think the "Vegas" Wraith and Todd are one and the same. It may be an error and it is from EATG as someone has suggested. I know that Joe M has stated that 1) Vegas is a stand-alone and 2) the season/series will not end on a cliffhanger (although as das mentioned, he may not be including the Wraith in this).

I'm not going to speculate too much or get too worried about anything. My state of grief over this show has reached the stage of "acceptance".

Oh and yeah, I talked a bit about Chris' work in "Kingdom Hospital" in his *thunk* thread. I have his episodes stored on my DVR and I rewatch them sometimes, but that last one is so hard to watch. But, damn, yeah he's smokin'! *prays Chris never reads anything in any of these forums!*

mfw

Comment

So I had another wraith dream, very similar to the one I told ya’ll about a few weeks ago. The one where I was grocery shopping and he helped me pick out the perfect melon?.
                      Well this was last nights: I was “somewhere” having a lively conversation about bananas. We were both passionate about what we thought was the perfect ripeness. I argued that it was when the banana was still bright yellow with the slights green on the edges. He disagreed, it’s when it had just a few small brown spots on it. This “disagreement” went back and forth with examples for some time. Once again it was a random faced wraith.
                      Makes me wonder??? Why do I have recurrent dreams about fruit and wraith, more exactly about the perfect fruit?????
                      Ya know if im going to have a dream with a wraith in it, cant it be a little bit more…….in the gutter??? Or at least be action packed??? But no, its about fruit, again.
                      Ugh, what does that say about my subconscious?

4 todds , but i think i'll just stick withthe original.
                      sigpic

Comment

Some new Vegas pics - from Andreas:

http://andreas-ri.livejournal.com/85250.html

Is that Todd? 6 episodes booyah!
                        Oh my goodness, Todd looks like he's been brought to Vegas and is being kept as a prisoner. It looks like he is so angry, or like the Earthers have done something to him and both Rodney and Shepard are looking worried. They don't look menaced, they look genuinely concerned for him.

WK

Comment

Das

Spoiler:
                          He's in a glass cage, just like Snow White was in a glass coffin.

Oh wait, perhaps I shouldn't have said that...
                          Or maybe Sleeping Beauty having woken up after a big smooch. Look, he even has "bed head".

Comment

Originally posted by masterling View Post
                            So I had another wraith dream, very similar to the one I told ya’ll about a few weeks ago. The one where I was grocery shopping and he helped me pick out the perfect melon?.
                            Well this was last nights: I was “somewhere” having a lively conversation about bananas. We were both passionate about what we thought was the perfect ripeness. I argued that it was when the banana was still bright yellow with the slights green on the edges. He disagreed, it’s when it had just a few small brown spots on it. This “disagreement” went back and forth with examples for some time. Once again it was a random faced wraith.
                            Makes me wonder??? Why do I have recurrent dreams about fruit and wraith, more exactly about the perfect fruit?????
                            Ya know if im going to have a dream with a wraith in it, cant it be a little bit more…….in the gutter??? Or at least be action packed??? But no, its about fruit, again.
                            Ugh, what does that say about my subconscious?

4 todds , but i think i'll just stick with the original.
                            Hmm...melons and bananas...toss in grapes and strawberries, and you'll have covered most of the 'lovers' fruits!

Wraithie
                            I could sooo go to the gutter with those fruits.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith Cake View Post
                              Oh my goodness, Todd looks like he's been brought to Vegas and is being kept as a prisoner. It looks like he is so angry, or like the Earthers have done something to him and both Rodney and Shepard are looking worried. They don't look menaced, they look genuinely concerned for him.

WK
                              That just gave me a thought - if this pic is indeed from "Vegas" and Todd is on Earth, I wonder if he's in somebody's "collection". Maybe instead of being captured by the Genii, he was snared by some multi-billionaire and put into his "rare & endangered" exibit.
                              I said before I thought he looked like a wild giant cat and especially with the way the pic is kind of blanched, he really reminds me of the white tigers from the Sigfried and Roy animal sanctuary at The Mirage. The animals there were relatively "free roaming" but those tigers' eyes would just follow you as you walked by as they were casually laying on a fallen tree trunk. I have to say, I never felt "safe" with having my back to any of them. Todd looks very predatory and dangerous in that pic even though he appears to be behind glass. (It's so nice to see him this way again!) I'd never stop looking away! *shivers* I can't even stop looking at that pic! lol

Just a little aside - when I got my computer fixed and rebooted again this afternoon, the screen came up with my wallpaper of Todd & Shep from EATG. I said "Ohhhhh! I'm so glad to see Todd again!" and I blew a little kiss to the screen. My sister rolled her eyes and said, "Omigawwwwd!" and then she stopped and looked at the pic and pointed to Shep and said "That's Todd?" I laughed and then I said, "What do you think?" Then she laughed and said, "Yeah, I shoulda known it was the green guy." At least my family accepts me for the freak I am. LOL

mfw

Comment

Is it me, or...do things feel like they are winding down? I mean, how many episodes are left? I think Das said it right: JM has lost interest in the show. And honestly, can you blame the guy? He is no longer allowed to explore SGA's interesting narrative avenues as the movie studio money has run dry--MGM no longer wants to invest in the show. Making a movie is one thing, but developing a series where characters unfold over time is a completely different beast.

I don't think I'm feeling melancholy, I think I'm just in the head space where "that was a nice ride, but it's time to get off". The show has not provided catharsis, (a sense of closure) which is why so many of us feel cheated. And that is exactly what happens with a story that falls flat: when it does not resolve the story's original conflict. In the case of SGA, the conflict is the synergy between human kind and wraith kind.

This is what the story has always been about. Sure, there have been several sub-plots and a few good romps along the way, but the original conflict, the wraith/human nexus that dictated, drove and ultimately was the impetus for the entire show has now left us, the dedicated fans, out in the nether regions of cold hard space.

I wouldn't point the blame at any one group, or person. I think the story will never have closure. Corporate capitalists will think this is an opportunity to exploit the franchise in comics and novels, I just think it's time to retire this pony.

I would like to have a death ceremony for Todd and all the wraith. A ceremony where I give Todd one last kiss good-night. Except instead of sleeping beauty whose life giving kiss wakes her from the sleep of death, my kiss will send Todd to the land of the forever living where he will remain snow white--the prince immortal under glass.

I'd rather see him left my way, as a wraith, not a human, not a vegan and not a keystone kop. The direction this season has taken the wraith has left them emasculated and intellectually spade. (or neutered).

I think I'm about done with it. I want to remember them as they were.

I'm sorry to sound so moribund, but this is what happens when you don't end a story where it should end--at the end; not at some unimagined inarticulate place in the future, because you still want to keep on milking that green cash cow.

WK

Comment

Working...
                                X