Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
    a new wraith picture from "outsiders". I think this is the one someone named "dave".

That's our Dave alright!

Thank you for the photo...I'm really beginning to like this Wraith, and we haven't really even seen him in action yet
    sigpic

Comment

they say:
      aaron - they took my pincer nails off, you know, so I can actually unzip in the bathroom. it's one of the realities of the costume.
      camera guy - the fans are going to love this.
      Thank you! But hey, I have to disagree, it's not a problem to unzip with long nails, I know it from experience. Does Aaron need that I teach him? (Granted, it might be harder with artificial nails glued on your real nails than with naturally long nails.)

Anyway, we now know why wraith never change clothes: They can't unzip them without the help of their worshippers!
      My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
      Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Veldt View Post
        That's our Dave alright!

Thank you for the photo...I'm really beginning to like this Wraith, and we haven't really even seen him in action yet
        he reminds me of the "king" sateda wraith... not sure why, I think it's the beard.

Originally posted by Laura Dove View Post
        Thank you! But hey, I have to disagree, it's not a problem to unzip with long nails, I know it from experience. Does Aaron need that I teach him? (Granted, it might be harder with artificial nails glued on your real nails than with naturally long nails.)

Anyway, we now know why wraith never change clothes: They can't unzip them without the help of their worshippers!
        well, I don't think anyone here would be hired for that job, we'd either a) faint, or b) the wraith would fear for their safety and not come near us.

Comment

he reminds me of the "king" sateda wraith... not sure why, I think it's the beard.
          He reminds me more of Rhys, in fact. I find the new Aaron and Tyler wraith creepier than previous ones (but in a good way!) They look less human, less elegant too, but more fascinating. I really wish Dave gets an actual personality in the episode, so that he looks both creepy AND a 3-D person.

well, I don't think anyone here would be hired for that job, we'd either a) faint, or b) the wraith would fear for their safety and not come near us.
          He he! Ooooh, come on, we would never do them any harm, would we? It's all for their own good.
          Last edited by Laura Dove; 01 September 2008, 01:28 PM.
          Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Laura Dove View Post
            He he! Ooooh, come on, we would never do them any harm, would we? It's all for their own good.
            the wraith may beg to differ when they wake up with bows in their hair or any of the other things some people want to do to them.

Comment

the wraith may beg to differ when they wake up with bows in their hair or any of the other things some people want to do to them.
              You mean, stealing their clothes once unzipped?
              sigpic

Comment

Ooooh...Aaron Wraith looks mighty fine there! I'm glad he's named after my husband (Dave)!

AND we know that at least THIS Wraith has need to 'unzip'. Not so sure about Tyler Wraith in that vid (that one doesn't have a name yet, I don't think)...Tyler Wraith just kinda giggled, as if to say, 'Zippers? We don't need no stinkin' zippers!'

On a more mature note, I think Aaron probably had a problem because the nails are glued on - one of the past Wraith actors - can't remember who - said that there was always a problem with the nails coming off, and they always had to be re-applied.

Such delicate things, these Wraith.

das
                sigpic

Comment

So, that's a goatee, some strange hair coming out next to his lips, and sideburns?

Oh boy...

Spoiler:
                  Those are the ones that capture Beckett, was it?

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Question: does a Wraith shave, or does it have limited amount of hair growing on its face?

Hmm, Todd didn't have a beard, and only the goatee, no sign of it growing out of proportions, same for his hair.

Maybe they can control hair growth with their minds?

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                      Question: does a Wraith shave, or does it have limited amount of hair growing on its face?

Hmm, Todd didn't have a beard, and only the goatee, no sign of it growing out of proportions, same for his hair.

with their minds? I'd love to be able to do that.

I think it's personal preference and not dependant on whether they can/can't grow hair. given how vain wraith seem to be, they might have a version of shaving. plus, besides todd, we haven't seen enough of any other wraith to really judge if their hair/beards grow longer over time. then again, steve and todd were held captive for weeks and their appearances didn't change... but wraith are long lived, so maybe their physiology doesn't grow hair at the rate a human would.

Comment

LOL - that would be cool! (Imagines them meditating really hard every morning to make specific hair follicles stop growing instead of shaving.) But no, being the vain creatures they are, I'm sure they use something like electrolysis rather than having to deal with shaving everyday. Although the image of a Wraith shaving is awfully appealing to me!

Btw, Star Trek: TNG episode "Parallels" that Das was talking about earlier is actually on Sci-Fi tonight (in the States anyway). It's on at 9pm Eastern/8pm Central.

mfw

Comment

Like a millimeter per year...

Man, that would sting and itch for a LONG time!

Comment

Originally posted by MyFavoriteWraith View Post
                            LOL - that would be cool! (Imagines them meditating really hard every morning to make specific hair follicles stop growing instead of shaving.)
                            if todd can get a comb through his hair, then anything is possible.

Comment

oh my, iv been away for a bit and tryn to catch up.
                              so lets see, iv:
                              **hit the floor, draged myself up only todo it again and again, drooled so much im dehydrated, LOL/ROFLMAO to the point i should have 6-pack abs and am compleatley excited about the queen and at the same time disapointed that it may lead to more questions with no chance of getting aneswers.**

good to see all
                              Congrats on >600 pages!!!!!!

(if toddikins hair is combed then how wil i stay tangled in it??)
                              Last edited by masterling; 02 September 2008, 06:02 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Wasn't there a discussion a while ago, about what the Wraith would do with culled pregnant women? Don't they take the children somewhere, maybe to be trained as worshippers/slaves, or something?

Maybe some of those children wanna be Wraiths, like Ellia was human raised, and wanted to be human, so now, with there being almost no more Queens, they're turned into Queens?
                                i asked JM on his blog a while back about what wraith would do with culled children and his answer was something along the lines of, that they would be returned so they could grow up some more and gain more tasty life experience, or something like that.
                                i mentioned pregnant women but didn't get an answer.

you would think some would be kept to become worshippers when older, they'd grow up knowing nothing else and would be less likely to cause problems than adults that joined.
                                sigpic
                                FOR MY HIVE AND MY HIVE ALONE

Comment

Working...
                                X