No announcement yet.

Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when i first heard about atlantis being cancelled my friend showed me this song on youtube which made me feel cheerful again and now im going to indulge my urge to share it with anyone i can. i think one of the lines references stargate but other than that its kinda off topic my apologies for that you dont have to watch it (but i thing its a funny look at fandom)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xspvTKR4eCE

not sure if this link will work
    Quietly, so as not to alarm anyone, she began to go insane

Comment

MGM trailer for "The Queen"!

is it me, or is chris' real voice a lot more distinct than before? the wraith have sounded very human this season...
      Last edited by naamiaiset; 08 September 2008, 06:43 PM.

Comment

I've been very busy - not much time to 'talk' - but want to say a few things...

Spoiler:
        1. Thanks for the link to the pics! That one with Todd all gussied up is lovely! But so are the others - god, I canNOT wait for this episode!

2. The one pic where Todd is holding Teyla's hand - he has his feeding hand in hers...is this a Wraith 'kiss'? lolol...

3. The change in Todd's epaulettes is interesting - it must signify something.

4. I haven't decided if I like the change in Todd's make-up. I prefer that ridge above the bridge of his nose where he now has 'worry lines'. Heh...Maybe Todd just has more to worry about now...

Wish I could say more - but really tired. Spent the entire day cleaning the garage, and got done late. Ate late. Now want to go to bed early (for a change).

I know I've missed posts and comments and stuff...that pic of Todd behind bars was gorgeous - I did see that. But I've missed a lot...hopefully will catch up later in the week...

das
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post

is it me, or is chris' real voice a lot more distinct than before? the wraith have sounded very human this season...
          Thanks naami for The Queen trailer I have to wait for on more week. It looks like it will one of the best episodes yet. Can't wait, I just saw "Whispers" and a few movies came to mind.

Spoiler:
          The Fog, Night of the Living Dead, The Ring and, The Grudge TPTB tribute to the horror genre.

LS

Comment

Originally posted by rien View Post
            when i first heard about atlantis being cancelled my friend showed me this song on youtube which made me feel cheerful again and now im going to indulge my urge to share it with anyone i can. i think one of the lines references stargate but other than that its kinda off topic my apologies for that you dont have to watch it (but i thing its a funny look at fandom)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xspvTKR4eCE

not sure if this link will work
            It was kind of funny for the first three minutes...but she rides that joke like beating the proverbial dead horse! Plus, she reminds me waaaaaaay too much of a roommate from college whom I hope *never* to cross paths with again! >>>shudder<<<

mfw

Comment

Thank you, oh great one!

That was very satisfying.

Spoiler:
              Was Todd's voice when telling Tey'la that she'll be fine rather more... gentle, or am I imagining. I certainly like the voice better...
              HONOR. A story. http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...22#post8549622

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler64 View Post
                Thank you, oh great one!

Spoiler:
                Was Todd's voice when telling Tey'la that she'll be fine rather more... gentle, or am I imagining. I certainly like the voice better...
                Spoiler:
                you're not imagining, that's what I thought also. it makes sense, as he's trying to reassure her... but I hope they don't make him sound too human.

Comment

I can't see that vid

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                    you're not imagining, that's what I thought also. it makes sense, as he's trying to reassure her... but I hope they don't make him sound too human.
                    Spoiler:
                    I hope so too. Being reassuring and nurturing and all warm and fuzzy goes against every bit of his Wraith DNA. Seriously, though, unless they are showing another side of the Wraith--which would run counter to everything else they've shown so far--to make them, or one of them in particular, suddenly acting against character would be a weakening of the Wraith premise and a mistake. They are loveable because of their snarky, no prisoners personality. You have to EARN their alliance. If Todd is to act according to his Wraith personality he should say something like: "stop being a human and you'll live." Now that's a line... However, listening to that particular part again, the bit of gentleness in his voice fades away and it becomes sharp again. But, we'll see the context. That hand clasp though... oh dear. I have hope for that.

sigpic

Comment

Todd to Tey'la: GO WITH YOUR INNER WRAITH!

sigpic

Comment

I saw the MGM trailer, yay! It's so much better than the Sci-Fi one.
                        Spoiler:
                        I looove the "Welcome to my ship"! But it's true that "Everything'll be fine" sounds strange. The next part sounds Toddish enough again, though. And I like wraith-Teyla voice. When Teyla threatens Todd with her knife, I wonder if she's only playing angry to impress the other wraith.

"The Queen" promises to challenge "Common Ground" as my favourite episode!
                        My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
                        Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
                        sigpic

Comment

i'm not sure i like Teylas wraith look, i think it's the chin
                          sigpic
                          FOR MY HIVE AND MY HIVE ALONE

Comment

Originally posted by BlueJay View Post
                            i'm not sure i like Teylas wraith look, i think it's the chin
                            Loads of people have commented on that, and I agree. She looks too uhhh manly on the chin side of things. lol.

Comment

she does look quite butch and i don't like it so much. Teyla has a soft face and they've lost it. Suppose it was to make her seem more of a
                              Spoiler:
                              ball busting wraith, (love how she handles Todd, but i'm sure he could take her down if he wanted to.)
                              sigpic
                              FOR MY HIVE AND MY HIVE ALONE

Comment

Originally posted by BlueJay View Post
                                she does look quite butch and i don't like it so much. Teyla has a soft face and they've lost it. Suppose it was to make her seem more of a
                                Spoiler:
                                ball busting wraith, (love how she handles Todd, but i'm sure he could take her down if he wanted to.)
                                Yeah, I think it's maybe to make her look and feel completely alien.
                                Spoiler:

Haha, totally "ball busting" I agree. Yes, Todd could totally kick her butt. I think he was just making her look good in front of the other wraith.

Comment

Working...
                                X