Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outsiders silly thing:

Spoiler:
    One faced Wraith is whispering sweet words in the ear of the other one...

Thunk.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Again Outsiders (still watching it):

Spoiler:
      Did anyone notice Dave's feeding slit had a split in it?

Think there's one channel for the infection of the enzyme, one for the sucking out of the life?

Comment

Outsiders was squeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
          Outsiders spoilers:

Spoiler:
          Oh my...Dave is quite nice. He sounds nothing like the Valley Boy he did in the backlot vid...

das
          Are you ok? I as cos I didn't hear no

Spoiler:

THUNK

or is that because you only think Dave is nice. oh sorry quite nice?

Just checking that's all. Sounds as if Outsider you enjoyed despite you're reservations. and the

Spoiler:
          Wraith body count.

I think you can only sit back and enjoy the wraith eye candy, and suspend your disbelief and reality check where this story is concerned.

MCH
          Last edited by MCH; 18 October 2008, 03:36 AM.
          sigpic
          Thanks to DS for my siggy

Comment

From Morjana's blog

New Todd Quiz - Hard:

http://www.scifi.com/atlantis/quizze...hard/index.php

Question 6 of 10:

Why are Samantha Carter and the rest of the Atlantis team especially suspicious when Todd offers them an alliance in The Seer?

- McKay discovers that the weapons on Todd's hive have been upgraded by Replicators
            - The last alliance offered by the Wraith worked out like bees at a birthday party
            - Todd keeps muttering and chuckling to himself when he thinks no one's looking

Comment

I just posted this on Joe's blog:

Spoiler:
              Hey Joe,

After the events of FC/TLT, a few nice questions were risen on GW concerning some technology used by the Wraith?

SPOILERS AHEAD. (just to make sure)

We know that the war with the Wraith ended when they developed cloning technology that gave them a very large advantage in battle. They established a large cloning facility which reproduced a few Warriors thousands of times over, pretty quickly, and thus one large batch resulting into over a hundred thousand drones in one go, if my math isn’t too much off.

Now, the Asgard mentioned they arrived there when the war was in full swing, I think? Or anyway, they thought the outcome would be different then it was, they were betting on the Ancients to win? We know that the Asgard are a very advanced civilisation, but they have one great weakness, they rely on cloning to stretch their existence…

We’ve also seen that cloning tech being performed on Jack in the episode Fragile Balance, they can clone a human, memories included, in not too much time. Just like Michael did with Carson.

Also, when you take into consideration other episodes, e.g. the ‘The Siege’ ones where the Asgard beams were easily blocked, this could be because it’s an upgrade from technology they’ve seen before… The question is: what technology is still their own (or stolen from a different race), and which things about the Asgard do they know?

If all that is true, then, had the Asgard not made their existence so dependent on cloning, so the tribe wouldn’t need to fly off into another galaxy to find a quiet spot to experiment on humans, for the purpose to stretch their own existence some more, the Wraith possibly hadn’t come across such knowledge about cloning, and therefore would have probably lost the war… And made sure the Ancients had no reason to flee the galaxy… Only to fall prey of an Ori plague, or what was that again?

And finally… The Wraith got their hands on three ZPMs during the war, with which they managed to clone those Warriors, and build all the required Supply Ships/Hive Ships/Cruisers/Darts to transport those Warriors to battle with… Todd said the Wraith managed to corner 3 Aurora class ships, and that’s where the power came from. I seem to recall, maybe from the episode ‘Rising’ (boy, that’s sooo long ago!) that 3 Ancient ships were sent out to the Wraith to enter negotiations for peace, but they never made it back? So, Todd’s three ships, and these three ships, three and the same ones?

So, basically what I’m asking for is:

1. Did the Wraith get their hands on Asgard cloning technology 10,000 years ago, and so this is how they managed to turn the tide of war in their favour?
              2. Can we conclude that Michael is also over 10,000 years old?
              3. Can the Wraith so easily block our Asgard beams because they are familiar with the technology (on top of their own high intelligence)?
              4. Does Todd/Do the Wraith know that we fly with Asgard upgraded ships, and that the enemies they faced 10,000 years ago are also Asgards?
              5. The Pegasus Asgards are directly responsible for the downfall of their allies, The Ancients? Although for that tribe ‘allies’ might be a stretch.
              6. The three ships that went to negotiate for peace got cornered and de-ZPMed, delivering the power for the cloning facility.

Phew. I hope I’ll receive some answers for my effort. It took me darn long to formulate the post, as English isn’t my mother tongue!

Spikey

I hope he answers those questions!

It would be interesting to know!

Comment

Joe's approving comments at the mo, my larger post made it through.

Now the other one is left...

Where is everyone?

Comment

Originally posted by MyFavoriteWraith View Post
                  A-greed!

Naami, I have to add one to your list of dumbing-down the Wraith:
                  Spoiler:
                  I think it's when they have the Balaran (sp?) prisoners gathered at the gate. At one point one Wraith leans into the next Wraith and *whispers into his ear*!!!! WTF? Have TPTB now just done away with the telepathy for their convenience? Grrrr.

I just tried to go back and watch the ep again. This one is going to be hard for me to revisit, despite the gorgeous Wraith. Just way too much Wraith whumpage in this one.

mfw
                  I have to say guys, I've finally seen the episode. It's 3.30am here and I've been up all night trying to watch the ep so I can read all of your spoiler comments! (Thankyou for hiding them from me). It's been driving me crazy, not being able to join in. You're right, it was a horrible massacre!

I bought long white hair pieces today, they look really cool in, like I'm part wraith with long white streaks in my long hair.

The only good thing to come out of the episode were some nice pics.
                  I have posted 5 on my profile album. Am I allowed to paste them here?

..and I think they whispered because this is what they were saying:
                  sigpic
                  Cass Todd -

Comment

Todd/Jennifer vote

If you want to.

Comment

TW, all appear to be invalid links?

Comment

Okay, trying to catch up for lost time. You people post too fast for me!

About Todd in "The Lost Tribe":
                        Spoiler:

If I blame the psychological trauma of being betrayed by people he trusted deep down his heart, then I'm much more willing to accept his refusal to see Sheppard's sincerity. Chris played him wounded in "First Contact", so, it's possible. It's the best explanation I can come up with for his intentional blindness anyway. At the end of the discussion with Sheppard, Todd's gaze is... strange. As if shocked or something, perhaps because Sheppard transmitting the coordinates suddenly force him to realise that he was telling the truth?

That, or the the misunderstanding not being cleared was just bad writing. I have to agree with StarOcean about the writers making a habit of it. It's just that Todd was always so well-written so far...

Originally posted by StarOcean View Post
                        Does anyone think Todd's coat is padded in the front? Maybe he's taking precautions against being fed on? I always feel that he's thinner than he actually looks.
                        Reminds me of a discussion we had here some time ago: Males' coats cover their chest very well, while queens wear much lighter clothes. It might indicate that they feel confident nobody would dare feed on them, while the males are not as safe.

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                        MFW - have you seen Chris in Sanctuary? Not the tv show, but the webisodes? Someone gave me a youtube link - you should watch Chris...especially the scene with Amanda, after the credits...(then a couple moments later, with the blonde girl, his daughter in the ep)... *thud*
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQpa8lCv55s
                        NOW...imagine TODD doing that...
                        I watched the beginning and... to be honest, even though I admire Chris' acting, I'm really not fond of the character. I don't know, evil madmen are just not my type of villains, I think (which I why I stopped enjoying Michael in season 4). One thing can't be denied, however: Chris has an amazing presence, no matter which role! Which is why he plays bad guys better than good guys, I think: Good guys are usually supposed to be, well, somewhat self-effacing, not with an imposing presence.

Originally posted by MyFavoriteWraith View Post
                        And for anyone who is as sick of this year's election choices and bickering as I am...I think it's time for a coup:
                        Spoiler:
                        http://forum.gateworld.net/picture.p...pictureid=9940
                        Todd for President '08 by Montross - deviantart.com

I'm on board, how 'bout you?
                        Yeeeees! Todd would make such a great president; despite his tricky ways, we know how much he cares for the people he rules. I vote for him any day!

Originally posted by JenKM1216 View Post
                        Okay, everyone. I finally got the last chapter of The Distant Journey posted. Sorry it took so long. RL has not been easy on me lately. You can find it at wraithsteve on LJ and on my LJ. It is awaiting validation at Wraithbait. I still haven't found the time to edit earlier chapters to make them FFN acceptable, so I have not updated it there.
                        Best wishes for your real life problems.

Aw, after reading your last chapter, I'm depressed. I knew this couldn't end well (prequel for "Common Ground"...), but aw, it made me cry. But I loved the glimpse of hope in the last line.

Originally posted by Wraith Cake View Post
                        I don't know, I tend to think the wraith look on humans with disgust. I think he's trying to hide his disgust, like "why are we dealing with...PEOPLE!?". [...]
                        Besides, I've never gotten the impression the wraith feed out of delight and comfort, but rather out of rage and contempt for human race they enjoy dominating. They WANT to terrorize us. The only time I have seen wraith getting delight our of what they ate was the wraith emissary/diplomat who smelled the wine before drinking it, or Elia trying the cookies she offered them to Ronon.
                        Interesting thought, but Ellia was feeding on humans out of need, not out of rage. Also when Todd in "Common Ground" fed on Sheppard, it was obvious he was physically enjoying it despite the lack of anger. Still, I think you're right about the wraith looking on humans with disgust. To them, humans are lesser beings, so dealing with them is belittling themselves.

"Outsiders": I enjoyed the episode, although those wraith were obviously quite dumb. Did anyone else notice the Commander's neck lacked makeup? The way he moved was a bit too human for my taste, but he had such a lovely voice. I hope to see Aaron as a wraith again.
                        Spoiler:
                        Too bad he had to die; he wasn't even as cruel as many other wraith. He was cold ("no sympathy for the fallen; no mercy for our enemies"), but he didn't seem the type who enjoys torturing people.

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                        Yep, for me too. Todd's worshipper, is your album public? It doesn't show on your profile page.
                        My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
                        Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
                          does this leave todd's hive all to me?
                          Lol, ya know, at this point, I'll take a hive where the cute Wraithy boys are still ALIVE!

that's on my list.

Spoiler:
                          in the scene where carson and rodney are stunned, half of dave's beard has vanished, yet it's back in the following scenes. I noticed it in the MGM promo pictures, but I was hoping it'd be correct in the episode. evidently not.
                          DOH! Sorry, naami. I was in such a fit last night, I didn't read your message in it's entirety. Stopped after number 4.
                          I thought something was weird about him! I couldn't figure it out. Thanks!

mfw

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                            I thought it was? How do I fix it? I've been looking but can't find it anywhere....help please....
                            sigpic
                            Cass Todd -

Comment

Darn, I forgot to mention I created a thread to recommend wraith-friendly fanfics. If you know of links to completed good fanfics (compatible with the Gateworld rules, so can't point to "The Distant Journey" ), you're more than welcome to share them!
                              My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
                              Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
                              sigpic

Comment

I found it, please try again guys!
                                sigpic
                                Cass Todd -

Comment

Working...
                                X